This scene from Terminator has been bugging me..

Started by 9th_Stew, Jul 08, 2011, 07:48:44 AM

Author
This scene from Terminator has been bugging me.. (Read 821 times)

9th_Stew

This scene from Terminator has been bugging me for years, its towards the end of the movie when the tanker explodes.

The scene is this: The tanker explodes and Sarah turns around to see the Terminator stagger out and collapse on the floor to burn into a charcoal mess.

Now heres the the bugging bit... You see the machine moving whilst on fire "on its back" until u see a blacked out skull. When Sarah and Kyle hug the Terminator lifts itself up (from belly side down) in all its glory still inside the tanker...

So my question is this: wtf???

anyone to shed light on this would be greatly appreciated.

Lonely Universe

It just appeared to be a blacked out skull due to the light? Also, it was the 80's.

Terx2

That reminded my of a phonix rising from the flames and thats what it kinda was a robot rising from the burnt ruble and metal to complete it's goal of killing Sarah. And showing how determined the cyborg was.

Quote from: 8bitAngel on Jul 08, 2011, 08:37:06 AM
Also, it was the 80's.

Yeah lets just leave it at that ;D.

Valaquen

The skull was just all the flesh crisping away, but I think some licience was used to trick the viewer [though it was unnecessary by then]. The rubble you can assume collapsed on the machine as the fire burned and Sarah came out of her hiding place. It's  a quibble, really. Kinda like Ash attacking Parker in ALIEN and having no legs whilst he does so :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed