Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 565,659 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Remember this thread?

Quote from: SiL on Jul 14, 2020, 10:07:00 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 14, 2020, 09:55:29 PMHell, some people actually consider Alien 3 to be high art...

Sheesh. There's a huge difference between being intentionally dense and layered and obtuse and difficult to understand and ... whatever the hell happened to Alien3.

Those were good times.

SiL

SiL

Remember when I got in arguments with filmmakers and derided for liking Alien 3 more than Aliens?

Memories.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't mind if you like Alien 3 more than Aliens.  It's when people place Alien 3 (or any of the other sequels) above Alien OR Aliens that I call bullshit.  The #1 spot can only be occupied by either one of those two movies.  #2 can be anything, even AvPR.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It occupies the number one spot for me, then Alien, then Aliens.

Same as @Cocolyte I just don't feel I need to hold that opinion in secret anymore.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 07, 2022, 10:50:52 PMI don't mind if you like Alien 3 more than Aliens.  It's when people place Alien 3 (or any of the other sequels) above Alien OR Aliens that I call bullshit.  The #1 spot can only be occupied by either one of those two movies.  #2 can be anything, even AvPR.
Nah, the film has a distinct vibe that attracts a distinct audience, I can see people preferring that. It's just a matter of taste.

It's when they then say the others are shit movies I call bullshit.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Jul 07, 2022, 11:27:56 PMNah, the film has a distinct vibe that attracts a distinct audience, I can see people preferring that.

Hipsters?

Spoiler

SiL

SiL

Europeans.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Coco's American lol & I'm Irish.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 07, 2022, 10:50:52 PMIt's when people place Alien 3 (or any of the other sequels) above Alien OR Aliens that I call bullshit.

People are diverse, and like different things, for different reasons.

Everyone has their own tastes. I do place Prometheus above ALIENS. I'm not blind that ALIENS is in many ways a superior film, I just think its a less interesting film.

And tastes change over time. I don't much like ALIEN 3 (and I know it's partly because I had sky-high expectations for it when it was released) or Resurrection, but it's been over 10 years since I've seen either of those films and I'm interested in returning to them soon to re-evaluate how I feel about them.

(And I'm Australian  8) )

SiL

SiL

Also Australian. If we're allowed into Eurovision we count as people who can like Alien 3 a lot :P

My rating of AR shot up when I saw it in HD for the first time. f**k khondji's cinematography is beautiful.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

ALIEN³ is like marmite: a thing that one comes to like over time. Unless you're David Fincher of course. :-X

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Jul 08, 2022, 12:24:34 AMf**k khondji's cinematography is beautiful.

Yes.

Quote from: NecronomIV on Jul 08, 2022, 12:20:28 AMEveryone has their own tastes. I do place Prometheus above ALIENS. I'm not blind that ALIENS is in many ways a superior film, I just think its a less interesting film.

Nice.

QuoteAnd tastes change over time. I don't much like ALIEN 3 (and I know it's partly because I had sky-high expectations for it when it was released) or Resurrection, but it's been over 10 years since I've seen either of those films and I'm interested in returning to them soon to re-evaluate how I feel about them.

It's definitely worth it.

Quote(And I'm Australian  8) )

New Zealand.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

To me Alien 3 always felt like the funeral procession of someone I truly loved. A beautiful yet depressing procession that I would never stop to remember.

Resurrection was always more of a rollercoaster for me. A fun, sticky, messy rollercoaster.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd always rather watch Alien 3 over Resurrection. But while I fully acknowledge its flaws, I still love Alien 3 and hold it in the same esteem as I hold the first two. I just have to be in the mood to watch Alien 3. It takes a frame of mind for me to want to watch it.

SiL

SiL

That's why I find AR easier to watch. I don't need a particular mood for it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed