Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 565,841 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Jul 10, 2007, 06:14:48 AM
Aliens wasn't nihilistic.
Which would be why I was talking about Alien3.

SM

SM

Oh.  Thought you were talking about the first three.

SiL

SiL

Naw. All three had their own distinct feels, sure, but there was a common thread throughout that the fourth just ignored.

SM

SM

Different time.  Different place.  Didn't bother me much.

Mind you, having thought about it - if you want nihilism, Ripley8 IS nihilism.  For most of Resurrection she doesn't care very much about much.  Not even herself on occassion.  She knows if she dies they can just bring her back again.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Alien because-
A) we knew so little. How strong is it? Is this its final stage? How smart is it? Etc Etc.
B) The scene where Ripley is alone with it in the shuttle made me realize how isolated she was in space.
C) 1] the derelect, when the camera seemed hand held and panned the walls. Made it seem so real.
    2] the egg-nest seemed so infinite, it gave me chills.
D) the music
E)They were alone, millions of lightyears from nowhere. It had a sort-of 2001 Space Oddessy feeling.

Nothing has beaten it. Aliens, though great, lacked points A,B,D, and E. And it made the aliens so much less mysterious.

For future films, don't reveal the jockey. Raise questions, but never answer. That is point F: complete unsolved mystery.

BodySnatcher

BodySnatcher

Alien 3 i enjoy watchin the most it's f**kin awesome (and not the lame special edition just the theatrical cut)

The first three are like the perfect trilogy IMO and res ruined that but i can still watch it a s a popcorn movie for guilty pleasure.

Aliens i cant watch anymore it's been so overdone and the aliens in it are fodder IMO. Still a great film but the more i watch it the more flaws become apparent.

scholar

scholar

like the dead people and costums  :D :D

Sabreman

Sabreman

Hi!

My order is:

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3........................ Alien Resurrection

greetings!

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

Though Alien had that good mysterious vibe that left a lot of ques. Special Edition Aliens is awesome too.

Aeus

Aeus

1.Alien
2.Alien 3
3.Aliens
4.Alien Ressurection

automirage04

automirage04

My favorites are the ONLY two Aliens movies that I will acknowledge.

A2, and A1. In that order.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: automirage04 on Aug 09, 2007, 12:12:21 PM

A2, and A1. In that order.

I pretty much agree with that.. Lots of people were fans of 3, but I just wasn't into the gothic thing.  It wasn't really a bad film, but just not what I expected for the franchise.  Res was simply out there.. Personally, I think that pretty much put the final nail in the coffin for the Alien IP.. at least for me.  It's yet to redeem itself.  :)  Amazing.. a movie made 21 years ago keeps me talking on these forums about the IP.. that movie was Aliens. 

gameoverman

gameoverman

Alien Resurrection is underrated I think.  It is it's own movie in a way and it was shot beautifully.  After 3 films, you had to try something different to keep the series fresh.  It was quite a brave experiment to get a director who had only made french films and let him run the show almost.

Given time, I think it will still hold up and maybe be as appreciated as Alien 3 is now.

Redfield

Redfield

Quote from: gameoverman on Aug 13, 2007, 06:07:17 AM
Alien Resurrection is underrated I think.  It is it's own movie in a way and it was shot beautifully.  After 3 films, you had to try something different to keep the series fresh.  It was quite a brave experiment to get a director who had only made french films and let him run the show almost.

Given time, I think it will still hold up and maybe be as appreciated as Alien 3 is now.

well how much longer time do you want to give it? it's been ten years-- itll never be as good as my favourite, alien 3. I loved Sigourney's performance, plus also it was the scariest of the films, because of how it treats some of the main characters (eg Newt's body being ripped apart)

Quote from: automirage04 on Aug 09, 2007, 12:12:21 PM

why the hell wont you acknowledge the other two? I dont have a problem with you saying you dont like them (i personally detest avp) but dont pretend they're not there.

War Wager

War Wager

1. Aliens
2. Alien Resurrection
3. Alien3
4. Alien

I'm not saying Alien and Alien3 are bad movies, it's just I preffer action to horror...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed