Prometheus soundtrack on iTunes!

Started by Glaive, May 15, 2012, 08:03:29 AM

Author
Prometheus soundtrack on iTunes! (Read 57,170 times)

brodels_nazz

The first few tracks remind me of Star Trek. Not the new Trek but TNG/Voyager era Trek.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: brodels_nazz on May 15, 2012, 04:27:28 PM
The first few tracks remind me of Star Trek. Not the new Trek but TNG/Voyager era Trek.

Did you mean that in a positive sense?    :P ;)

The Original Trek has some of the greatest music composed for a television series.
We miss you Fred Steiner, Alexander Courage, Sol Kaplan and Gerald Fried!

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Deuterium on May 15, 2012, 04:00:52 PM
Goldsmith's score for Alien was mostly "impressionistic" (especially when Scott and the editors incorporated lots of bits from his earlier score from "Freud")...nevertheless, the original "Main Title" theme, and "Hyper Sleep" were incredible, and these themes recurred in variations throughout the film.  And the musical cue during the reveal of the Space Jockey ("The Skeleton") was simply sublime.
Yup. What a lot of people don't grasp with "impressionistic", dissonant horror scores is that there's a difference between noise and artful noise. Goldsmith and Goldenthal's ALIEN scores? Artful noise. Even the most dissonant passages have the touch of genius to them. Most of the suspense cues for PROMETHEUS are just noise, though--aimless droning and flaccid passages for whispily-orchestrated strings. Not that that's a bad thing--it's functional and it works, but it's nowhere near the level of quality of the original scores.

That said, it is growing on me (Stockholm syndrome?!), especially HGW's contributions. The electronic aspects are going to date quickly, though.

CanisMajoris

I can't explain why, but i have listened it several times and like it more and more every time  ;)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on May 15, 2012, 04:48:49 PM
That said, it is growing on me (Stockholm syndrome?!), especially HGW's contributions.
Yes..! We finally agree on something Prometheus-score related... We must consummate this wonderful event...
Spoiler

;) :D ;D
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Eva on May 15, 2012, 04:57:22 PM
That said, it is growing on me (Stockholm syndrome?!), especially HGW's contributions.
Yes..! We finally agree on something Prometheus-score related... We must consummate this wonderful event...
Spoiler

[close]
This Coppola's Dracula theme ... continue, guys.

Promethean Fire

I'm still very much on the fence about this score.  I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out when synched with the visuals.  Saying that, I got a shiver listening to the reprise of Goldsmith's Alien theme.  :)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Spoiler

[close]
;D ;)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Valaquen on May 15, 2012, 04:58:24 PM
Spoiler

[close]
This Coppola's Dracula theme ... continue, guys.
Spoiler
If you wanna look, it's gonna cost you a hundred  :P
[close]

RoyaleDuke

Wow at this whole OST, I love it. Most of it gave me chills much like the OST for Alien does.

And WOW at Birth.

Alienseseses

Engineers. 
Spoiler
AAAAAAAAAH holy carp
[close]

eyesofthedemon

This is so much better than i thought we'd get,with this and the visuals i'm hopeful,now its down to the script and story

Mechafist

Mechafist

Quote from: Qwertify on May 15, 2012, 02:56:30 PM
Quote from: jevjnd2000 on May 15, 2012, 02:41:48 PM
So, am I led to believe that our cobra friend that we've seen in various clips is the hammerpede?

I am pretty sure it is.

(Hammerhead Shark - Shark) + Snake = Hammerhead Snake

Hammerhead Snake + Stampede = Hammerpede
Funny i drew something a little time ago...Maybe Ridley thought in the same thing as i did.
Maybe:
centipede + hammerhead shark + mosquito =Hammepede

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Mechafist on May 15, 2012, 05:13:12 PM
Funny i drew something a little time ago...Maybe Ridley thought in the same thing as i did.
Maybe:
centipede + hammerhead shark + mosquito =Hammerpede

Yes, that is it.  Except the mosquito part is extraneous, and is not needed.

fiveways

fiveways

"Friend from the Past" didn't do it for me.  Sounds like "Stars of the Lid" with lamer synth presets [and I love SotL and tons of shit like that].

Is it just me or is there a sample from the Aliens soundtrack on "Birth"?  The stringed bass sound about 1/3'd way through the clip.

I don't like it.  Sounds like Hans Zimmer.  Not my dig.  Too many strings for scifi.  I'd rather it be all abstract synth though, and most people hate that stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed