Author
Gladiator II (Read 44,256 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 01, 2018, 09:33:46 PM
Quote from: SM on Nov 01, 2018, 09:25:37 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 01, 2018, 09:16:21 PM
Quote from: SM on Nov 01, 2018, 08:54:23 PM
What's the problem with a film based on Lucius?

As a standalone movie that has nothing to do with Gladiator, nothing.
As a sequel to Gladiator, everything.

Just leave this classic alone.

What are they doing to the original film?

Nothing, but it's completely tasteless and mental. It's like a sequel to, as I mentioned before, Braveheart, Casablanca, Lawrance of Arabia, 12 Angry Men, Taxi Driver, Schindler's List , The Shawshank Redemption, Titanic and so on. Why? What's the point?

Because they think they have an entertaining enough story that will be popular, I would guess.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Because they have tendency to milk down classic movies and screw them badly (Alien, Terminator, Predator, Star Wars and so on), I guess. Besides, this movie will never happen.

SM

SM

But you said nothing was happening to the original film.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I meant the franchise.

SiL

SiL

But there is no franchise, just a single film  ???

And like four of the classics you mentioned are based on true stories. No shit they didn't get sequels.

Whining about a sequel on the grounds that it's a sequel is really bizarre.

SM

SM

How many people, for example, love Predator or Alien, but decide they don't like those movies anymore because AvP was crap?

How many people decide they don't like Aliens anymore because they hate Alien3?

Besides, if it's never going to happen 2 pages of impotent whining was all for naught.

CristianoRonaldo7

CristianoRonaldo7

Quote from: SM on Nov 02, 2018, 12:43:46 AM
How many people, for example, love Predator or Alien, but decide they don't like those movies anymore because AvP was crap?

Besides, if it's never going to happen 2 pages of impotent whining was all for naught.

Sadly, I think Ridley Scott is having problems getting the money and Producers for his new movies. Ridley is a little, little desperate right now.

SiL

SiL

The Predator was so bad it made me not only hate Predator, but made all my copies of the movie burst into flame -- which I didn't mind, because as I said, I now hate the movie, so f**k it. Let it burn.

SM

SM

Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Nov 02, 2018, 12:52:35 AM

Sadly, I think Ridley Scott is having problems getting the money and Producers for his new movies. Ridley is a little, little desperate right now.

Based on what?

Huggs

Huggs

Gladiator 2? Cool.

If Scott wasn't involved, I'd be worried. But Scott is involved, which makes all the difference.

I may have a lot of bones to pick with the prequels, but a Ridley Scott film is still a film worth seeing at least once. In general, he doesn't make cheap sh*t.

CristianoRonaldo7

CristianoRonaldo7

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 02, 2018, 01:54:54 AM
Gladiator 2? Cool.

If Scott wasn't involved, I'd be worried. But Scott is involved, which makes all the difference.

I may have a lot of bones to pick with the prequels, but a Ridley Scott film is still a film worth seeing at least once. In general, he doesn't make cheap sh*t.

At least it would look great in a movie theater. Even EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS was very nice in terms of visuals. I saw that epic 2 times in movie theaters.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SiL on Nov 02, 2018, 12:59:22 AM
The Predator was so bad it made me not only hate Predator, but made all my copies of the movie burst into flame -- which I didn't mind, because as I said, I now hate the movie, so f**k it. Let it burn.

This genuinely made me giggle.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Honestly I think they should just skip Gladiator 2 and go straight to filming Gladiator 3.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 02, 2018, 06:32:04 AM
Honestly I think they should just skip Gladiator 2 and go straight to filming Gladiator 3.

Make it a direct to dvd film. And set it during ww2. Have the Germans running a fighting ring in some old dilapidated barn, where captured allied soldiers and german deserters fight for the entertainment of SS officials.

Gladiator 3: Circle Of Death

Or you could set it at a highly competitive cooking school. Bring back Russell Crowe. Have the teacher take away his whisk and ladle. Forced into servitude, learning how to cook without modern conveniences.

Gladiator 3: Aroma Victor

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed