brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 154,826 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The only thing I'm not much convinced of is the giant head. I agree that it could've looked more Giger-ish.
But the rest... oh my.

Snowdog

Snowdog

The suits look a bit to much scifi for my taste but to be completely honest i do love the stills. And i'm even more convinced it is an alien prequel of some sorts.

eyesofthedemon

eyesofthedemon

I hope those Urns are incubators for actual eggs,no Queen here,move along!

Space Jockey King

Quote from: Snowdog on Nov 23, 2011, 07:01:53 PM
The suits look a bit to much scifi for my taste but to be completely honest i do love the stills. And i'm even more convinced it is an alien prequel of some sorts.

Tbh i think it is a prequel because of this reason...

So Ridley Scott says this is not a prequel to Alien? well I am confused because in the article over at "Alienprequelnews" Scott says that in the last 8 minutes of Prometheus it will tie in with Alien...

well if a film is supposed to be set before another doesn't that mean its a prequel??

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011/11/ridley-scott-last-8-minutes-of.html

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

... Awesome.  I have a lot of faith in Ridley Scott, so I'm holding most of my opinions until we get some trailers and more screens.

Lot of comments about the look and the universe in here, which I can understand.  The points already made, though, should be considered.  Most advanced science vessel ever built vs. run-down commercial freighter, I mean, with such a distinction it seems like they could frankly make it look however they want.

Another thing, one of you fellow geeks know when, time-wise, Prometheus is supposed to take place?  I'm assuming it's closer to a near-future type of deal, not the 200+ years into the future that Alien began from.

To me, that makes it a lot easier to just enjoy whats to come.  Anything made about the Alien, in any way, that isn't total steaming crapola, will have me trembling with frenetic, juvenile anticipation.

I'd watch the whole movie to see a proper xeno for 30 bloody seconds.

chupacabras acheronsis

Space Jockey King

Hey guys from the new pics which got put up on the net today, well i managed to do a bit of spying on some of the pictures and this is one picture i came across...

It sure looks like two of the "Prometheus crew" are looking at a object which well may look like an Xeno egg?

what do you guys think this is ?

>>--Space Jockey King-->

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Oh come on, keep it in the thread...
you could make thousands of threads for each pixel then.
Could be pretty much everything. Egg, container, helmet and so on  ;)

IMDB board is the place to open millions of threads  ;D

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Biomechanoid20 on Nov 23, 2011, 02:30:59 PM
I personally wished the giant head looked more "Giger-ish", kinda like:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g471/muromachi/gigerfaceampules.jpg

That was my wish.

And as already said, the head is Guy Pearce. Especially his nose.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

I dunno about that but here's something else worth considering. Remember those leaked images several weeks ago from Comic Con, if you still have those have a look through them again.  You can clearly see in some (not all) there were 4 crew members who go into the ampule room, yet the new pictures only show 3. It is difficult to tell and I could be totally wrong, but I believe this is that 4th member who's already been infected, still with their helmet on (hence where the light comes from) being tended to while lying on the ground.

ikarop

ikarop

Nice avatar. And no, I think it's just a rock or some debris on which they find something. There's another 'rock' like that one in the same shot.

http://i42.tinypic.com/11u80hi.jpg

Quote from: RoaryUK on Nov 23, 2011, 08:00:58 PM
I dunno about that but here's something else worth considering. Remember those leaked images several weeks ago from Comic Con, if you still have those have a look through them again.  You can clearly see in some (not all) there were 4 crew members who go into the ampule room, yet the new pictures only show 3. It is difficult to tell and I could be totally wrong, but I believe this is that 4th member who's already been infected, still with their helmet on (hence where the light comes from) being tended to while lying on the ground.

There are 4 people in the new pictures. Rapace, Fassbender, Logan and Kate.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Eldritch on Nov 23, 2011, 02:41:17 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 23, 2011, 02:36:22 PM
Link here to the full article
http://i42.tinypic.com/11u80hi.jpg

Interesting quote from Fassbender:
"There's creatures in it that you'll recognize, but that's only one tiny facet of what's going on".

I wonder what that means. Will the Jockey's, Facehuggers, Xeno's be there but insignificant?

I think he is talking the actual xenos.

The Jockeys/Engineers will play a more dominant role, is what I believe. Also, Ridley did mention that the Jockeys/Engineers as we know them look different in Prometheus since the thing in the chair in Alien still had its suit on.. inside the suit, they look more human.

Nevertheless, I still hope Fassbender was talking about Space Jockey. Xenos, Huggers, Eggs ... have been overtly shown before, what I'd like to view here is those undeterminate, extraterrestrial creatures.

locusta

locusta

BTW, was it already mentioned by now, that the crew in the chamber does not wear helmets? So there is oxygen???

I mean, in the leaked Comic con pix they wear helmets and are they now on a SJ ship or that cave on earth or some whatever planet???

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: locusta on Nov 23, 2011, 08:23:03 PM
BTW, was it already mentioned by now, that the crew in the chamber does not wear helmets? So there is oxygen???

I mean, in the leaked Comic con pix they wear helmets and are they now on a SJ ship or that cave on earth or some whatever planet???

Yeah but if you think about it
in the first Alien when kane gets facehugged the helmet is of no use anymore. The hugger burnt through. So the suit won't have pressure anymore. It could be possible lV426 had oxygen already. But that the levels weren't high enough for populations or something like that.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

As said before, this seems to be the same shot from a different POV...tell me, is that a helmet or not?
Damn quality, you see some kind of reflection above his head. Pretty sure this is not from the background.

Or they posed a 2nd time, exactly the same position but without helmets just for the photo shooting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed