Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 78,074 times)

Redlightning

I agree on all of it.

nico_celtic

I totally agree with you.

It_Just_Went_Off

The stealth mechanic didnt bother me tbh until earlier when I read people complaining about it and thought "its not that bad". Playing th game shortly I became infuriated  >:(

I mean, what you say is all true - if your the marine you have to make an effort aiming (peering through blinding muzzle flash etc) to kill something but with the alien its so fast and can see through walls all they hve to do its press the action button and its done (less so for the pred as the animation is longer an they are nt as fast).

People counter this by saying - the attacker has to be wary of others attacking it when in the stealth animation but most people dont care, afterall it doesnt list the amount of times you die or subtract if from your total kills....

.....Conga conga cong...... conga like you mean it......please dont make me hurt you...  ;D

Lil Theo

Lil Theo

It's a coding issue, sorry.

The game accepts the fact that once Condition X has been meant, Effect Y has happened.

Condition X is being behind the enemy and pressing and holding E, Square, or X for the predetermined amount of time.

After that, the animation starts, no matter what happens.

Shardik

Shardik

So thus it can and should be fixed. This is pretty much almost a game breaking issue for PC in my opinion.

gl0ry

gl0ry

Stealth kills don't bother me and my favorite class to play is marines.  If you've played a game called Exteel, then you'd be kinda familiar with the way these kills work.  I swear Exteel feels exactly like AVP when it comes to those kills.  Exteel would lock someone in range too the same way AVP does it.

Shardik

Shardik

That still does not mean that it isnt utter tripe. Also my biggest issue is the aliens and predators jumping far out of range and then being magically pulled back due to this mechanic

gl0ry

gl0ry

I just don't get what's so devastating about stealth kills.  Stealth kills make you so vulnerable... I don't see how they would be good especially in team DM.

The only thing I can think of is to put stealth kill on some kind of cool down (probably 4-5 seconds) once you hit the button so that you cannot spam the button as it will require more precision.

That would make stealth kills harder to execute and will kill all the spam complaints.

Shardik

Shardik

Quote from: gl0ry on Feb 06, 2010, 04:45:14 AM
I just don't get what's so devastating about stealth kills.  Stealth kills make you so vulnerable... I don't see how they would be good especially in team DM.

The only thing I can think of is to put stealth kill on some kind of cool down (probably 4-5 seconds) once you hit the button so that you cannot spam the button as it will require more precision.

That would make stealth kills harder to execute and will kill all the spam complaints.

Im not complaining about stealth kills existing. Personally I like them its just  in this way they are broken (in my opinion)

Elude

Elude

I really dont care about deathmatch and I'll even be caring less about it when the full game comes out with hunt, and infestation. However I think deathmatch and team deathmatch for that matter would be loads more fun if your killstreak was more of the objective to win rather then just your kills.

First of all the way it is now is to see how fast you can rack up kills which gets very boring as most deathmatch games tend to do because of the same reason, but if the kill streak was more of the objective it would create alot more tactical sneaking around and being more careful of how you encounter your foe.

As an alien dark shadows would feel WAY more important then they do now and the walk mode would feel much more important aswell, as of right now you feel the need to sprint everywhere, and focus jump on people in order to pass up their score. Taking out lights would also feel alot more like something you'd have to do to stay alive rather then just a silly gimmick.

Like the alien, the predator would need similar techniques but would require more observing how he should handel the situation and staying invisible to the enemy until its to late. The developers in many vidoes talk so much about how the predator is more like the eagle watching, observering, while the two other races are clashing and then he jumps in for the kill. In here its never like that.

The marine however unlike the other two isnt very stealthy, but that doesnt make this system pointless for him, right now a marine can easily get away with dying aslong as he kills his targets fast enough, there is no fear for him to die. Marines with a system such as this would actually need to work more using the small corridors and rooms and an eye on there motion tracker, aswell as the lit areas of there flashlights, and sticking close to the available lights around the map.

I know alot of you would say this will definitly increase the potential camping, but isnt that what AvP is kind of about? But with more stealth involved in the game it could create some more believable tactics for engaging someone whoes camping. Making you think before spamming away at your attacks.

Xhan

Xhan

Game moves WAY too fast for that.

Corporate Merc

Quote from: Xhan on Feb 06, 2010, 06:20:07 AM
Game moves WAY too fast for that.

Totally agree, maybe even a little too fast but still fun. The 10 min. matches only feel like maybe 2 or 3 min. max, and I cannot f@#king stand aliens who constantly spam that tail. I get why they do it but come on man dont just sit in a dark corner on the ceiling or where ever and just whack people w/ your tail. Then afterwards think their soooooo good. I know you alien players are gonna disagree but you cant really block it cause you get stunned for I think a little too long leaving you open to all kinds of shit. Maybe its just the demo because its "earlycode" or whatever, still cant wait to see the full game on the 16th.

Shardik

Shardik

Quote from: Lil Theo on Feb 06, 2010, 04:15:01 AM
It's a coding issue, sorry.

The game accepts the fact that once Condition X has been meant, Effect Y has happened.

Condition X is being behind the enemy and pressing and holding E, Square, or X for the predetermined amount of time.

After that, the animation starts, no matter what happens.

dude you dont even need to hold E you just tap it and done "mega inescapable WIN away"

Quote from: gl0ry on Feb 06, 2010, 04:45:14 AM

You raise a good point about a cooldown because people with keyboards like the G15 can just make it so they are constantly spamming E whenever this key comes up.

InfestedGoat

Quote from: Shardik on Feb 06, 2010, 03:31:16 AM
Basically When someone tries to stealth kill you and you turn around before impact it should not force you back around into the stealth kill; it should knock you on your ass at the most. Also when a predator/alien jumps out of range before impact the stealth kill mechanic should not force them back to you and preform the stealth kill. It would also be nice if when you kill someone that is stealth killing someone else, you are able to free the person being stealth killed from the mechanic unless they already have a hole/holes in them. Basically this stealth kill button should not be the instant "I WIN FROM 20 FT AWAY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO" button

this could be very easily fixed with a patch. All rebellion has to do is make it to where a stealth kill is performed by being behind the enemy and holding down the interact button for 1 to 2 seconds.

Then it won't be people running in circles just spamming the interact button, it will only be able to be used if u sneak up on someone :)

If rebellion did this the game would be 100% perfect in my book

gl0ry

gl0ry

Quote from: InfestedGoat on Feb 06, 2010, 07:12:42 AM
Quote from: Shardik on Feb 06, 2010, 03:31:16 AM
Basically When someone tries to stealth kill you and you turn around before impact it should not force you back around into the stealth kill; it should knock you on your ass at the most. Also when a predator/alien jumps out of range before impact the stealth kill mechanic should not force them back to you and preform the stealth kill. It would also be nice if when you kill someone that is stealth killing someone else, you are able to free the person being stealth killed from the mechanic unless they already have a hole/holes in them. Basically this stealth kill button should not be the instant "I WIN FROM 20 FT AWAY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO" button

this could be very easily fixed with a patch. All rebellion has to do is make it to where a stealth kill is performed by being behind the enemy and holding down the interact button for 1 to 2 seconds.

Then it won't be people running in circles just spamming the interact button, it will only be able to be used if u sneak up on someone :)

If rebellion did this the game would be 100% perfect in my book

I like that idea, seems like a really easy and fast way to fix it, although I wonder if it would make stealth kills too difficult.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed