Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,988 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

-Tenet (2020)

Spy movies aren't my thing, but the sci-fi elements and action sequences made it mersmering for me. Nolan is not a pretentious director, he's rather an ambitious artist and such ambitions are achieved most of the time.  8)

- Crash (1996)

What the hell did I watch?  :o I mean, I guess sometimes couples have to experiment with new experiences to avoid routine and keep the spark alive  :-\

...but seriously, what the hell did I watch?  :o

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 04, 2021, 12:24:08 AM
Shadow of the Vampire

I think this movie is peak Malkovich. "I don't think we need the writer anymore." "I don't expect you to understand, and I am loathe to admit it myself, but yes, the writer is necessary." :laugh:

I adore this film.

Wish it could get a proper release someday.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Karen (2021)
Very average thriller about racism.
Not sure if this was supposed to be serious but it seemed so.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 04, 2021, 04:33:54 AM
-Tenet (2020)

Spy movies aren't my thing, but the sci-fi elements and action sequences made it mersmering for me. Nolan is not a pretentious director, he's rather an ambitious artist and such ambitions are achieved most of the time.  8)

I still don't know what this movie was about.
Did you see the honest trailer?  ;D
Spoiler

Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 04, 2021, 10:06:52 AM
I adore this film.

Arrr. Ye can find yourself a digital release on the ocean when them landfolk fail to provide.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

A very well done sequel... but I'm definitely not looking forward to slogging through At World's End again. :laugh:

Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 04, 2021, 10:06:52 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 04, 2021, 12:24:08 AM
Shadow of the Vampire

I think this movie is peak Malkovich. "I don't think we need the writer anymore." "I don't expect you to understand, and I am loathe to admit it myself, but yes, the writer is necessary." :laugh:

I adore this film.

Yeah, the DVD isn't great. Maybe we'll get an upgrade when the Eggers Nosferatu comes out.

Huggs

Huggs

Transformers 1986 (5/5)

Ghostbusters (4/5)

SiL

SiL

Block Island Sound

Languid, uninteresting, aimless. Avoid.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You should watch The Stuff next.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Borrower (1991)
"Aliens punish one of their own by devolving him to a human and sending him to Earth."
Was hoping for something like The Hidden (1987). There were similarities and while it wasn't as good, it was entertaining enough.

Prez

Prez

Run Lola Run
Quirky and enjoyable.

Huggs

Huggs

The Stranger (1946)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The 13th Warrior

"Grow stronger!"

The Devil's Advocate

Pacino is a goddamn national treasure. And they let him monologue for like twenty minutes at the end.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 04, 2021, 11:23:31 PMPirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

A very well done sequel... but I'm definitely not looking forward to slogging through At World's End again. :laugh:

I recently rewatched At World's End purely because it was on TV, and was really surprised by how good the first half is. Up until around the time they get to the meeting of the pirate lords I thought it was actually better than the second.

But then the final act happens.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 06, 2021, 06:44:38 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 04, 2021, 11:23:31 PMPirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

I recently rewatched At World's End purely because it was on TV, and was really surprised by how good the first half is. Up until around the time they get to the meeting of the pirate lords I thought it was actually better than the second.

But then the final act happens.

I always get annoyed by how Chow Yun-Fat is wasted, the Kraken is killed off screen, and that indulgent as hell scene with 25 Depps sniffing a peanut.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Ricochet (1991)
This was good. Somehow I never saw this one before. Better late than never.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Dazed and Confused (1993)
Starsky and Hutch (2003)
Alien 3 (1992)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed