What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 588,564 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 07, 2019, 11:07:22 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 07, 2019, 08:38:13 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 06, 2019, 09:55:26 PM

That song drives me insane. No seriously, it's torture.

Agreed. Nevertheless, any time an American handles a firearm, this song plays somewhere. It's just the rules of the universe.

Imma grab my nine in da hopes it plays at ur crib

It did! Simpsons season 15 episode 19 features it.

Huggs

Huggs

Sleep Paralysis

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

i've had that shit

hate it

never saw any hallucinations but I'd be frozen, and then it would feel like I imagine being put to sleep feels like as a death penalty, then I'd snap out of it

Huggs

Huggs

Same. I have it probably 3 or 4 times a year, but never get any hallucinations. It only ever happens after prolonged lack of sleep.

I've found that since I still retain full respiratory control, all I have to do is breath hard and fast, and it pulls me right out of it. So it never really bothers me anymore, it's just a 10 second fix.

The only reason it ticked me off this time is because I was aware of it during the start of a dream, and so it also froze my movements in the dream. Unfortunately for me, I was near a running sawblade in the dream, and since I was unable to move, I fell forward into it and was getting torn to pieces.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I experienced sleep paralysis about 4 times, the last one was two years or so ago. In each experience my body was paralyzed, I hear static that goes from more to less until everything is completely silent for about a second. As soon as silence comes, it suddenly ends when I start hearing voices whispering things in my ear. The voices are strange though. Like when you submerge your head under the water of a swimming pool. Only twice I had hallucinations. On one occasion I could vaguely see a black figure on my bed, and on the other occasion it was something a little more interesting. I am a rational and skeptical person and I know that all this is perfectly explained by science, but my other hallucination was very esoteric so to speak  :laugh: I was paralyzed, while listening to voices and static as usual, but then I got out of my bed, while being paralyzed at the same time, to find the remote control and turn off the TV. But it felt like I was flying in my bedroom to do that. It was super weird, because it was a very lucid experience, like half awake half asleep  :-\

Huggs

Huggs

I can't even open my eyes when I have it, so I'm just paralyzed in the dark. But like I said, I know what it is so it just aggravates me for a few seconds.

The first time is terrible though. If you've never heard of it (I hadn't) it's terrifying. I thought I'd had some kind of massive stroke and would be stuck in a hospital for the rest of my life. That my family would think I was a vegetable and leave me to die in there, fully aware and unable to do anything but rot.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Sleep Paralysis is one scary MotherHumper.

One time i had it, i was frozen on my side, couldnt open my eyes and it felt like something was crawling up my side then breathing on my face.

F*****g Terrified me

TheSailingRabbit

It's early August and it's cold here.

Not yet, I don't have any hot chocolate or soup.

Huggs

Huggs

Hot and humid here.

And it'll stay that way through November.

The Old One

The Old One

Just nonsense.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 12, 2019, 03:37:20 AM
Hot and humid here.

And it'll stay that way through November.

Until November a little further north.  Even tho we get a few better days in Oct.

TheSailingRabbit

I used to leave a pair of socks on the bed for when I get out of the shower on cold days. I stopped because Sweetie would bat them off and I couldn't find them.

I really don't understand why telling myself I can leave the socks on the bed now is upsetting.

Huggs

Huggs

There are lots of little changes to get used to after you lose a pet. As time goes by, you'll adapt to each one as you encounter it.

When I lost Nelson, it took me about 2-3 days before I realized I didn't have to take a lint roller to my pillow before bed anymore, because he wasn't there to shed all over it. It hadn't even occurred to me that I could stop doing that, because it had become part of the daily routine.

Hang in there. Remember that each day carries you farther away from the loss, and closer to normalcy.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Its been 10 weeks since my TV Signal went out. Now it turns out Flat 1 is up for Let and my property manager had no idea about it

WTF

Huggs

Huggs

105 degrees with high humidity making it worse.

The wind is blowing, but it's just blowing the hot air around.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed