Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 300,199 times)

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 12, 2017, 06:39:31 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 12, 2017, 06:36:35 PM
I've never read the script so I don't know who was responsible for that comedic (I like its dark humor though) tone. Joss Whedon or JPJ?

Both of them. The script is overly comedic anyway and then you add JPJ's unique style to it.

Then alternative director (Boyle or someone else) would have had problems changing its tone.

426Buddy

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 12, 2017, 06:59:36 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 12, 2017, 06:39:31 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 12, 2017, 06:36:35 PM
I've never read the script so I don't know who was responsible for that comedic (I like its dark humor though) tone. Joss Whedon or JPJ?

Both of them. The script is overly comedic anyway and then you add JPJ's unique style to it.

Then alternative director (Boyle or someone else) would have had problems changing its tone.

Why? You would have had some zippy one liners  and dialogue but the goofy tone that JPJ is known for and that is very present in resurrection would have been avoided.

BishopShouldGo

If I recall correctly, Ewan McGregor would've been Vriess if it was Boyle directing.

426Buddy

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 12, 2017, 08:10:18 PM
If I recall correctly, Ewan McGregor would've been Vriess if it was Boyle directing.

Man I hated that character, not sure if I just hated the character or that actors portrayal though.

Corporal Hicks

He's someone else I loved in JPJ's other films.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 12, 2017, 08:10:18 PM

Do you remember where you heard that?

BishopShouldGo

Sadly it was so long ago, I can't recall the source.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 12, 2017, 08:12:31 PMMan I hated that character, not sure if I just hated the character or that actors portrayal though.

I think a lot of it was down to the fact he was performing in a second language.

KiramidHead

Resurrection would also be greatly helped by not killing off Michael Wincott so early.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 12, 2017, 09:36:08 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 12, 2017, 08:12:31 PMMan I hated that character, not sure if I just hated the character or that actors portrayal though.

I think a lot of it was down to the fact he was performing in a second language.

I actually like Vriess. Dominique Pinon did a good job.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 12, 2017, 09:38:03 PM
Resurrection would also be greatly helped by not killing off Michael Wincott so early.

Wincott's death was a surprise. I like surprises :) This is Alien movie. No remorse.

426Buddy

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 12, 2017, 09:41:10 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 12, 2017, 09:36:08 PM

I actually like Vriess. Dominique Pinon did a good job.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 12, 2017, 09:38:03 PM

Wincott's death was a surprise. I like surprises :) This is Alien movie. No remorse.

Every scene where Vriess talks annoys the hell out of me, even when I watched it at the theater.

Wincott was great in the scenes he had, I would have prefered they killed Christie instead, that guy came off as a cartoon to me.

Ingwar

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 12, 2017, 09:46:57 PM
Every scene where Vriess talks annoys the hell out of me, even when I watched it at the theater.

Annoys in what way? Accent? I'm not bothered about that at all maybe because English is not mother tongue.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Wow, Vriess was practically the only character I liked in that movie!

SM

I think they changed his line to 'Who were you expecting?  Santa Claus?' because he couldn't get his mouth around 'Who were you expecting?  The Easter Bunny?' and kept saying 'Eastern Bunny'.

426Buddy

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 12, 2017, 10:38:54 PM

Annoys in what way? Accent? I'm not bothered about that at all maybe because English is not mother tongue.

Every way, the looks he gave, his lines, they way he delivered his lines and even his reaction to being burned by acid.. Like I said I don't know if it was the actor or just the character or maybe both but I couldn't stand him. I have seen clips of him in other films and had no problem with him at all.

OpenMaw

Wincott was great in the scenes he had, I would have prefered they killed Christie instead, that guy came off as a cartoon to me.

Agreed. I don't know what the Hell was up with Christie honestly. There were some really odd quirks to his character. Like the look he get's in his eyes when he starts gunning down guards in the messhall. Comes off like some kind of a voodoo trance state or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed