Dunno why Hollywood won’t refer to fan art

Started by frasermaxx, Jul 24, 2018, 07:19:01 PM

Author
Dunno why Hollywood won’t refer to fan art (Read 1,222 times)

frasermaxx

Now the predator designs in the new movie are good but not spectacular. Just look at some fan art on the internet and their designs are way ahead from what we've got in the film. I guess Hollywood just works on tight schedule and rushes through the designing process.

OpenMaw

Well, there's plenty of amazing fan art. Just looking at some of the unique customs done with NECA and Hot Toys are proof of that.

JUDAS BREED

Some really cool figures done by this guy. I love "The Forgotten."

Figurerealm also has some really cool looking custom/unique Predator builds.

However, the fan art department has also generated some awful shit. Art, is art. There's good art, and bad art, in all circles. Often with a production like this, there's a lot of concept art created by a number of different artists. Just look at the concept art section for the original AVP film and you can see some pretty extreme redesigns for the Alien and Predator.

skull-splitter

Also, they probably want to avoid claims

The Old One

The Old One

Carlos Huante is a good example of someone that did fanart spectacular enough that he did work in an official capacity on the Alien prequels.
Whether or not there's a connection between his obvious passion for the subject material and  his profession is unknown to me however.

Nathsp

I dont understand how fans can put out better work than the ones that ended in the movie, I mean, many fan designs are 1000 times better than the one in the movie, also with the plot, there are comics with plots better and more inteteresting than that hybrid non sense and the power ranger fugitive..

skull-splitter

Quote from: Nathsp on Jul 25, 2018, 07:30:21 PM
I dont understand how fans can put out better work than the ones that ended in the movie, I mean, many fan designs are 1000 times better than the one in the movie, also with the plot, there are comics with plots better and more inteteresting than that hybrid non sense and the power ranger fugitive..
Keyword being subjective.

Nathsp

Keyword many comics had solid plots that dont need reshoots...
And the design, theres fan work better than this fugitive, the design is not that bad, but its generic, the same as any other modern days, it doesnt have the tribal soul of the pred

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Nathsp on Jul 25, 2018, 11:24:23 PM
Keyword many comics had solid plots that dont need reshoots...
And the design, theres fan work better than this fugitive, the design is not that bad, but its generic, the same as any other modern days, it doesnt have the tribal soul of the pred

It's a different take, different taste etc... And there's fan work worst than this fugitive also.

Nathsp

Thats true, but they can do some research, im sure most of us preffer a more tribal predator, more unique not the standar modern armour, i supose they  used  marvel like designs because its more popular today.

BigDaddyJohn

Personally i prefer the tribal look too, but i guess if this particular pred is on a special mission in this movie that differs from what we saw before, i could see how he wouldn't wear tribal ornaments

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed