TheLoneSpoon

Quote from: Cal427eb on May 04, 2014, 04:38:38 AM
Quote from: TheLoneSpoon on May 04, 2014, 04:37:22 AM
Quote from: RagingDragon on May 03, 2014, 07:11:43 PM
Quote from: TheLoneSpoon on May 03, 2014, 03:22:01 PM
I've been taken in by the WoW.

I am now officially beyond help.

Spoon, no... pls. There are so many better ways to murder your time. :laugh:

Let me help you get Skyrim running with 100+ mods.

too much lag in dah Skyrims
I have the perfect mod for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niZKDa9LhRM#ws

omfg

WinterActual

WinterActual

PSN ID:
    Sqris
Steam ID:
    thelonespoon
X-Box Gamer Tag:
    therealchristh

He will be better playing the 360 or PS3 versions rather than this shit  :laugh:

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I like playing with it. It makes me feel like I'm playing Runescape.  :laugh:

RagingDragon

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Thanks to May 4th, I bought the Steam Stars Wars Package. I think it was 20 games for $40 USD. Gonna start Dark Forces today ;D

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

When it comes to games like Skyrim it seems to me the people who fix the game or have to add/invent mods means it's acceptable to release an essentially at vanilla dull game, or even broken in some cases.

In short rather than the PC Master-race they become the PC Servant-class.
It seems kind of ridiculous to me.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I play vanilla Skyrim.......... but wut?

Anyway, have had some GTA Online sessions with Vakarian some past days. Good fun and lots of fun moments. Like when I was piloting a helicopter and Vakarian was a passenger shooting at 2 players trying to get away in a semi truck. We had been fighting a lot prior so the helicopter was damaged, so after exchanging fire in that particular chase my chopper began to crash land. Vakarian parachuted out but I was like "I can hold it! I can hold i- [explosions]ARGGGH---"[/explosions].

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 05, 2014, 11:43:58 AM
When it comes to games like Skyrim it seems to me the people who fix the game or have to add/invent mods means it's acceptable to release an essentially at vanilla dull game, or even broken in some cases.

:laugh:

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Grand Theft Auto V

Star Wars: Republic Commando {dat menu theme}

Star Wars: Dark Forces

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cal427eb on May 05, 2014, 12:36:22 PM

:laugh:

I think it sets a dangerous precedent, but if you don't think anything of it, that's fine I guess.
I just don't see video-games ever being considered "high-art" if we continue to go down that route.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

So I just finished Gone Home...

Spoiler
This was a fantastic game. So toughing and heartwarming. Sam and Lonnie's relationship was one that was great to hear about through to the end. All in all just a great, short experience.

Oh, and the whole time, I thought it was a horror game. I kept hearing creaks and moans in the house and I was almost sure something was going to jump out at me.
[close]

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Um, have you played Skyrim? The game is by no means dull, but every game has it's limits.

The mods can make a great game incredible by doing things that no company would have the time, money, or manpower to achieve. It's all built on the excellent Skyrim framework and couldn't exist without it. Because there are mods doesn't mean the game wasn't successful. In Skyrim's case, it actually means the game was wildly successful.

It's true that some games are broken on release and the mod community largely fixes them, but this is just a circumstance and definitely the exception, not the rule. These games are outed and vilified for what they are: broken.

I think you look at it with a backwards perspective. When you play a great game, it will inevitably lead you to imagine the possibilities beyond it. That's part of what great games do: allow us to dream of even better ones.

Mods are an expression of people's talent and passion, along with the freedom of the internet.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I have played both Skyrim and Oblivion, I find both dull but yes you are correct.
I'm mainly thinking about barebones games that PC users tend to fix when I think that shouldn't be the case.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Like what?

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Alpha Protocol comes to mind, Fallout: New Vegas and SW:KOTORII:TSL.
Obsidian can't seem to get their shit together on a triple A-title.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed