Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien

Started by Darkoo, Dec 17, 2011, 02:26:48 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien (Read 106,301 times)

ElderPredator

Quote from: Kol on Dec 20, 2011, 02:38:01 AM
Quote from: ElderPredator on Dec 20, 2011, 01:37:45 AM
I've been away for a while, but who is this engineer everyone is talking about?

belive me: nobody knows it. just a nick-name everybody is throwing with.
that's mythology.
Oh alright, it just got me confused.

Kol

Quote from: ElderPredator on Dec 20, 2011, 02:40:36 AM
Quote from: Kol on Dec 20, 2011, 02:38:01 AM
Quote from: ElderPredator on Dec 20, 2011, 01:37:45 AM
I've been away for a while, but who is this engineer everyone is talking about?

belive me: nobody knows it. just a nick-name everybody is throwing with.
that's mythology.
Oh alright, it just got me confused.

the engineer is supposed to be one of the space jockey, maybe there leader or pilot, or crazy scientist or god. just don't know.

Kimarhi

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 20, 2011, 02:37:45 AM

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 19, 2011, 11:29:03 PM
If prometheus is tied to alien, which it is because of the SJ involvement, then it would be tied to the rest of the Alien series.  If the events in Prometheus lead to the creation of the Alien, and that contradicts AvP. Then f**k AvP.

How would it contradict AVP?

If the Aliens were created at the end of prometheus then they wouldn't be around during the present time the AvP movies were set in.

Deuterium

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 20, 2011, 03:36:07 AM

If prometheus is tied to alien, which it is because of the SJ involvement, then it would be tied to the rest of the Alien series.  If the events in Prometheus lead to the creation of the Alien, and that contradicts AvP. Then f**k AvP.

How would it contradict AVP?

If the Aliens were created at the end of prometheus then they wouldn't be around during the present time the AvP movies were set in.

I am pretty certain that Ridley Scott does not consider AvP as legitimate, nor that he is in anyway required to make his story consistent with the AvP universe.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 19, 2011, 11:29:03 PMIf the Aliens were created at the end of prometheus then they wouldn't be around during the present time the AvP movies were set in.

Works for me. 8)

-Chris

Kimarhi

I don't care either way.  I consider AvP just a spinoff in its own self contained universe anyways.

bobcunk

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 20, 2011, 03:36:07 AM

How would it contradict AVP? ya but the space jockey in aliens was supposed to be fossilized, so that mean the alien burst in the past.

Dogme

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 20, 2011, 05:03:53 AM
I don't care either way.  I consider AvP just a spinoff in its own self contained universe anyways.
AvP is about as relevant as one of those Alien or AvP graphic novels, in other words not at all relevant :)

Cecil

So then that would also contradict Predator 2.

LiquidMonster

Are you guys ready for a jaw dropping revelation?

It's a remake.  :o :o

Let me explain.

When it was first announced by Fox, there was talk that they wanted to remake "Alien" and at one
point I believe Sir Ridley's nephew was to direct it.

His nephew left and talk began about it not being a remake but "prequel" and that Ridley Scott would come
back to direct.

Flash forward to where we are today with Scott's numerous quotes about the movie having the "alien dna" but that it goes in a bit different direction. Especially news with our favorite Xenomorph NOT making an appearance according to Scott. Though this shouldn't be much of a surprise as he was often quoted that the monster was too watered down now to be scary and that if he did come back, there would be a new "take/design" on the creature.

Now Fox is apparently very happy with the final film and is talking sequels already.

What I believe has happened is that Scott has used the Space Jockey as the centerpiece of the story but introduces us to a NEW HORRIFIC CREATURE/ALIEN. Yes, the derelict and Space Jockey(s) are in(strands of A L I E N dna) but a new A L I E N menace will be introduced as well, re-energizing our favorite space critter.

Ok LiquidMonster, what about the possible ending where the derelict crashes on what we believe is LV-426 which our ill-fated Nostromo crew later find in "A L I E N"?

Doesn't matter. If this is indeed a cleverly disguised remake(I think it is) Scott could go in any number of directions for the proposed sequels and wouldn't necessarily have to follow up with a lone mining ship finding the derelict on LV-426 for the sequel.

What Scott has done is brilliantly remake his first A L I E N film while breathing new and exciting directions into the "mythology".

Don't say I didn't tell you come next June.

;D ;)

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Cecil on Dec 20, 2011, 05:39:23 AM

Scott better make it all weird and mysterious so we cant tell cause if he messed up P2 ...... im out!

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Dec 20, 2011, 01:21:59 PM
at one point I believe Sir Ridley's nephew was to direct it.

You mean his daughter's fiancé

Kol

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Dec 20, 2011, 01:21:59 PM
Are you guys ready for a jaw dropping revelation?

It's a remake.  :o :o

Let me explain.

When it was first announced by Fox, there was talk that they wanted to remake "Alien" and at one
point I believe Sir Ridley's nephew was to direct it.

His nephew left and talk began about it not being a remake but "prequel" and that Ridley Scott would come
back to direct.

Flash forward to where we are today with Scott's numerous quotes about the movie having the "alien dna" but that it goes in a bit different direction. Especially news with our favorite Xenomorph NOT making an appearance according to Scott. Though this shouldn't be much of a surprise as he was often quoted that the monster was too watered down now to be scary and that if he did come back, there would be a new "take/design" on the creature.

Now Fox is apparently very happy with the final film and is talking sequels already.

What I believe has happened is that Scott has used the Space Jockey as the centerpiece of the story but introduces us to a NEW HORRIFIC CREATURE/ALIEN. Yes, the derelict and Space Jockey(s) are in(strands of A L I E N dna) but a new A L I E N menace will be introduced as well, re-energizing our favorite space critter.

Ok LiquidMonster, what about the possible ending where the derelict crashes on what we believe is LV-426 which our ill-fated Nostromo crew later find in "A L I E N"?

Doesn't matter. If this is indeed a cleverly disguised remake(I think it is) Scott could go in any number of directions for the proposed sequels and wouldn't necessarily have to follow up with a lone mining ship finding the derelict on LV-426 for the sequel.

What Scott has done is brilliantly remake his first A L I E N film while breathing new and exciting directions into the "mythology".

Don't say I didn't tell you come next June.

;D ;)

a remake of alien?!
surley it will have the tone of the original, terror/horror, but sophisticated also.
we aren't even sure at the time if prometheus is a real prequel to alien or a total standalone and you're saying it's gonna be a remake...  ::)

it will be a remake as predators was a remake of predator. but nothing more.

Engineer1

The original prequel set to be shot by Carl Rinsch was actually some sort of remake.
A bit like THE THING remake.
But PROMETHEUS is not a remake at all.
It's set 37 years before the events of ALIEN.
Now it will have some similar moments wich are to be expected (exploration of an Alien ship, creatures running wild into corridors, etc...) but a remake? Sorry but no.
Nice try.

Valaquen

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 20, 2011, 01:42:32 PM
Quote from: Cecil on Dec 20, 2011, 05:39:23 AM

http://modernsophist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/dope-exploding-head.jpg

Scott better make it all weird and mysterious so we cant tell cause if he messed up P2 ...... im out!
Why would Scott have an obligation to not retcon a gag from another movie?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed