Any news on Noomi Rapace?

Started by x-M-x, Dec 18, 2015, 06:56:41 PM

Author
Any news on Noomi Rapace? (Read 50,936 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Wouldn't really bother me. She wasn't a particularly interesting or engaging character. 

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 18, 2016, 03:59:25 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 18, 2016, 03:55:54 PMIf she get's killed off screen, we'll never hear the end of it.

Only from people who can't get over the fact she's gone ;)

True.  It's all about critical mass here.  If she was that compelling of a character, whose off-screen death was not story driven but money driven, and most importantly if enough people have an attachment to her, then we'll have the Newt / Hicks scenario all over again.  In truth I don't think enough people are as attached to Shaw as they are to Hicks and Newt.

Firstly, we'll have to see if she is actually taken out off-screen, or if at all.  We have no idea what is going to happen to her.  I think that is part of Ridley's' big pent-up reveal.  We'll have to see.  Regardless, I don't think the backlash would be as bad as the backlash against the Hicks / Newt deaths.  Probably more of a loud collective groan, but the film would still be derided by the critics and fans.

The Aliens films are at their best when man is pitted against the unknown.  What I think excites fans mostly from a continuation to Prometheus is that we are again heading into the ultimate unknown by going to where "they" come from.  We get to experience this vicariously through Shaw.  If she gets toasted, then the film will really have to find a way to rise to a higher level to fulfill the promise of fans' expectations.

As usual, cross your fingers and lower your expectations going in, and the results may be good.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I think they're on the low down with Shaw because she's going to be the villain of this Alien trilogy. A switch from heroic female to absolute evil bitch.

markweatherill

markweatherill

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 20, 2015, 02:50:10 PM
Well, you never know, she might appear only in the last five minutes

On a mountain, in a cloak. One of the new characters hands her a lightsabre.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: markweatherill on Jan 26, 2016, 03:32:43 PM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 20, 2015, 02:50:10 PM
Well, you never know, she might appear only in the last five minutes

On a mountain, in a cloak. One of the new characters hands her a lightsabre.

Camera pan. swell the music. Hit the Credits

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

A reporter recently pressed her for some information regarding Alien: Covenant but she was pretty tight lipped about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1XS2u-Wldk

Stolen

Stolen

Oh thanks! Intriguing

What a beautiful woman!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 26, 2016, 08:11:58 PM
A reporter recently pressed her for some information regarding Alien: Covenant but she was pretty tight lipped about it.

That's a shame. He wasn't getting anything out of her!

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2016, 08:48:10 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 26, 2016, 08:11:58 PM

That's a shame. He wasn't getting anything out of her!
I'm guessing she's been told jack and shit.

Astronoë

Astronoë

Quote from: tmjhur on Jan 26, 2016, 09:04:46 PMI'm guessing she's been told jack and shit.

Disagree, her laugh pretty much revealed she can't reveal anything n she has a part to play, otherwise she wouldn't have laughed like she did.

Loved that laugh, very cute :)

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

I liked Prometheus but I didn't love it the way I wanted to. I hope that Scott and the rest of the crew involved have ironed out the creases from that movie and learn from the mistakes that were made in Prometheus.

One of those mistakes, in my opinion, was Noomi Rapace having the 'lead' female role. I just don't think she is a talented enough actress to stand her ground in such a film. I found her to be irritating and unconvincing in Prometheus. I also think her acting ability leaves a lot to be desired in general.

To be honest, I am hoping her role is very small in Alien Covenant. Originally I had hoped she wouldn't be in the new film at all, although that doesn't look to be the case.

T Dog

T Dog

Wondering will Shaw become this:

Would be cool anyway if these designs made it in whether it's for Shaw or some other character.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd like to see more Giger-esque designs in the sequel. I wouldn't be opposed to her becoming something like that - instead of the Fifield mutant.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Gigerotique?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2016, 12:57:49 PM
I'd like to see more Giger-esque designs in the sequel. I wouldn't be opposed to her becoming something like that - instead of the Fifield mutant.

I agree.  Fifield was a low point of Prometheus. That creature was out of left field and treaded dangerously close to zombie territory.

I kind of expect Alien: Covenant to deal with resurrection issues in a zombie fashion though anyway.  Immortality was the theme in Prometheus, and we got to see Fifield come back from the dead.  Also there was that gadget which was inserted into the Engineer's head that brought him back to life for a moment.  I said it before, and I'll say it again.. I expect Weyland, to make a return in this fashion.  Also, I think perhaps Vickers may be back, as an organic robot.  but I digress.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed