Single Player Questions/Help Thread

Started by WeaN, Feb 14, 2010, 03:37:48 PM

Author
Single Player Questions/Help Thread (Read 60,679 times)

MrBrokenTusks.

Oh:( really sorry my only knowledge of aliens are from the movies and they aren't in any of the movies i don't think.

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 14, 2010, 07:44:24 PM
Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 07:43:04 PMThen you don't say anything but the act like you have answered there question it gets a bit annoying.

That's exactly what happens during a certain scene. Sorry I'm afraid you aint gonna like :p

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 07:43:04 PMBut do you get to see him that would be enough for me. :)
Yeah you do.
oh thank god i hope he looks hard and shame i hope it isn't a obvious like in some games or if it is subtle when they don't speak. tbh i think it depends what the npc asks the human player.

Agent-Kiwi

Agent-Kiwi

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Feb 14, 2010, 07:45:05 PM
you are wrong, its a Guardian of the queen.
Funny, because...
Spoiler
...when you kill the Queen they are somewhere else.
[close]

The Mighty Hunter

Quote from: Agent-Kiwi on Feb 14, 2010, 07:50:51 PM
Funny, because...
Spoiler
[close]
Doesnt change the fact that they are the Guardians of the Queen.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Agent-Kiwi on Feb 14, 2010, 07:50:51 PM
Funny, because...
Spoiler
[close]

Is that part of the story that there not there protecting her or is it just not important with anything to do with story?

Agent-Kiwi

Agent-Kiwi

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 07:55:12 PM

Is that part of the story that there not there protecting her or is it just not important with anything to do with story?
Spoiler
It's not a part of the storyline. They're just not there. You will face them later in the game.
[close]

Edit: I'll play the Predators next, so I can answer some Qs. But you gotta give me a while, I gonna go to a friends house the next couple of minutes and I'll stay there for a while...
But I think WeaN can answer some Qs as well.

Ironseven

Ironseven

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 14, 2010, 06:51:39 PM
Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:49:48 PM

Quote from: XLRDALLAS on Feb 14, 2010, 05:52:31 PM
In your  judgement  was it a let down

What you fight instead is much less fun to face, and feels clunky because of the Marine gameplay which is obviously more aimed at fighting Xenos.

What is it you fight instead ?

firefly101

firefly101

Ok I have a question.

In the marine video it showed the Aliens moving really slow, is this because of difficulty or are they slow compared to the original AVP game?

And to anyone that has the PC VERSION thats played it. How about Auto Aim ican that be toggled off and what do the control settings look like for the PC version?

Sounds like this game is really a MP game with SP for consoles which is about 12-14 hour gameplay. Shame when you think how long HL2 was for the same amount of money. They have learned they can get the same amount for less. :-( Never let companies know that secret!

PsychoticMarik

Spoiler
Regarding the Queen. Does she ever actually move and walk around on screen that you've seen so far? Or is she just stationary the whole time? I am disappointed to see shes the first boss, but if shes at least fully animated in a part of the game I'll be happy.
[close]

3volved

3volved

Quote from: firefly101 on Feb 14, 2010, 08:21:20 PM
Ok I have a question.

In the marine video it showed the Aliens moving really slow, is this because of difficulty or are they slow compared to the original AVP game?

And to anyone that has the PC VERSION thats played it. How about Auto Aim ican that be toggled off and what do the control settings look like for the PC version?

Sounds like this game is really a MP game with SP for consoles which is about 12-14 hour gameplay. Shame when you think how long HL2 was for the same amount of money. They have learned they can get the same amount for less. :-( Never let companies know that secret!

The auto aim cannot be turned off, this has been answered by eric from rebellion in another thread

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 14, 2010, 08:32:49 PM
Spoiler
Regarding the Queen. Does she ever actually move and walk around on screen that you've seen so far? Or is she just stationary the whole time? I am disappointed to see shes the first boss, but if shes at least fully animated in a part of the game I'll be happy.
[close]
Spoiler
i think she does because apparently you don't shoot it much it more qte events i think wean said something like that on one of the earlier pages under a spoiler tag i think so it might be worth reading all the pages because wean knows more than me obviously lol  EDIT found it copy and pated from weanThe first boss COULD be a let down in the sense that you don't actually get to attack it directly. More like scripted events you have to complete in order to win the fight.
[close]

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: Ironseven on Feb 14, 2010, 08:12:57 PMWhat is it you fight instead ?

Spoiler
Synthetics.
They are a real pain to face cause they can take A LOT of damage, and you have to take out BOTH their feet to kill them. Blowing their head off ? Does nothing, they keep on moving and firing. They use ranged weapons (pulse rifles, shotguns) and have good aim... since you can't crouch, you're pretty much an easy target when you aren't behind cover.
I hated facing these guys.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed.

Spoiler
The Queen doesn't move at all during the fight. She just calls drones to fight you among eggs, and you have to shoot canisters to set the whole place on fire and activate a button to blow the whole thing. That's it.
[close]

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 14, 2010, 09:02:20 PM
Quote from: Ironseven on Feb 14, 2010, 08:12:57 PMWhat is it you fight instead ?

Spoiler
Synthetics.
They are a real pain to face cause they can take A LOT of damage, and you have to take out BOTH their feet to kill them. Blowing their head off ? Does nothing, they keep on moving and firing. They use ranged weapons (pulse rifles, shotguns) and have good aim... since you can't crouch, you're pretty much an easy target when you aren't behind cover.
I hated facing these guys.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed.

Spoiler
The Queen doesn't move at all during the fight. She just calls drones to fight you among eggs, and you have to shoot canisters to set the whole place on fire and activate a button to blow the whole thing. That's it.
[close]
Spoiler
so no fighting aliens in the second half of campaign at all :( how many missions do you fight synthetics
[close]

gloatingdazz

gloatingdazz

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Feb 14, 2010, 06:29:06 PM
Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 14, 2010, 06:26:01 PM
Quote from: GrimyGhost on Feb 14, 2010, 06:25:35 PM
Quote from: Zephon on Feb 14, 2010, 06:23:16 PM
Quote from: GrimyGhost on Feb 14, 2010, 06:20:08 PM
according to a guy on youtube each campaign can be finished in 1-2 hours... is that true?? if so thats a serious disapointment..

Meh..almost anything can be finished that fast if you zoom trough it and dont take your time with everything. + play on easy. Mass Effect 2 is arround 80hours but people can finish it in 6hours... Same goes for alot of games. It all depends on how much you ignore.
there was no rushing involved, he was on medium... he did campaign play throughs on youtube

Link?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv3NVeuA8sU
he played the game on easy difficulty so thats y the game looked so easy, personally the tiny bits of spoilers that ive read havent at all put me off the game, and where he says on you tube that 2 hrs gameplay max for each character to me is b.s why play the game if your just gonna rush and play it on easy... the mp will be the selling point for this game anyway.. people shouldnt be able to post spoilers until after the game is released properly because folk will be tempted to read and then put off purchasing it

PsychoticMarik

QuoteI'm afraid you are going to be disappointed.
Spoiler
Thats a damn shame. To think that a character as important as the Queen is a total joke in the story. Dieing that early, and hardly any animation...sigh.
Guess she could somehow be involved in the alien and preds story, but I wont hold my breath.
[close]

nyce

nyce

Pls answer this: Are the aliens so slow as we have seen in the marine gameplay trailer? Walkin' like grandma's.

This is the video btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=LAwdu5T4WzA&v=_gjMbawjZ4E

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed