Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,739 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Robin Hood: Men In Tights

"Now, let's take off this woman's clothing and go put on our tights!"

kwisatz

kwisatz

Kong: CG Island (2017)

3D trash of the worst fuking kind. Not a single appealing scene. Dialogues for Trump voters.

Stingray

Stingray

Under the Skin (2013)

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Stingray on Jul 26, 2020, 08:41:48 PM
Under the Skin (2013)

Such an odd movie but really enjoyed it. The ending was pretty trippy.

AvP Requiem - I haven't seen this movie since it was in theatres and remember hating it. Maybe that's why this time I really didn't mind it. They really didn't hold anything back in terms of violence in the movie and I got to say the predator was pretty badass.

j0nesy

j0nesy

i watched killing of a sacred dear after y'alls recommendation, and i was pretty meh about it. well shot, but a bit too weird for my taste

kwisatz

kwisatz

Alien: Covenant

Stupid film. Depressing to watch. Feels flat. Even looks flat, especially for a Scott film.

f**k --

Prez

Prez

Midsommar Not so much watched it but rather skimmed through parts of it.

HOLY SH*T BALLS that is one ultra violent film. I'm usually no problemo with realistic violence on screen but something about this was just so bleak.

Spoiler
The cliff jump sacrifice scene made me squirm big time
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 26, 2020, 08:02:37 PM

3D trash of the worst fuking kind. Not a single appealing scene. Dialogues for Trump voters.

I found that movie to be a lot of fun and I think Trump's a prat.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 27, 2020, 02:06:10 AM
i watched killing of a sacred dear after y'alls recommendation, and i was pretty meh about it. well shot, but a bit too weird for my taste
I feel it could be very polarising. It has a weird, stagey tone to a lot of the dialogue at the beginning that can be a bit off-putting, even if it is thematically relevant,

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 27, 2020, 08:20:32 AM
Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 26, 2020, 08:02:37 PM

I found that movie to be a lot of fun and I think Trump's a prat.

I dug that flick and think Trump's even worse than that.  It was much more fun than that Godzilla flick.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Prez on Jul 27, 2020, 06:34:17 AM
Midsommar Not so much watched it but rather skimmed through parts of it.

HOLY SH*T BALLS that is one ultra violent film. I'm usually no problemo with realistic violence on screen but something about this was just so bleak.

Spoiler
The cliff jump sacrifice scene made me squirm big time
[close]

This one stayed  with me for a while, it was a quite a ride for sure.  The ending though -  :o

kwisatz

kwisatz

Concerning Sacred Deer:

Spoiler
Am I the only who can't really comprehend the fact that he doesn't come to the conclusion to whack the wife? I mean I have no kids but I was watching it with the girlfriend and we instantly agreed to whack each other before one of our own kids. This might even apply to random kids not of our own (a lot harder even, but think about it: whacking a child?) . The wife doesn't wann die, survival instinct kicks in, no problem. But him, he gets a lot time to process the whole thing... I dunno 
[close]

Well, it's an extreme situation and the film is not exactly trying slavishly to be realistic. Still it kinda bothered me throughout the film.

Edit: Actually I remember now that we missed the first 10 minutes. Are these not his own kids or something?

Huggs

Huggs

Rio Bravo

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Do I get a prize, Voodoo? I saw both.

Spoiler
The demise of the T-1000 is now up there with Kawalsky's death in SG-1 and the heart removal in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in disturbing scenes I don't want to watch again.
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Star Wars Episodes I-III

One more time I've been proven that it's better to make your own opinion about something. I've watched all three of them in one day, so they kinda blend into one big story for me. It was engaging story. Yeah, dialogue and acting wasn't quite up there at times and amount of CGI sometimes made it feel as videogame cutscene. But it had distinct vision, atmosphere, aesthetic and made SW's seem world so much bigger and broader to me.

Spoiler
Personally, I think the idea of telling Anakin's story and story of Republic's fall was great choice for prequel trilogy. It makes such contrast to OT which is full of "hope" while prequels just go more and more "hopeless". For instance, scene of Anakin's mother death or whole "Execute Order 66" sequence, let alone the final fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan which is among the coolest shit I've seen in any of the SW films

This ^^^ justifies why Palpatine needs to wear hood all the time. Yikes

Also, while watching Gui-Gon duel with Darth Maul (who was complete waste of a villain, tbh) I couldn't think about anything but:

https://youtu.be/qwHZbnl9grI
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed