Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover)

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 11, 2015, 12:07:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover) (Read 138,005 times)

RakaiThwei

I don't think I'll be picking this one up. Just not feeling the whole "Predators in Prometheus" schtick Dark Horse is doing.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 22, 2016, 09:35:38 PM
I don't think I'll be picking this one up. Just not feeling the whole "Predators in Prometheus" schtick Dark Horse is doing.

I agree.

Corporal Hicks

Whilst Prometheus may have been underwhelming, it opened up so many potential avenues for interesting new stories rather than being contained to the same few stories over and over again.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing more of these new directions.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2016, 01:39:18 PM
Whilst Prometheus may have been underwhelming, it opened up so many potential avenues for interesting new stories rather than being contained to the same few stories over and over again.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing more of these new directions.

I agree mostly except the I found Prometheus to be perfectly whelming.  I've never come out of the theatre so whelmed.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2016, 01:39:18 PM

Prometheus works fine as an Alien exclusive thing.. but when Predator is thrown in.. I'm just afraid that they're going to be doing HUGE changes to the fundamentals of Predator. Which is what they seem to be doing.

Predator is about the hunt, nothing more, nothing less.. It's not about answering the big questions.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 23, 2016, 03:45:48 PM
I agree mostly except the I found Prometheus to be perfectly whelming.  I've never come out of the theatre so whelmed.

I used to like Prometheus.. then my opinion about it changed.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 23, 2016, 08:42:41 PM
Prometheus works fine as an Alien exclusive thing.. but when Predator is thrown in.. I'm just afraid that they're going to be doing HUGE changes to the fundamentals of Predator. Which is what they seem to be doing.

Predator is about the hunt, nothing more, nothing less.. It's not about answering the big questions.

Which is exactly all the Predators inclusion in this whole escapade has been. Hunting the Engineers. Predator is the most versatile franchise out of these ones. Let it flex its story telling muscles before you condem it.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2016, 09:12:51 PM
Which is exactly all the Predators inclusion in this whole escapade has been. Hunting the Engineers. Predator is the most versatile franchise out of these ones. Let it flex its story telling muscles before you condem it.

Fine.. but we don't need an origin story for the Predators. As long as they don't do that.. fine.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 23, 2016, 09:50:25 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2016, 09:12:51 PM

Fine.. but we don't need an origin story for the Predators. As long as they don't do that.. fine.

I knew that this was what that was about.  :P Nothing indicates that this is what they're trying to do with the Predators. I do agree though - I'd like it stay away from that.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2016, 09:52:26 PM
I do agree though - I'd like it stay away from that.

At least we agree on that.

I will say after Fire and Stone, I gave up on the comics.

happypred

I am open to any concept/story as long as it is well executed. Some concepts are harder to pull off than others, e.g. a Yautja origin tale...hence I would be wary.

I thought Sebela's AvP completely missed the point of AvP

Ultramorph

One small thing Randy said in the interview with Diamond...
Quotewhat happens in the opening chapter with Predator hearkens not only to the first Predator film, but also to Alien.
...has me hoping that we get to see some fossilized chair suit Engineers. It's a small thing, and I accept that "Elephant Jockeys" are gone, but I was disappointed that we didn't see any chair suits in FaS.

Also, not a huge spoiler or anything but, as far as how connected these miniseries will be
Spoiler
if you look at the previews for Predator and the leaked dialog for Prometheus, both mention a character named Roth, so it looks like we'll be dealing with a set cast like the previous event.
[close]

I'm glad we only have to wait until March for this. Here's hoping that they do something cool with "the mountain", assuming it figures in the story.

HuDaFuK

Bollocks, forgot to pre-order this again over the weekend.

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 24, 2016, 05:41:07 PM
It's a small thing, and I accept that "Elephant Jockeys" are gone

It'd be f**king cool if the human Engineers are a copycat race of an even more ancient race of elephant Jockeys

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Jan 27, 2016, 02:18:07 AM
It'd be f**king cool if the human Engineers are a copycat race of an even more ancient race of elephant Jockeys

That.. made me laugh with a sense of irony.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: happypred on Jan 27, 2016, 02:18:07 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 24, 2016, 05:41:07 PM
It's a small thing, and I accept that "Elephant Jockeys" are gone

That's what people seem to keep asking for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed