New TV Spot HUGE SPOILERS

Started by Qwertify, May 20, 2012, 06:44:42 AM

Author
New TV Spot HUGE SPOILERS (Read 158,526 times)

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: Cvalda on May 23, 2012, 08:44:16 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 23, 2012, 08:41:43 PM
Thought they did a pretty good job with practical FX on Tremors, The Thing and Little Shop of Horrors (and HellBoy for that matter).
Definitely! Especially Audrey II.

Imagine a CGI Audrey II. Imagine it.
>_>

What is this..I don't even.

My brain literally cannot process that idea. Frank Oz's masterpiece would not even...ugh. Just. Ugh.

*barf*

Sorry I literally had a terrible reaction there LOL, I mean that movie is one of my most FAVORITE movies of all time(and I love the Play as well).

the very Notion of a CGI anything in that movie...

Cvalda

Cvalda

Oh, it will happen people. When every other beloved 80's cult classic has been remade, they will come for Little Shop.

And CGI Audrey II will be voiced by Rhianna, and Shia Labeouf will play Seymour.

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

rahanni to keep her f**king ƒingers from movies
her videos are bad enough

Cvalda

Cvalda

Anyway, we need to get back on topic before the mods bring their wrath down upon us.

So, who thinks grown-up squidbaby is partly inspired by Joss Whedon's original description of the Newborn?

Anyone? Anyone?

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

original description?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Was described as a big, white-ish bug thing that sucked out people's innards.

And it, uh, later grew wings and stuff.

As bad as people think the Newborn we ended up with is, it could have been a lot worse.

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: Cvalda on May 23, 2012, 08:51:45 PM
Oh, it will happen people. When every other beloved 80's cult classic has been remade, they will come for Little Shop.

And CGI Audrey II will be voiced by Rhianna, and Shia Labeouf will play Seymour.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I will nuke Hollywood from Orbit if that happens.

Since we are sorta talking about Prequels, I wish they'd released the completely finished Director's Cut of The Thing Prequel that has all of the practical effects and character development.

They literally had to re-shoot the entire film because the studio thought it was "Too disturbing" and too close to being a true prequel to Carpenter's Film. That said, I would like to say that I did like what we got but damnit that Director's Cut of the film that is waaay longer than what we got. They said they might release it to DVD/Blu-Ray but fat chance of it actually happening. Ugh, movie studios.

Quote from: Cvalda on May 23, 2012, 08:58:33 PM

As bad as people think the Newborn we ended up with is, it could have been a lot worse.

Oh my god, that's terrible.

So it basically was this?

But with wings?

I remember that apparently the Newborn was also going to have a penis and a vagina but the studio made them change it.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 23, 2012, 08:59:02 PM
I remember that apparently the Newborn was also going to have a penis and a vagina but the studio made them change it.
Yep. They digitally airbrushed the genitals out in post. If you Google the newborn in image search you can see the original animatronic in its full, uh, glory.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I read Whedon's draft. I don't remember it ever having wings. Was that when they had crashed down to Earth and fought it with the combine thing? I really don't remember that.

I do remember that it was described as being bone white, with veins running the side of it's head. It had a special kind of a head-bite mechanism. Instead of biting someone and them dying instantly, it would drain their bodies of blood, and it would tint red, much like certain bugs/insects become darker or a reddish color when they feed.

It was way more badass than the emo-bitch thing we got in the movie, imho.

As far as Mr. Tentacles? I hope there truly is some kind of a humanoid form attached to those tentacles. Something more gigerian. My gut says no though, it'll be just a giant version of that squid we saw in the operating scene. It's literally just a squid monster. Lol.

Quote from: DendaReloaded on May 23, 2012, 08:40:27 PM
and again the discussion goes on over the f**kin rape scene....

I was asking the dude to clarify what he found particularly beautiful in that relationship, given it's origins. That's all.

Cvalda

Cvalda

I remember wings, dammit! When they fight it on Earth. From the very first draft, I think.

Unless I'm having early onset Alzheimers.

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: Cvalda on May 23, 2012, 09:08:53 PM
I remember wings, dammit! When they fight it on Earth. From the very first draft, I think.

Unless I'm having early onset Alzheimers.

We're gonna have to put you in a Home Cvalda, I'm sorry dear.

Qwertify

Qwertify

http://www.btlnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/LR-starship_troopers_brain_bug.jpg

But with wings?

Kind of reminds me of

which is just a less detailed rip off of the brain bug - but hey - it can fly and is telepathic.

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: Qwertify on May 23, 2012, 09:49:43 PM

http://www.btlnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/LR-starship_troopers_brain_bug.jpg

But with wings?

Kind of reminds me of

which is just a less detailed rip off of the brain bug - but hey - it can fly and is telepathic.

Combine Advisors, I will never forgive them for that one.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Newborn was described to be more like this

THE QUEENS BELLY POPS OPEN.  Blood shoots everywhere, burning into the walls.

And all the screaming stops.  The movement stops.  Even Ripley stops.  Silence.

Something emerges from the wound.

An alien, to be sure, but nothing we've seen so far, its forelegs arch out of its back

like spiders legs, its back legs set on enormous haunches, thick and powerful.

Its head is long, eyeless, like the others, but along its white expanse red veins,

coming out of the skin and running like thick black hairs to the back.

It has retracted pincers at the side of head that come out when its tongue does.

Its much bigger the the others, nearly the size of the queen herself.

And it's bone white.

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 23, 2012, 09:55:09 PM
Newborn was described to be more like this

Looks better but still....ugh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed