The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:25:23 AM

Author
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Read 370,536 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Dec 12, 2010, 11:48:04 AM
I hope the guards are as funny as Oblivion's. Though I don't want them to have psychic powers this time around. :D
I do! That was hilarious! Man, me and my friends have had such funny conversations based completely around the supernatural abilities of the guards. We've created names things for things such as "lamplight-face" where a guard or other NPC is holding a torch and he stares down at you accusingly in the darkness with an intimidating lighting cast across his/her shadowy face.  :D

"STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!!"

Most meme-tastic game ever created.  :)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I am looking forward to this. While I didn't finish Oblivion, I really enjoyed it, and it was a incredibly immersive gameplay experience.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Finally the time has come, loved hearing the main cue of the elder scrolls series in the trailer. I'm pretty sure it's gonna kick ass, especially with all the possibilities they have now in terms of graphichs, physics, etc... can't wait!

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Bethesda just confirmed they'll be using a NEW ENGINE! 8)
http://gamerant.com/skyrim-game-engine-johnj-56885/
I hope that finally makes the performance better (PC version) and the animations less clunky.

Huol

Huol

Didn't see that coming

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I never got into Elder Scrolls but I'm seriously thinking about trying this out.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quoteone of the biggest complaints about Oblivion was the deadpan, emotionless stares speaking characters would often communicate with. It's likely that a more dynamic, fluid approach has been implemented
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Spoiler
;)
[close]

Nope

Nope

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Dec 13, 2010, 09:29:02 AM
Bethesda just confirmed they'll be using a NEW ENGINE! 8)
http://gamerant.com/skyrim-game-engine-johnj-56885/
I hope that finally makes the performance better (PC version) and the animations less clunky.
This is awesome news!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

How long have they been working on this game? I mean ES4 took them nearly four years to make.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... issue.aspx

Game Informer is doing a month of Skyrim news.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

A whole month, or just an issue worth of news?

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 13, 2010, 08:33:34 PM
How long have they been working on this game? I mean ES4 took them nearly four years to make.

It seems they've been working on it since Fallout 3 came out. That'd explain why Obsidian took over Fallout: New Vegas too...

Nope

Nope

I can't wait for next months GI.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: shobidoo on Dec 13, 2010, 09:32:47 PM
I can't wait for next months GI.

It's February's... They'll just reveal the issue's cover next month.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I honestly can't wait to see how better the combat system is going to be. I have no complaints about Oblivion, or Fallout 3, but I totally understand why most people bash on the combat system.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed