Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 186,919 times)

SM

That robot with his spinny blades was scary as,to a kid. And the evil doctor trapped inside him in that hellscape at the end was freaky. Good soundtrack too.  Crying out for a more scientifically accurate remake.

Local Trouble

I don't think Windebieste dug it.

SM

I'll take your word for it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: AD on Dec 14, 2017, 04:33:51 PM
If Bob Iger is interested in Deadpool and keeping it R rated, I can still see future Alien and Predator films being R, and wouldn't expect news of Predator reshoots and editing to make it PG-13. Of course, their budgets might be changing.

I wouldn't expect them to reshoot The Predator at all. This whole thing about Disney ownership automatically guaranteeing PG-13 rating is just a knee-jerk reaction. Disney owned companies have produced R-rated films for years. It's just a matter of seeing where these franchise fit into the new Disney structure. Is Fox going to continue operating as it's own entity under Disney ownership? Is it all being absorbed into existing arms of Disney? Will the properties even be viewed as worthwhile?

Local Trouble

When will Hicks interview Bob Iger about the future of the Alien franchise?

windebieste

While not a fan of the movie itself I do actually think  a remake of 'The Black Hole' would be welcome.  I've seen the movie twice.  Maybe.  I guess it hasn't dated well, though. 

I just can't stand the cute robot element.  Symptomatic of movies of the time that wanted to cash in on 'Star Wars' success.  Those damned cute robot things were all over the place... from 'Buck Rogers' and 'Battlestar Galactica' to - well - 'The Black Hole'. 

By the way, there was probably a skull under Maximillian's visor.  Would have totally been in character.  :P

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 14, 2017, 07:06:37 PM
I think it's a good thing overall  It really is time for a new studio to look at the franchises with a fresh pair of eyes. We've endured nothing but rubbish from this series for the last 20 years. It's not the end of R-Rated movies - they saw how successful Deadpool and Logan were. Even though Fox eventually got their act together with X-Men, the X-Men franchise rightfully belongs to Marvel. Now, all they need is to get Hulk back from Universal.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing either. We've seen the last load of movies haven't hit the mark completely. Granted, they've seen some commercial success at the least but I think over-all, they've not exactly unified fans in love. I'd like to see a fresh set of hands guiding it.

That doesn't mean it's automatically going to be good, though. But it does seem like Disney did want to do right by fans with Star Wars and Marvel and from what I've paid attention to they seem to have been doing that.

Quote from: SM on Dec 14, 2017, 10:40:51 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 14, 2017, 10:03:12 PM
SM isn't being suitably apoplectic about all this.

Too tired.

It's as tiresome and boring as all the Disney princess jokes are.

Local Trouble

Can the baby queen from Alien 3 be a Disney princess now?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 15, 2017, 08:38:04 AM
When will Hicks interview Bob Iger about the future of the Alien franchise?

For what it's worth I am trying to get some sort of comment but I think it's a bit too early for much clarity.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 15, 2017, 08:43:41 AM
Can the baby queen from Alien 3 be a Disney princess now?

Local Trouble

Be sure to ask him if EA will be getting the license to make the next Aliens video game.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I didn't mean from Iger.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/disney-fox-lot-1202641181/

QuoteOn the film front, employees are being told that films are still being greenlit and that production on such major upcoming releases as "Gambit," an X-Men spinoff, is expected to still commence in the coming months.

Like Rice, Snider has stressed that over the next year and a half until the deal closes, it will be "business as usual" and she told staffers that she expects them "to do what we do at a high level of excellence and with our typical swagger."

Local Trouble

You're still dodging Iger?  Can't you spare just five minutes to talk to the man?

Corporal Hicks

Ask him to drop me his contact details and I'll see where I can fit him in.

Xenomania

I wonder what this means for the videogames (if anything)? Are we any closer to Isolation 2 now? :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed