First AvP2 Production Still!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 15, 2007, 06:36:24 PM

Author
First AvP2 Production Still! (Read 7,290 times)

Vigilante360

Vigilante360

Like many people, I did not like the look of the Predators in AVP1. They looked like they were on steroids and were bulky as hell. They were not hunters, more like football players. I also was VERY disappointed with Scar's face (the eyeballs were human eyes, not like eyes of the Predator in the previous films).   The body armor of the Predators in AVP1 was too much, as well as the giant shoulder-cannon. The shuriken was a nice idea, but I like the Predator 2 disc more.   I didn't like that Aztec/Predator stuff (the pyramid concept and the Predator "backstory")...BUT,  I did like the idea of young predators going through a ritual to become worthy "hunters", by hunting Aliens.   And yes, the overall writing of AVP was not very good, but you have to admit that there were some pretty cool scenes in that film (chestburster neck-snap and that Alien face being sliced-off, etc). I was also disappointed that one Alien killed two Predators in less than 10 minues (yes, those were "teenage" Predators, but it was still lame to see them killed so early and quickly in the film, especially from one Alien).

Vigilante360

Vigilante360

As for the idea of Predators teaming with humans, look...it happened in the original Aliens vs Predator comic, so for me, it was cool to see this carried (somewhat) into the AVP film. And honestly, when you think about the situation Scar and Lex were in and circumstances of why humans were there in the first place (as hosts) and not "prey"...why would Scar not-team with Lex? She saved his life, bascially, and she proved herself to be a "warrior" in his mind. And then there's the end scene of the Elder handing Lex the weapon...very much like the comic, only that Lex does not join the Predator clan (which, in my opinion, would've been REALLY cool), as Machiko Noguchi in the comic does.   Anyone who has seen Predator 2, knows that the Predators honor those who prove themselves, even if they are "enemy" or "prey". Danny Glover's character is not killed at the end for a reason.   I guess you can the view Predators as "samurai"...as warriors/hunters with code and honor. They don't kill "everybody". They kill those that they feel are threatening and opposing (weapon-weilding). Does that mean every Predator should follow that code? No, but I think the concept of the Predator not having the intentions of killing everyone in his path (like a serial killer in another slasher film) is interesting.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Has anyone noticed that the ridges in this shot on the alien do not match how the ridges look on the leaked stolen suit pics?

Vigilante360

Vigilante360

A few more things I want to say about this AVP2 photo:  People have complained about the "transparent" jaw-tendons of the AVP2 Alien. Well, I think the issue is that the Alien jaw does not have enough tendons (transparent, or not).   I just re-watched the "production" documentaries on the second "ALIENS" disc (from the Quadrilogy DVD-set) and they clearly showed the ALIENS with transparent tendon (and if you remember, the Alien Queen has transparent tendons).    As many know, Tom Woodruff and Alec Gillis were part of Winston's studio (before, leaving and creating, ADI) and they worked on the Alien costumes/creature effects in ALIENS, so they are experienced in this "rigged-head" Alien design.   ADI has kept using this Alien design of having the Alien creature feature more "fleshy"-looking material for the body (shoulders, for example), as opposed to it being more biomechanical (as seen in Alien and Aliens).

Vigilante360

Vigilante360

Sure, it would be cool if the "rigged" head Aliens in AVP2 were exactly like the creatures from ALIENS, but maybe ADI didn't want to just re-use the same exact design that was created by the Winston studio. ADI wanted to put their own original spin on this "rigged" head version of the Alien.  Also, the Alien costumes, puppets, etc. used in these films do not always have the same Alien design throughout. The same Alien design is not always used for every shot of a film. When you look at behind-the-scenes footage of these Alien movies, you see these Alien costumes used, which are either replaced by CGI in the final cut, or are hidden very well by lighting and editing. Heck, watch behind-the-scenes footage from Alien 3 and you'll see an Alien costume with a rigged-head used.   I agree that the "claw" hands of the ADI's Aliens have been disappointing and it looks like the Aliens in AVP2 will be the same way (and not have the bone-like/biomechanical-fingers from ALIENS).

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

that is AWESOME  that pred has got a crazy look in his eyes!!

beeko

beeko

Im a big fan theres going to be no matrix style slow motion like avp1 in this film

Jonesy

Jonesy

I cant believe this site is back; I just found that out. After AvP came out, it just disappeared. Im glad it is back though.  I must admit though, this has a feeling of deja vu all over again. You see the same kind of optimism you did before the first AvP was released. I knew that one was gonna suck and said so many times on the old site (long before it was released). This one im not as sure of that. i dont think its going to be a work of art, but I get the feeling it might be a fun flick. I just hope the military is used and allowed to kick some ass. I dont want a depiction of a wimpy military just getting... wiped out.  Its impossible to tell much of anything from the picture, except that I think the Alien's neck looks too big. I think the Pred would get drilled in the forhead too if he tried that. Maybe thats what happens, i hope.

beeko

beeko

welcome back

innerchaos

innerchaos

Vigilante, why would you apologize for leaving long posts then leave one every 20 minutes for almost 2 hours??    ???   Anyway, I was hyped for the first film, then disappointed. But in some ways, all the excitement was worth it. Not to say the movie satisfied my expectations, but I enjoyed the salivating after waking up every morning and waiting for this sites' homepage to load. Long live AVP2 (until December).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed