The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots

Started by ikarop, May 30, 2012, 05:54:28 PM

Author
The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots (Read 92,203 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

the map seems to consist of a labyrinth of rubble walls you can climb and jump around on. if they made it a bit more dense and added more cover, corners and levels i'd be sold on it.

and while the blood spray looks fine the acid is completely absent. i suspect they havent even implemented it to the demos because they havent managed to make it not-instakill for awful players/consoles like the guy at the beggining. or they havent havent started on it all which is just as likely. either way, marines are taking way more damage than they should without going down. i counted dozens of claw attacks and not even a freefloating pain animation.

SM

SM

Didn't notice the lack of acid damage.  Was busy puzzling over how great gouts of red blood was spraying everywhere with no apprent affect to the player.

cubanb82

cubanb82

Holy shit! Are you people kidding yourselves? Anyone worth their salt that loves this franchise is in their 30s or older... Why are grown adults crying over a red dot? If the developers made it that way, suck it up, or just don't buy it! Lol.

Sorry to sound like a dick, to those who are just well meaning folks who want to contribute to the conversation. My frustration is geared toward the FANBOY sect so irritatingly blinded by the fact that their griping means jack shit to anybody.

Here we are in 2012 about to receive a game based on events following one of our most beloved childhood memories, packed with xenomorphs, facehuggers, recreated movie sets... And even bits from the original ALIEN... And the hot button topic is... A RED DOT in MP...

Look.. If you want tension go shark diving, or crocodile wrestling... But don't cry like pantywaists because you aren't going to be able to immerse yourself in sheer terror in a world contained on a television screen. Immersion is great, but any real ALIENS fan isn't going to play this game to feel tension.. They are going to play it to feel like Vasquez.

So just relax you sissies.

SM

SM

QuoteSorry to sound like a dick

You're not sorry at all.

cubanb82

cubanb82

Quote from: SM on Jun 05, 2012, 06:04:41 AM
QuoteSorry to sound like a dick

You're not sorry at all.

True. Not one bit. I could care less if I hurt some fanatics feelings. ;)

The game is going to be an awesome amalgamation of a developers hard work, and I'm not going to be one of those assholes whimpering over something they did that I personally don't like. Franchises don't owe you and I a damn thing. We lime it we buy it.. We don't like it, we don't buy it. End of story.

SM

SM

Your whinging about fanboys distinctly lacks any whiff of irony.

cubanb82

cubanb82

Then again.. I'm the kind of guy who buys every new disc that comes out because I love the series and I'm a collector... This game means a hell of a lot to me just based on its predecessors, but I'm not going to cry when I see something wrong with it according to me. That's problem with gamers today.. They all think that games are about them them them. It's entertainment media.. It's NEVER going to be the end all be all, but for someone like me it is pretty close no matter what I don't like.

WHY?

Because I respect the decisions made on its behalf because I'm not in control of it. Those who have no right to give input are the most vocal. So shut up! The lot of ya! ;)

Quote from: SM on Jun 05, 2012, 06:11:31 AM

Ooh, ya got me sport. You win! 

I'll hide in the corner as you type your next snarky comeback. And when I don't reply, it will be because you best me into submission with your whit!

... That of I'm going to bed.. But I'll do ya a favor and say it was your whit. ;)

Damnit, I just can't do it! It's because I'm going to bed. I could give a rats ass about your whit. Lol.

Nite!

SM

SM

Quote from: cubanb82 on Jun 05, 2012, 06:13:41 AM
Then again.. I'm the kind of guy who buys every new disc that comes out because I love the series and I'm a collector... This game means a hell of a lot to me just based on its predecessors, but I'm not going to cry when I see something wrong with it according to me. That's problem with gamers today.. They all think that games are about them them them. It's entertainment media.. It's NEVER going to be the end all be all, but for someone like me it is pretty close no matter what I don't like.

WHY?

Because I respect the decisions made on its behalf because I'm not in control of it. Those who have no right to give input are the most vocal. So shut up! The lot of ya! ;)

I'll hide in the corner as you type your next snarky comeback. And when I don't reply, it will be because you best me into submission with your whit!

... That of I'm going to bed.. But I'll do ya a favor and say it was your whit. ;)

Damnit, I just can't do it! It's because I'm going to bed. I could give a rats ass about your whit. Lol.

Nite!

*- wit

WinterActual

Is there more footage coming on the way? I mean like the other studios represent their games at the scene, on the big screen.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: SM on Jun 05, 2012, 06:27:30 AM
Quote from: cubanb82 on Jun 05, 2012, 06:13:41 AM

WHY?

Nite!

*- wit

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

im here for the xenos

what i think is that the red dots will only be available in easy mode

chupacabras acheronsis

boo hoo! gamers are entitled and mean!

belikel

belikel

Based on what I've seen so far this will be the same mess as Dead Space 2 MP was - humans are totally overpowered and the allegedly deadliest species in the galaxy dwindles to become mere cannon fodder.

Dowly

Dowly

Quote from: HER Hive's Elite Guard on Jun 05, 2012, 12:53:13 PM
Based on what I've seen so far this will be the same mess as Dead Space 2 MP was - humans are totally overpowered and the allegedly deadliest species in the galaxy dwindles to become mere cannon fodder.

Xenos become cannon fodder if they wander in front of the cannon. :) Just as it should be, imho.

WinterActual

Quote from: im here for the xenos on Jun 05, 2012, 11:14:09 AM
what i think is that the red dots will only be available in easy mode
There is no "easy mode" in the multiplayer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed