What do you want to see in Romulus?

Started by littlesprout, Jan 07, 2023, 11:15:22 PM

Author
What do you want to see in Romulus? (Read 44,874 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Yes please, and interesting characters and relationships, impactful deaths.

Huntsman

Going back to the original timeline era and avoiding David content will improve how people feel about things overall I think. Going back to basics.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Huntsman on Apr 26, 2024, 12:22:29 PMGoing back to the original timeline era and avoiding David content will improve how people feel about things overall I think. Going back to basics.

Highland

Problem with Alien 3 is that it should have been Alien 4  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

The problem is Alien 4 decided to keep Ripley and abandoned the timeline people were invested in.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 10, 2018, 12:10:30 AMAt least Alien 3 left all the worldbuilding intact...then Alien Resurrection flushed it all down the toilet.

cucuchu

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 10, 2018, 12:10:30 AMAt least Alien 3 left all the worldbuilding intact...then Alien Resurrection flushed it all down the toilet.

When I finally saw the deleted scene where the scientist explains to Ripley that Weyland-Yutani was bought out by Walmart, I immediately dismissed the film as some weird fever dream of Morse after the events of Alien 3.

Now years later I'm starting to warm up to Resurrection again and I am head-canoning that the scientist was just f**king with Ripley and spewing non-sense.

BigDaddyJohn

That Walmart line was horrible.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 29, 2024, 02:13:59 PMThat Walmart line was horrible.

It certainly felt like a throwaway Whedonism.

aliens13

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 29, 2024, 02:13:59 PMThat Walmart line was horrible.
The Walmart line is from the extended cut it think. I don't have any problem with that

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Apr 29, 2024, 03:50:47 AMThe problem is Alien 4 decided to keep Ripley and abandoned the timeline people were invested in.

Alien 3 should have been Hicks, then A3 (actually A4) could have finished it nicely.

SiL

SiL

I like Beihn but I feel Hicks was done as a character by the end of Aliens. He didn't even survive the treatment and he's functionally dead in the last act anyway.

Highland

Could have killed him/made him dead, but not Newt, at least not yet. Ripley literally goes from one movie to the next with no break. I like A3, just don't like that it comes after 2, but thats a lot of folk.

Slutty Badger

Well, there's always the prequels - and Romulus! - if you feel that the main films are too Ripley-heavy.

BigDaddyJohn

Hopefully the main in Romulus steps away just enough from Ripley to be her own thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed