Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 565,745 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Honestly, both of them are edge-of-your-seat for me, but in drastically different ways.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Aliens just pips it for me as I always loved the future designs like sets, machines, equipment, weapons, costumes etc...The build up to the finale is also adrenaline pumping as the team goes down one by one, one of the best sequels ever made.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

...wasnt expecting 33 votes for Alien resurrection.  :P

Primordial

Primordial

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 14, 2012, 01:47:46 PM
...wasnt expecting 33 votes for Alien resurrection.  :P

33 = mistake clics + people joking + people involved with the movie making  :P

aliennaire

aliennaire

I bet 33 A:R votes were cast by people who were brought to the franchise with that film. There is nothing bad about that... On the bright side, staying long enough here, they eventually would be educated to appreciate the real masterpieces   :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The wonders of how people have to explain differing opinions.

SM

SM

Yeah, I mean, who do they think they are?  They should think precisely like everyone who likes Aliens the best.

aliennaire

aliennaire

I was mainly joking about educating, but really, whouldn't you be interested to learn more about your favourite film, where from it derived and what has been done before?.. I think it's what makes you a fan... Whether could you switch your choice after or remain stern with your tastes is also up to you. Like I said, I was mainly joking...

VicerExciser206

VicerExciser206

Aliens was the first one I saw

Alien Jockey

Alien Jockey

Aliens.
Sometimes Aliens and Alien are equal. Some people say Alien is their favorite. Others say Aliens.

My order from best to worst:
Aliens
Alien
Prometheus
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection

A lot of people had no doubts (I didn't have any)  that  Prometheus would be  better than Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection. I thank god that it was. Anybody that choose Alien 3,  I respect your decision but you should rewatch Alien and Aliens. Anybody that choose Alien Resurrection is out of their minds. If your favorite Alien movie is not Aliens, Alien or Prometheus, then you should rewatch those movies.

colonialmarine9

colonialmarine9

I love and respect all the first three films, resurrection is ok but it isn't nearly as good because its like a comedy. The first three are serious, dark films which are amazing because they have great directors, actors, moods, themes, tones, plot, music, characterization, realism, and incredible sets. Resurrection lacks the dark mood and seriousness and has terrible dialogue and has little characterization, the scenes with the Newborn are bad to say the least because the creature isn't threatening at all I mean it just falls in love with Ripley instead of a fight which was orignally going to happen the movie could have been so much better their was so much potential. It is ok but the first 3 make it look like trash. The first 3 are masterpieces and my favorite all though Alien and Aliens are very close is Alien 3 which is a criminally underrated movie. The first three movies is like a very good story that is just beautiful.

Order

Alien 3 Aliens Alien all on same level 100% masterpieces  :)

Alien Resurrection joke of a wonderful franchise  ???

SM

SM

QuoteResurrection... has little characterization

It's got about as much as Aliens or Alien3.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Eyup; probably a little more than the latter too.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Alien3's characterisation was good for what we got I felt. Certainly Dillon and 85 were people I cared about towards the end, to some degree.

SM

SM

Same as Hicks, Newt, Burke, Bishop, Clemens, Call, Johner, Vriess, et al.  All distinctive without being terribly deep.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed