Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 565,865 times)

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 24, 2007, 05:24:49 PM
Quote from: Huol on Aug 24, 2007, 05:12:47 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 24, 2007, 04:04:34 PM
Hocking loogies might take longer than killing one of their own.  There was a massive amount of blood needed to make a hole big enough for them to escape in a short time so Gediman couldn't stop their escape by freezing them.

Also, spitting up a massive amount of blood still might amount to a dead alien, so the difference wouldn't be appreciated.

Cutting them wouldn't do much good.  A spit of blood, and then healed wounds, ala alien.
I said bleeding on the glass.
All it needs is a small amount of blood to burn into the glass thus destroying the windows stability.

Glass is silicon, the same stuff supposedly found in the Alien.  I doubt acid would affect it much.

Damn, the preds should have used silicone wristblades huh?
Is silicone the material we have long searched for? An acid proof material? We should start producing acid proof suits immediatly...  ::)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It would be somewhat hard to make glass suits wouldn't it?  Likewise a glass blade would do what to the alien?

Ceramics can be acid proof, yet you will never see ceramic body armor.  Why?  Because its the same stuff that makes up your toilets.  Likewise, despite glass and ceramics having the ability to break and produce jagged edges, the fact that they are so brittle doesn't lend itself to a jabbing weapon under concussive force.

Silicone, and silicon are two different things.  Silicone goes in a woman's boobs.  Silicon is what you use to make computer chips and glass.

Maybe the Aliens knew that despite the glass appearing thin (which it may or may not have been) a headstrike aimed at gediman capable of punching through ferro's helmet and her skull didn't penetrate at all.  Its headbutt did no damage either.  Thus they knew the floor would be a better chance of escape.  Since their own bodies consist of polarized silicon (which Ash says quite explicitly in Alien), they maybe they knew at some level they'd be better off eating through the floor, than the stuff their OWN bodies were made of.

Warrior Drone

Warrior Drone

1.A  L  I  E  N
2.ALIEN 3
3.ALIENS
4.A L I E N:RESSURECTION

Dino21AvP

Dino21AvP

-Aliens
-Alien
-Alien 3
-Alien Resurrection

Ok7

Ok7

Aliens
Alien
Alien Res.
Alien 3
AvP

Daunty

Daunty

Aliens
Alien
AlienĀ³
Alien:Res
AvP :')

God I love Aliens.  ;D

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Alien takes it by a mile. From the atmosphere to the true sense of science fiction to the plot and the way the actors add to it, Alien is truly a horror classic. Aliens was a good concept, but will always be second best in comparison. Alien 3, while not nearly as bad as the masses believe it to be, is a somewhat disappointing film; it's not what I expected, but it's ultimately a good try...just a bit too detached and dystopian for my tastes. I don't even feel I need to get into why Alien: Resurrection was bad...the film is synonymous with my bathroom toilet for a bad place to search for cinematic gold.

It's sort of sad this franchise's best can be summed up in order from 1 to 4.

Warrior Drone

Warrior Drone

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Aug 26, 2007, 06:34:08 AM
Alien takes it by a mile. From the atmosphere to the true sense of science fiction to the plot and the way the actors add to it, Alien is truly a horror classic. Aliens was a good concept, but will always be second best in comparison. Alien 3, while not nearly as bad as the masses believe it to be, is a somewhat disappointing film; it's not what I expected, but it's ultimately a good try...just a bit too detached and dystopian for my tastes. I don't even feel I need to get into why Alien: Resurrection was bad...the film is synonymous with my bathroom toilet for a bad place to search for cinematic gold.

It's sort of sad this franchise's best can be summed up in order from 1 to 4.
You raise some good points. Alien is too my favorite out of all of them, with Alien 3 not far behind just because i like the feel of one alien more than anything.

arnold23

arnold23

They are all good but all very different.

Scott, Cameron, Fincher Juenet, and *cough* Anderson all have very different ways of making movies.

Story wise Alien is the best.  It is the creepiest thing being all alone and far from earth.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

My Favourite Alien movie is the first alien movie.

Harkus

Harkus

Alien 3 for me. The actors did an amazing job and killing newt at the beginning was a bonus  ;D

Exiled

Exiled

newt was OK but I didn't want hicks killed off

Harkus

Harkus

I don't think anybody did but look on the brightside we got Dillon instead.

Exiled

Exiled

but he died ;D

Harkus

Harkus

Quote from: crazy_dbl_88 on Sep 03, 2007, 03:03:44 PM
but he died ;D

that he did, at least it was a significant and dignified death unlike hicks's  ;D ;D ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed