Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 962,399 times)

Keg

Keg

After giving Killzone another chance and then having a blast with the three games, ive decided to give another PS3 exclusive FPS another chance. Resistance. I couldnt get into the first game when I played it about 3 years ago so I skipped on the sequel too. Again, just like the Killzone sequels ive heard its fantastic so ive just picked up both games for £10. Playing through Resistance and im enjoying it alot more this time. I think when I first got my PS3 I was too eager to try different games and if I got bored there was always another game I wanted to try. After liking Killzone so much despite initially hating it a few years back i just thought, why not, Resistance and its sequel got great reviews too so I was probably wrong about those too.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: severen76 on Mar 25, 2011, 04:57:22 PM
Sounds good to me, man. You could always accept my friend request too. ;)

Add me as well dude. Didn't think people were still playing MoH these days.

severen76

severen76

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 25, 2011, 11:09:37 PM

Sure, what's your PSN?

Nope

Nope

Smod: Tactical. Good action movie fun.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: severen76 on Mar 26, 2011, 12:55:33 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 25, 2011, 11:09:37 PM

Sure, what's your PSN?

Same name.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Pokemon Black

Nelizar The Hybrid

Nelizar The Hybrid

Dawn of war 2: Retribution

Keg

Keg

Just finished Resistance. Again im baffled as to why I disliked this so much when I first played it 3 years ago. Just like the Killzone games I didnt give them the time of day and now Im glad I have. Quite a lengthy campaign I thought, and bloody hard at times. Gonna start Resistance 2  ;D

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I didn't enjoy Resistance 2 as much as I did the first.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Deathbearer on Mar 26, 2011, 02:26:55 PM
I didn't enjoy Resistance 2 as much as I did the first.

Immediately I see why after an hours playtime. It looks, and plays differently, significantly so. Looks to me like its going to be the bigger is better kinda sequel, full of epic set pieces like the opening, but it lacks the atmosphere and visual aesthetic that made the first game so enjoyable.

What I loved about the first game was how the developers decided to set the game in England, and then have you travel through some anti-hollywood locations if you like. By that I mean alien invasions (if that is indeed what the Chimera are) usually show us the destruction in New York, Los Angeles, London, Paris, Tokyo, and focus on world famous landmarks that everybody knows. Here we had a game which took us to Grimsby and had us driving around Cheddar Gorge (Ive been there myself and it raised a smile when I saw it was in the game) rather than the Grand Canyon. Its what made the game feel more real to me, that we visited so many mundane, english villages and towns and not massive, sprawling famous cities. I loved how certain areas actually felt like, the areas in England they where supposed to be representing. York for example still to this day, has alot of the huge walls that surrouned the city still in place, and in the game, these massive stone structures, are a part of the levels. Cheddar Gorge is a tad larger than it is in reality though if memory serves haha.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Keg on Mar 26, 2011, 01:51:53 PM
Just finished Resistance. Again im baffled as to why I disliked this so much when I first played it 3 years ago. Just like the Killzone games I didnt give them the time of day and now Im glad I have. Quite a lengthy campaign I thought, and bloody hard at times. Gonna start Resistance 2  ;D

Resistance 2 will drive you nuts. It has a classic FPS problem: the player is the only person the AI notices and it's f**king annoying. Still a fun game though when it wants to be.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Fellow Resistance fans!

Keg, you hit the nail on the head & I couldn't agree more!
Fall of Man was just so superior: much more creative weapons, far greater variety of enemies, longer and more fleshed out campaign, etc.
As well it had the "Old School" feel of meaty enemies and inventive guns whereas R2 simply felt like a re-skinned CoD ripoff.

Are we looking forward to R3 here?
Whilst I'm not sure it'll quite match Fall of Man, it's looking excellent so far!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I preferred R2 to FoM, and yes I'm looking forward to R3.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 26, 2011, 11:16:49 PM
I preferred R2 to FoM, and yes I'm looking forward to R3.

*Awkward moment*

Well, I suppose it wasn't too bad.
The Splicer I liked a lot and Chameleons, Grim swarms & Ravagers were fun to fight.
What made you prefer R2 out of interest?  :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Nicer graphics, I liked Hale's struggle with his Chimeran infection, the tension between him and the other soldier (forgot his name), new locales, new weapons, and it just felt more fun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed