Sigourney Weaver Says ‘Ship Has Sailed’ on Fifth ‘Alien’ Movie

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Apr 26, 2023, 10:45:59 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Says ‘Ship Has Sailed’ on Fifth ‘Alien’ Movie (Read 20,559 times)

SiL

Tarkin, Leia and Luke aren't AI.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2023, 03:23:06 AMTarkin, Leia and Luke aren't AI.

I've heard Luke's voice was synthesized using an AI system. I think that's what they're talking about... but I haven't looked into it myself to see if it's true...

Edit: I should specify, Luke's voice in The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett.

Local Trouble

Kradan

One may not like it but recreating actors' likenesses with CGI and their voices with AI is clearly where things are heading towards

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on May 04, 2023, 05:10:07 AMOne may not like it but recreating actors' likenesses with CGI and their voices with AI is clearly where things are heading towards

Maybe one day we'll get a proper sequel to Aliens with AI-voiced deepfakes of young Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn and Carrie Henn.

Kradan

Kradan

In 10-15 years "We're using actual actors!" will become new "We're using practical effects!"

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 04, 2023, 05:13:16 AMMaybe one day we'll get a proper sequel to Aliens with AI-voiced deepfakes of young Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn and Carrie Henn.

Bishop or bust

BlueMarsalis79

"Art without the artist and other horrors from the machine."

T Dog

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 04, 2023, 05:13:16 AM
Quote from: Kradan on May 04, 2023, 05:10:07 AMOne may not like it but recreating actors' likenesses with CGI and their voices with AI is clearly where things are heading towards

Maybe one day we'll get a proper sequel to Aliens with AI-voiced deepfakes of young Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn and Carrie Henn.
There was a proper sequel to Aliens, everyone died, Ripley sacrificed herself to take out the Queen. The story ended.

Max

Agree. And it's a great sequel

Local Trouble

But it upset people! >:(

BlueMarsalis79

So did the film before it...

Perfect-Organism

This is really regrettable.  But never say never.

fafa

fafa

Neill  and Walter Hill can with Ripley in anime ( high level video game Alien dark descent trailer )  , Ripley present in audiobook also 😉

a animated movie level similar to here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT82BZJSY7w&t=2s

there is still hope without her playing in physically ,

Neill and Walter can still do their alien with Ripley (not to mention that she is present in the Alien audiobook stories) with a high level animation like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT82BZJSY7w&t=2s

skhellter

skhellter

there are now 3 (count them). 3 whole people clamoring for a CGI alien 5 movie. (present poster included).

This army shall rise.

One day there might be a half dozen, even.

On a serious note: What interests me about this project isn't really the fanbait of "oh everyone's Back!"
We've already had that.
There are several adaptations of Gibson's script where the characters are all alive.

The real interest is that visual of Ripley with the suicide bomber vest. That's some First Reformed type shit.
Extremist Ripley who is old and so angry at the Company that she's willing to go that far to take them on? That's a compelling take to me.
All the mutant stuff is fun in a pulpy way too, but this is the main draw to me.

Darwinsgirl

I like your idea of taking on the company. She has lost so many to their quest for it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed