First Look at the Predators! (Updated)

Started by Johnny Handsome, May 14, 2017, 07:16:26 AM

Author
First Look at the Predators! (Updated) (Read 107,366 times)

Lieutenant Mike Harrigan

Last Action Hero was strange and this will be even stranger.
I have no doubt that the predator will top avp and avp-r and possibly Predators. Hard to judge without a trailer.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Can you guys please, pretty please, cut the shit with bashing a movie?

There's one shot of 2 Predators. A shot taken with a mobile phone. It's not an official production-shot. Meaning it hasn't been touched up, effects could be made .... lets just wait until we have some footage, shall wel?

Jesus.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: SyntaX on May 15, 2017, 07:15:52 AM

There's one shot of 2 Predators. A shot taken with a mobile phone. It's not an official production-shot. Meaning it hasn't been touched up, effects could be made .... lets just wait until we have some footage, shall wel?

Jesus.

Agreed

Doomofman

Doomofman

Jesus.

You're mistaken if you think the outcry is just to do with this image, this image just confirms some things that people have known and disliked long before now.

It's nothing to do with it not being touched up, it's with the direction the movie is taking overall.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Doomofman on May 15, 2017, 08:24:57 AM

Jesus.

You're mistaken if you think the outcry is just to do with this image, this image just confirms some things that people have known and disliked long before now.

It's nothing to do with it not being touched up, it's with the direction the movie is taking overall.

The leaked script being one of them, eh? Right. Because a "dancing" Predator wearing camo-pants is something that'll pop up in the movie.
I'll judge the movie once we get a trailer.

You think you know how the movie is going to turn out. Are you forgetting that Shane Black is directing this movie? A guy that starred in the original and knows exactly what he's dealing with? You judge a movie by one single image. A-single-image. Let that sink in.

I'd rather see a decent human-Predator team-up than having one of them hunt down a "crew" again only to fail in the end.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: SyntaX on May 15, 2017, 09:11:39 AM
Quote from: Doomofman on May 15, 2017, 08:24:57 AM

Jesus.

The leaked script being one of them, eh? Right. Because a "dancing" Predator wearing camo-pants is something that'll pop up in the movie.
I'll judge the movie once we get a trailer.

You think you know how the movie is going to turn out. Are you forgetting that Shane Black is directing this movie? A guy that starred in the original and knows exactly what he's dealing with? You judge a movie by one single image. A-single-image. Let that sink in.

I'd rather see a decent human-Predator team-up than having one of them hunt down a "crew" again only to fail in the end.

Again most people aren't judging this by one picture, but a combination of leaked script and all the set picsthat have been released so far which confirm that the leaked script it legitimate. A dancing predator wont show up, no, but preds teaming up with humans absolutely will and a lot of people don't want to see that.

Isubomo

Isubomo

I find it hard to believe that not a lot of people would want to see Preds teaming up with humans as one of the first literature/media/graphic novel about why this forum exists in the first place is exactly about that.

Machiko Noguchi - Broken Tusk team up. The story that made me truly fall in love with the Predator Universe.

Johnny Handsome

There are always going to be people liking an disliking certain ideas. For me, a Predator movie doesn't have to be exclusively about a hunt anymore, a Predator doesn't have to be the boogey-man nemesis anymore, we had that 5 times now, and no, if you wait another decade making a sequel, that doesn't make old stuff new again. That's why so many reboots fail in the first place.

The Predator is not a mindless killing machine, it never was, even if some wish it that way. The Predator is smart and will use whatever's there to succeed his mission, and if he's f**ked and there is still a problem to be solved, yeah why not use some help if there is an common enemy? I always see it as a deal really, not a friendship.

What they seem to be doing here is risky, sure, but i already like them for having balls and for being imaginative. Maybe i'll hate it too, i don't know, but i'm not going to bash a movie i haven't seen (or that hasn't completet production yet).

As for designs, not much to say at the moment, they look like Predator althought the look of that guy in military pants is pretty... well, i'll have to get used to that.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I wouldn't be convinced that Pred is wearing camo pants onscreen based on that pic, which seems a tad staged for maximum goof.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 15, 2017, 10:28:43 AM
I wouldn't be convinced that Pred is wearing camo pants onscreen based on that pic, which seems a tad staged for maximum goof.
And i wouldn't go as far to say they changed clothes just for a pic that is not supposed to be online, because FOX is obviously interesed in giving people a first look at the titular creatures in the worst possible pose between takes.

Nope, military pants in the movie pal.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 15, 2017, 09:55:30 AM
i'm not going to bash a movie i haven't seen (or that hasn't completet production yet).

That's why they continue to make crap movies.Most people arn't able to anticipate crap before they pay for it.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 15, 2017, 10:59:02 AM
i'm not going to bash a movie i haven't seen (or that hasn't completet production yet).

That's why they continue to make crap movies.Most people arn't able to anticipate crap before they pay for it.

You must feel good about your ability to recognize crap before anyone else huh?

I'll reserve judgement until I see more of this movie.

Doomofman

Doomofman

There are always going to be people liking an disliking certain ideas. For me, a Predator movie doesn't have to be exclusively about a hunt anymore, a Predator doesn't have to be the boogey-man nemesis anymore, we had that 5 times now, and no, if you wait another decade making a sequel, that doesn't make old stuff new again. That's why so many reboots fail in the first place.

The Predator is not a mindless killing machine, it never was, even if some wish it that way. The Predator is smart and will use whatever's there to succeed his mission, and if he's f**ked and there is still a problem to be solved, yeah why not use some help if there is an common enemy? I always see it as a deal really, not a friendship.

What they seem to be doing here is risky, sure, but i already like them for having balls and for being imaginative. Maybe i'll hate it too, i don't know, but i'm not going to bash a movie i haven't seen (or that hasn't completet production yet).

As for designs, not much to say at the moment, they look like Predator althought the look of that guy in military pants is pretty... well, i'll have to get used to that.

This post pretty much sums up how I feel about this movie so far. There are one or two things from the leaked info I'm not too thrilled about but overall, I'm glad it's not another hunt movie. We have those already.

Master

Master

Seriously, what did you expect? Every picture confirms the script is exactly what we`ll get and that picutre is just a tip of the iceberg called ridiculous.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 15, 2017, 10:59:02 AM

Or better yet, i check the facts before i speak.
Your so called "ability" doesn't make you better or more smart then the average movie-joe, it just makes you superficial and untrustworthy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed