Prey receives Emmy nomination for Outstanding TV Movie (and more!)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 12, 2023, 04:05:08 PM

Author
Prey receives Emmy nomination for Outstanding TV Movie (and more!) (Read 14,644 times)

Engineer

Btw
LEL = Laughing Extremely Loud

A variation of LOL, so that wasn't an error

Corporal Hicks

Rightio, let's cut this one off at the pass please. Brokentusk, it's fine to discuss your dislike. I wont tolerate things like comparing to downs to express displeasure at appearances though. And let's not go 4chan on counter-arguments please. We're better than that.

I am disappointed to see a minority of people - even if they disliked the film, but unfortunately unpleasantly vocal in their manner - expressing displeasure at the film earning (very well earned) awards. It's very "cut off your nose to spite your face" kind of attitude because ultimately it's good for the brand in the long run.

Even if the film doesn't win any, it's a great accolade to be nominated and I'm proud of everyone involved (even if I still dislike the face :P

SiL

I don't care for the film at all and I'm stoked it's getting such good recognition. Predator hasn't really done much at the awards level since the original; this is great to hear the property being taken so seriously.

Neila

well deserved???
Incomprehensible for a film that is only partially good.
There's a lot more to come to get those nominations or awards.
Of course it's not a total failure like THE Predator, but it doesn't come close to the first two parts either.
Apparently, you can't expect that anymore these days.
I absolutely don't understand the hype. P2 was torn apart by critics at the time, while Prey was praised to the skies.
The Predator in the last work looks cool with his bone mask, but without the thing it looks like he got beat up by Mike Tyson. Whoever approved this design must have been drunk.
(Well, the design wasn't nominated either, but it's part of the overall work)
The music is good but not exceptional. The story is fitting but far from a masterpiece. The film is nominated for performances that are actually just standard.
Nevertheless, all of this probably has the positive effect that there will be a Prey 2, which is also absolutely necessary to explain how the hunters get the pistol back again.
With all the attention the film has, it will hopefully be shown in cinemas again. I'm in, but I hope it gets better because there's still a lot of room for improvement.

oduodu

yep i agree that if it is good in the long run totally. if it makes a new gen of fans totally. but it is the world building and planting a seed that grabs people a attention that makes a franchise stick around for years. if prey succeeds in this i am all for it. but the lack of posts and fervour just makes me wonder about the hype. but ultimately if it seeds a new gen of fans then thats job done. yes the pred franchise needs a boost an to be recognised more in the absence of alien franchise.

fwiw congrats to all.

I JUST HOPE DISNEY BUILDS ON THIS. AND TRACHTENBERG REMAINS ATTACHED.

kudos

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 14, 2023, 02:05:05 AM
Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 14, 2023, 01:48:00 AM
Quote from: Engineer on Jul 13, 2023, 06:11:09 PMFunny...
For a film that "should be forgotten," it's racking up more awards and nominations than any other predator film to date a
For a film that "should be forgotten," it's racking up more awards and nominations than any other predator film to date lol

Awards are meaningless. Especially nowadays when they are awarded for checking boxes and not the actual merit of something. This film is garbage when compared to the first two. Its a mediocre, haphazardly slap together bootleg predator movie, riding off its wokeness rather than its subjective quality. Which when compared to the original two falls short in every respect. Especially that godawful design they try to excuse by saying it's "primative". No it's shite. So lol that.
Yea well, that's just like, your opinion man.

Lol
awe you beat me to it.

I'm of the side where I'm glad it's winning awards because it is pretty good movie, I just really don't like it being called a TV movie. Like, a TV movie has a certain quality that Prey obviously lacks; it's too good for that.

I can certainly see why viewers and some fans have a negative take it, but like a great man once said, "that's just like, your opinion, man." And if you have to be discriminating or derogative, then no one's gonna take your opinion seriously due to a lack of being constructive and fairness.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 14, 2023, 03:51:12 AMIts Lol not lel.

Lel, jej and indeed, kek.

Since you're so worried about wokeness you should at least recognize that last one.

Yautja888

For a film that "should be forgotten," it's racking up more awards and nominations than any other predator film to date lol

King Willie says, since when awards and nominations are proofs of quality ?  :laugh:

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jul 15, 2023, 04:12:41 PM

King Willie says, since when awards and nominations are proofs of quality ?  :laugh:

That's what the awards are for 🤷
If you disagree with the movies merits that's a personal opinion, one that others obviously do not share, hence the awards/nominations...

Yautja888

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 15, 2023, 07:17:48 PM

If you disagree with the movies merits that's a personal opinion, one that others obviously do not share, hence the awards/nominations...

Wait, I should base my opinion on other people's opinions ? :laugh:  :laugh:

Engineer

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jul 16, 2023, 06:35:21 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Jul 15, 2023, 07:17:48 PM

Wait, I should base my opinion on other people's opinions ? :laugh:  :laugh:

Never said that lol but you do you

skhellter

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jul 16, 2023, 06:35:21 PMWait, I should base my opinion on other people's opinions ? :laugh:  :laugh:

you dislike Prey because of "its politics".

Your fave youtuber probably said something mean about it and you cried.  :'(

Superstitious Man

Superstitious Man

Prey was great - loved it.

Predator 1 remains my fav, with Pred 2, Predators and Prey level-pegging.

The Predator obviously comes last.

The only thing I didn't like about Prey was the Predator design. I don't like this obsession with having to re-design it all the time. Its mouth opened far too wide and the bone mask sucked. It reflected more primitive technology - yet they still mastered space travel. Didn't stack-up for me. But aside from the Pred' face and mask, Prey is a solid 8/10.

Hopefully more to come.

Currently reading all the comics. Even the Archie ones!

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Predator surely never had any politics in it right, it's not like the first 2 movies have a major subplot about how the government and military will use people as expandable assets, that is not political at all, nah

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed