Single Player Questions/Help Thread

Started by WeaN, Feb 14, 2010, 03:37:48 PM

Author
Single Player Questions/Help Thread (Read 60,687 times)

visagepoissons

Quote from: Dowly on Feb 18, 2010, 06:47:09 AM
So, I'm stuck in the part where you're at the ruins and have to find a way to one of the locked rooms with two civilians inside. How the heck I get there?? Been trying for an hour to find a way, but just cant find it.  :-[

Thanks in advance!  :)
The one with the pressure plates? Just activate all the pressure plates and a cinematic will show you where to go.

Dowly

Ah, righto. Thanks!

Corporal Hicks

Spoiler
You have to go to the top of the ruins and go down the shaft. It will drop you on a pressure pad. There are two more at either end of the ruins.
[close]

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Since their was no official help thread, so I had no choice to post here. In the second level in the Xeno story mode, I need help trying to get out of the room that you start out in? It looks like you have to travel inside the fan, but it's seems you have to find a way to get through it? Can someone help me?

Huol

Huol

Go in a vent on the wall.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Try going inside of their, and seems like their is a dead end since their is bars that is blocking the way.

Huol

Huol

Oh that...
I got stuck there for a while, I don't even know how I got through it, I just found a vent on the side wall of a vent at some point.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Ok I will try to look at level again, and see what I can find.

WeaN

WeaN

To get past (actually, to get away from) the huge fan, just sprint. It's dumb I know, but most people don't even think about it at first.
If you move normally you'll end up just like your fellow alien just a few secs before  ;D

Hawkins

Hawkins

I just played alien sp today when I finished marine and pred sp and If your talking about the fan that sucks you up if you crawl in the shaft use the focus mode to jump into the little crawl spaces.Taking a break for a bit cause playing as alien for an hour and a half made me nauseous so i'll back track to see exactly which one you are talking about in 30-60 min.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 19, 2010, 02:25:07 AM
To get past (actually, to get away from) the huge fan, just sprint. It's dumb I know, but most people don't even think about it at first.
If you move normally you'll end up just like your fellow alien just a few secs before  ;D

I pounced my way down it lol

m_mcgranahan

Hi,

I am stuck trying to beat the first Alien hybrid (Just after the pyramid and you cryo sleep the infested soldier)

Thanks

Mark

Jackal Turner

Hybrid? O_o The only hybrid I can think of is the Predalien, and that isn't faught as a marine.

Unless you are talking about the Praetorian...in which case thats not a hybrid. The Praetorians are the queen's guards. They are just bigger, tougher aliens. Just shoot at it and run when it gets to close. Its not any harder to take down than a normal alien, it just takes more bullets.

vess

On hard that guy is very tough
Spoiler
especially since he charges you once you kill off 2/3 of the other aliens. What I ended up doing was using my grenade launcher to knock it to its feet and then using the sniper rifle to put a full clip into it while it was down while i ran away from it. then rinse and repeat. Run around boxes while you reload and counter its melee attacks if its too close but keep as much distance as you can. Don't let it chase you up to the hall way you fist see it from, one you dispatch 2/3 of the aliens get out of that hallway before you are trapped.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

That's the best bet. Nade's to knock them down are very useful. Keep your distance. They're powerful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed