Indiana Jones 5

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Mar 15, 2016, 07:00:16 PM

Author
Indiana Jones 5 (Read 32,118 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'd be curious see what Jeffrey Boam's rewrite of Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars was like. Jeb Stuart's draft isn't really bad, but has a ton of problems and doesn't really work. That was basically the only official attempt at an Indy 4 in the 90s.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 05, 2022, 01:19:51 AMI'd be curious see what Jeffrey Boam's rewrite of Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars was like. Jeb Stuart's draft isn't really bad, but has a ton of problems and doesn't really work. That was basically the only official attempt at an Indy 4 in the 90s.
Interesting tell me more

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Omegamorph on Sep 05, 2022, 01:28:57 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 05, 2022, 01:19:51 AMI'd be curious see what Jeffrey Boam's rewrite of Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars was like. Jeb Stuart's draft isn't really bad, but has a ton of problems and doesn't really work. That was basically the only official attempt at an Indy 4 in the 90s.
Interesting tell me more

Basically Indy stumbles onto the Roswell crash, with multiple parties trying to claim the aliens' power source. A lot of ideas and set pieces ended up in Crystal Skull (including the ants, the rocket sled, and a version of the fridge :laugh:).

Supposedly Spielberg was happy with Boam's rewrite, but canned the project after Independence Day came out, figuring he couldn't top that film in terms of alien invasion stuff.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Well yeah aliens were never the problem with Indy 4 - more like the BS that ruined the perfect trilogy ending

Interesting stuff. I'll have to cover Indy 4 eventually (since aliens are in it...) so this is wicked to know, thank you

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Many different writers worked on it after that, but only Frank Darabont's City of the Gods has leaked. Which also has a lot of Crystal Skull in it, but the main focus is on Indy reconnecting with Marion, there's no Mutt.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 05, 2022, 04:28:21 AMMany different writers worked on it after that, but only Frank Darabont's City of the Gods has leaked. Which also has a lot of Crystal Skull in it, but the main focus is on Indy reconnecting with Marion, there's no Mutt.
Good god why didn't they go with that

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Omegamorph on Sep 05, 2022, 04:30:03 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 05, 2022, 04:28:21 AMMany different writers worked on it after that, but only Frank Darabont's City of the Gods has leaked. Which also has a lot of Crystal Skull in it, but the main focus is on Indy reconnecting with Marion, there's no Mutt.

Supposedly Spielberg and Ford liked it, but Lucas didn't.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Obviously he didn't

Spielberg went hit and miss sometime in the late 00s. Puzzling

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It wasn't flawless, like I could have done without a monkey pooping on Indy, but it was solid enough.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

They should do a parody of the controversial archaeologist Zahi Hawass :laugh:

Something like when in Jurassic Park they parodied the much nicer Robert Bakker (paleontologist) in The Lost World ;D

Quote from: Omegamorph on Sep 05, 2022, 04:30:03 AM

Holy ancient aliens Batman! :o

nanison

nanison

I personally didn't like the action very much in Indy 4. The first 4 films had unique and exciting practical pieces.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 10, 2022, 06:18:19 PMLUCAS IS INVOLVED!

I have a bad feeling about this...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed