Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 733,150 times)

O_Intelligence

O_Intelligence

We need to think bigger.  I'd love (love) to see an entire mini-documentary devoted to this enduring thread subject (entitled 'Which Came First?' or somesuch), vitally to encompass interviews of all the main film-makers from screenplay writer(s) to producers to, eventually - somehow - director.  Asking James Cameron and Ridley off the cuff would also be nice.  :-D

Engineer

Engineer

Good luck
David fincher seems to go out of his way to avoid talking about the film...

O_Intelligence

O_Intelligence

Joke.  I failed.   :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

kwisatz

kwisatz

Egg on Sulaco -> E-- on Su--c- -> conse--u-

CLOSER:

Eggs on Sulaco -> conse-su-

So obviously:

Spoiler
Seven eggs on Sulaco -> CONSENSUS
[close]

CONFIRMATION:

Spoiler
[close]

Good night!

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 24, 2023, 02:04:55 AMEgg on Sulaco -> E-- on Su--c- -> conse--u-

CLOSER:

Eggs on Sulaco -> conse-su-

So obviously:

Spoiler
Seven eggs on Sulaco -> CONSENSUS
[close]

CONFIRMATION:

Spoiler
[close]

Good night!

Haha, you jest, but I'm now firmly in the "multiple eggs on the Sulaco" camp 😂

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

ChatGPT has written it all out:

QuoteINT. SULACO HANGAR BAY - NIGHT

Ripley, inside the Power Loader exoskeleton, battles the furious Queen Alien. The Queen, having torn herself free from her egg sac, has a gaping wound in her abdomen, with her innards partially exposed.

As the intense fight continues, a microscopic, undeveloped egg is unknowingly dislodged from the Queen's abdominal cavity. It drops onto the grated floor, virtually invisible to the naked eye, appearing as nothing more than a tiny, harmless blob of slime.

INT. SULACO SUBFLOORING - CONTINUOUS

The minuscule, slimy egg slips through the grates and sticks to the subflooring beneath the hangar bay. There, hidden from sight, it slowly starts to congeal and take root. The resilient Xenomorph life form begins its development process, growing and expanding as it clings to the floor.

INT. SULACO HANGAR BAY - NIGHT

Ripley, still engaged in her life-or-death struggle with the Queen, manages to open the airlock. The vacuum of space sucks the Queen Alien out of the Sulaco, leaving Ripley victorious but completely unaware of the danger that remains hidden on the ship.

INT. SULACO SUBFLOORING - ONE WEEK LATER

The once-microscopic egg has grown to full size, pulsating with life. Unseen by the crew and still attached to the subflooring, the egg awaits its opportunity to unleash the next Xenomorph nightmare.

As the Sulaco continues its journey, the egg senses the presence of potential hosts nearby. It slowly opens, revealing the Facehugger within, poised to strike.

FADE OUT.

SiL

SiL

Reassuring to see ChatGPT can't write a script yet.

O_Intelligence

O_Intelligence

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 03, 2023, 04:34:19 AMChatGPT has written it all out:

QuoteINT. SULACO HANGAR BAY - NIGHT

Ripley, inside the Power Loader exoskeleton, battles the furious Queen Alien. The Queen, having torn herself free from her egg sac, has a gaping wound in her abdomen, with her innards partially exposed.

As the intense fight continues, a microscopic, undeveloped egg is unknowingly dislodged from the Queen's abdominal cavity. It drops onto the grated floor, virtually invisible to the naked eye, appearing as nothing more than a tiny, harmless blob of slime.

INT. SULACO SUBFLOORING - CONTINUOUS

The minuscule, slimy egg slips through the grates and sticks to the subflooring beneath the hangar bay. There, hidden from sight, it slowly starts to congeal and take root. The resilient Xenomorph life form begins its development process, growing and expanding as it clings to the floor.

INT. SULACO HANGAR BAY - NIGHT

Ripley, still engaged in her life-or-death struggle with the Queen, manages to open the airlock. The vacuum of space sucks the Queen Alien out of the Sulaco, leaving Ripley victorious but completely unaware of the danger that remains hidden on the ship.

INT. SULACO SUBFLOORING - ONE WEEK LATER

The once-microscopic egg has grown to full size, pulsating with life. Unseen by the crew and still attached to the subflooring, the egg awaits its opportunity to unleash the next Xenomorph nightmare.

As the Sulaco continues its journey, the egg senses the presence of potential hosts nearby. It slowly opens, revealing the Facehugger within, poised to strike.

FADE OUT.

Back-handed compliment: It's a desperate attempt at dovetailing, however may be the best and simplest explanation thus far with what we have to work with (in an essence, I think an unsolvable puzzle), 'less the Queen laid an egg more manually when we/Hicks/Newt wasn't looking (and hopefully didn't wink at the camera).

A little obscure (or rather, completely random), however for some reason I automatically heard the epic 'Prologue' music from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night playing during this, where the game starts with the epic protagonist<>antagonist confrontation from the previous game.   ;D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2023, 05:01:26 AMReassuring to see ChatGPT can't write a script yet.

I'd ask it to script a scenario in which Bishop did it, but I'm afraid it may become self-aware and decide to exterminate humanity if I did.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

:o maybe you should...

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 18, 2023, 05:08:15 AMGood luck

Watched (and re-watched lol) a recent interview with a French film journalist where he talks about it, said it was great to work with Rawlings, etc, said you shouldn't trust first time directors, learned a lot. Overall he seemed to paint it as one giant lesson. Was a tad less bitter than interviews in the past. 😂

SiL

SiL

He's softened on talking about it over the years.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Honestly I could listen to Fincher talk about anything for hours he's such an engaging mind (Alien 3 talk approx. at the 10:40 mark) —

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Necronomicon II on May 13, 2023, 02:33:04 AM
Quote from: Engineer on Apr 18, 2023, 05:08:15 AMGood luck

Watched (and re-watched lol) a recent interview with a French film journalist where he talks about it, said it was great to work with Rawlings, etc, said you shouldn't trust first time directors, learned a lot. Overall he seemed to paint it as one giant lesson. Was a tad less bitter than interviews in the past. 😂

Honestly glad to hear this!
Fincher is one of my favorite directors. I don't think he's ever made a film I disliked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed