Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 300,236 times)

Magegg

A movie written by Damon Lindelof could never become one of the best science fictions film of all time. NEVER.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 08, 2015, 04:43:36 AM
A movie written by Damon Lindelof could never become one of the best science fictions film of all time. NEVER.

Zing. And agreed.

It's a gorgeous looking film though. Has next to no real substance though.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 08, 2015, 04:43:36 AM

He's an ideas man. He works better as a consultant.

Gash

Gash

Jeez, compared to most sci fi of the last decade and all the superhero drivel, Prometheus at the very least feels like it's in the spirit of more thought provoking science fiction, even if you look at it simply as story about an android's ambiguous moral stance amidst human contrivances.

Saw Fury Road last week, looks good and enjoyable and all - remarkable piece of film making in many ways but story wise less interesting than Prometheus. Both have the feel of sci-fi films from the 60s/70s, more substance behind the visual effects. Give me attempts at that any day.

Magegg

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 08, 2015, 11:59:11 AMHe's an ideas man. He works better as a consultant.
A pitcher more than a consultant. Have him to write the basic concept of anything, then drop him. How can he be a consultant? He has never resolved any plot point he has HIMSELF pitched for his own productions!

He f**ked up Lost because everything he proposed for the movie he had no idea what to do with it, he declined writing Prometheus 2 because he doesn't know what to do with whatever he hinted at the first film, he's a sort of reverse Shyamalan, he's more than likely even worse than Shyamalan.

Perfect-Organism

OT.  Way OT.  But deserves to be continued elsewhere...  Damn, I loved Prometheus...

Corporal Hicks

Just to save me time before I go diving into the threads - did anyone save the full size and non-caped versions of the original artwork from Blomkamp?

Darkness

There wasn't any. The capped versions are the only ones he posted.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There are a definitely larger versions. I've got a couple - The egg morphing/cocoon, the derelict, the queen. I've got those ones.

xeno_alpha_07

These any good?  Found on Google/Alien explorations blog. (Just missing one)

Corporal Hicks

Perfect. Much better quality than what I had. Thanks.

Darkness

Darkness

Never knew the originals had been released. Found the original artists too:

http://filmsketchr.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/neill-blomkamps-secret-alien-sequel.html

Geoffroy Thooren: http://djahalland.com and Douglas Williams: http://dougblot.blogspot.com.

Never seen this one before either:

And yeah, I see now how the guy is cocooned to the wall. I thought he was talking to Ripley stood up in the smaller version.

Corporal Hicks

That's from Prometheus from what I remember.

Nightmare Asylum

Uhh, take this as you will. :P

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2015, 09:15:50 AM
That's from Prometheus from what I remember.

It was posted on Doug Williams' blog "pleaselookatmeneillblomkamp" while he speculated what the Hammerpede might look like after it's first tease in a Prometheus teaser, and then Neill took it and used it as part of the bundle of concept art that he put out on Instagram. Makes me think that he is either going to somehow incorporate something similar to Williams' speculative Hammerpede or that he just plans to use Williams in some capacity and he just happened to show that as an example of Williams' art.

http://pleaselookatmeneillblomkamp.blogspot.com/2012/04/face-huggeruhsucker.html

whiterabbit

I don't know, I wouldn't mind a hot chick in space battling aliens movie. Some courtesy tits are always welcomed. yea yea please do not post example of how that is a bad idea... no wait ,actually please do. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed