RIP Anton Yelchin

Started by 426Buddy, Jun 20, 2016, 01:09:10 AM

Author
RIP Anton Yelchin (Read 1,773 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

RIP Anton Yelchin, can't believe it, always liked this guy in all he did.

Always sad to see someone die so young (27) and in such a freak accident.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/19/entertainment/actor-anton-yelchin-killed/index.html

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yep, it's sad and tragic.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Really makes you feel your own mortality, 2016 is the year every famous person dies.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Very freaky accident!

I wonder how this will effect the movies, recast or kill off Chekov?

Jango1201

Jango1201

I saw this on yahoo and my heart skipped. He was a good actor and kept his head down. Never heard a bad thing about this gentleman. May he boldly go into the beyond.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 20, 2016, 02:29:44 AM
Very freaky accident!

I wonder how this will effect the movies, recast or kill off Chekov?
Quote>Chekov gets into a spacetime anomaly
>ages rapidly
>gets played by Walter Koenig

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Gone too young. Had a huge career head of him

Nostromo

Nostromo

Good kid, RIP. Happy he was in the 3rd Star Trek as well.

marrerom

marrerom

Man, this is brutal.  Anton was a great actor with loads of talent.  His portrayal of Kyle Reese in Terminator Salvation was second only to Bein himself and his Chekov was equally faithful to the StarTrek source material. He will be missed. 

GQSioux

GQSioux

Very sad about this one. And what a way to go. It's like right out of the Final Destination movies.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: GQSioux on Jun 20, 2016, 05:46:38 PM
Very sad about this one. And what a way to go. It's like right out of the Final Destination movies.

Or Maximum Overdrive.  :-\

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/20/autos/jeep-recall-anton-yelchin/index.html

It was a known safety problem that likely killed the dude.

genocyber

genocyber

This might be a bit negative to say, but I never felt he fit quite right for the role of Checkov. I felt he looked far too young, and didn't have the right look. But that asides seeing him die like this is pretty tragic.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The entire character set of Star Trek's new cast are unprofessional twats but that is just the times. Kind of like old Hawaii 5-0 and new Hawaii 5-0. The older one was a crime/drama where as the new one is action/mayhem. In Star Treks case it used to be about order and exploration. Loyalty, progressiveness, doing what's right and not causing harm. The moral vs ethical dilemma. The new one is about being a bunch of sorority boys wrecking havoc across the galaxy among incompetent star fleet officers. Without any of that good old star trek meaning behind any of it.

Oh and I mean the character they play and the scripts they act out. I especially don't like the new Scotty but also didn't like the treatment Chekov was given either. Even Kirk is dragged through the mud somewhat. JJ really screwed the pooch on this. Yea wrong thread but it is what it is.

I did like Yelchin's Kyle Reese though. Pity TS never got a sequel.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 20, 2016, 10:52:41 PM
Pity TS never got a sequel.

Well for me thats the best news in cinematic history.

Anyway, as far as Anton's tragic accident, Its really awful at such young age with a promising career. Im shocked

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed