Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,690 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 24, 2018, 12:04:48 AMAnd there should be a law against using the same songs over and over again in movies. In this case it was AC/DC's Back In Black.

One of the things I love about Miami Vice is that it used at least as many totally obscure songs as it did classics. Probably more, in fact.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Southern Comfort, I saw this around a decade ago give or take, recently watched it and its still as good. That cajun song at the end gets stuck in my head though  :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Gridiron Gang
You almost forget The Rock had hair until you watch his earlier films lol

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 24, 2018, 09:04:27 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 24, 2018, 12:04:48 AMAnd there should be a law against using the same songs over and over again in movies. In this case it was AC/DC's Back In Black.

One of the things I love about Miami Vice is that it used at least as many totally obscure songs as it did classics. Probably more, in fact.

The movie or the series? Movie bored me to death, never really watched the series.

It just pisses me off they're always using the same tunes in movies and on tv.
Especially if you know a little bit about music and realise how many good unknown or lesser known tunes are out there.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 24, 2018, 11:34:41 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 24, 2018, 09:04:27 AM

The movie or the series? Movie bored me to death, never really watched the series.

It just pisses me off they're always using the same tunes in movies and on tv.
Especially if you know a little bit about music and realise how many good unknown or lesser known tunes are out there.

Miami Vice was pretty much a ground breaker as far as music in TV series goes - especially during the 80s. Vice also became a fashion pointer too - from the clothes, look, the cars, everything (even the Amigas used at their Police HQ office). I loved the TV series and whilst the film was a more gritty tone I still enjoyed it.

I remember everyone started wearing pink singlets and white jackets ... and wishing they could drive a white Testarossa ;-)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hell, I've seen maybe four episodes from season one, and even I've thought about aping Crockett's style from time to time. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

I always liked Tommy Vercetti's in Vice City, does that count?  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

As long as he's not Timmy Vermicelli from Driv3r I suppose... :laugh:

Valkyrie

This is pretty good. Not sure why it's so often dismissed.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 25, 2018, 03:17:48 AM
As long as he's not Timmy Vermicelli from Driv3r I suppose... :laugh:

Valkyrie

This is pretty good. Not sure why it's so often dismissed.

:laugh:
I vaguely remember Driver. Crappy GTA rip-off if I'm not mistaken.

Haven't seen Valkyrie. Just can't bother anymore with regular WW2 nazi/war movies. I'm just so tired of the subject. Unless it's something more unusual like Frankenstein's Army, Iron Sky or the Dead Snow movies, I just can't care.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 25, 2018, 01:17:26 AM
Hell, I've seen maybe four episodes from season one, and even I've thought about aping Crockett's style from time to time. :laugh:

HAHAHA.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 24, 2018, 11:34:41 PMThe movie or the series? Movie bored me to death, never really watched the series.

The series. They tended more towards using obscure stuff, particularly by British bands that otherwise had no exposure in the US.

Don't get me wrong, there's still some big artists on the soundtrack, but even when they went with a big name, it was almost never one of their most obvious hits.

Quote from: Prez on May 24, 2018, 11:52:09 PMMiami Vice was pretty much a ground breaker as far as music in TV series goes - especially during the 80s.

Yeah, as I mentioned in the TV show thread, as far as I've ever been able to tell the show practically invented the concept of using popular music to frame the narrative, which you now see all the time.

Quote from: Prez on May 24, 2018, 11:52:09 PMI loved the TV series and whilst the film was a more gritty tone I still enjoyed it.

I quite like the film too. It's a crap adaptation of the series, but as it's own thing I enjoy it. It mostly gets by on it's Michael Mann factor (he's probably my favourite director of all-time).

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 25, 2018, 02:13:35 AMI always liked Tommy Vercetti's in Vice City, does that count?  ;D

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b7/Tommy_Vercetti_from_GTA_Vice_City.png/150px-Tommy_Vercetti_from_GTA_Vice_City.png

You joke, there are so many references to the show in that game I'm surprised they didn't get sued :laugh:

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 25, 2018, 03:17:48 AMAs long as he's not Timmy Vermicelli from Driv3r I suppose... :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You might know already, but that was actually round 2 in a good-natured feud between the developers that started in GTA III - in which there's a character named Tanner (the same name as the protagonist from the first few Driver games) who walks like a woman (mocking the strange walking animation the protagonist had in Driver 2).

Timmy Vermicelli was the Driver team getting their own back - notice the arm bands, mocking the fact Tommy Vercetti would die if he fell in the water.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 25, 2018, 03:22:35 AMI vaguely remember Driver. Crappy GTA rip-off if I'm not mistaken.

Actually the early Driver games pre-dated 3D-era Grand Theft Auto. Loved the first few. Their big selling point over GTA was the fact they had a built-in movie editor feature, so you could record your own car chases and cut together a film. It was quite advanced come the third game. It's just a shame you could never export them as video files.

Notably that idea has now made it's way into GTA V.

Huggs

Huggs

Saving Private Ryan - Blu-Ray. Still good, but it's starting to lose it's impact for me personally. Hard to believe it's been 20 years.

It's a trip though, I remember when they played it "unedited" on regular television once back in the day. It was some special broadcasting, and I can't remember if it was CBS, NBC or ABC. But man, it was just unheard of to hear the F-Word being dropped and see people losing body parts on national television. I can't remember why they played it, but everybody I knew was talking about it and watched it that night. I seem to remember one of the anchors talking about the limited commercial breaks and warning viewers about the content it was going to contain.

EDIT: Apparently it was aired by ABC on Veterans Day and they did it from 2001 to 2004. I watched the first one back in 2001. Never even knew they did it several times.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Deadpool

All dinosaurs feared the T Rex.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Solo: A Star Wars Story
Okay while fun, its kinda bland and safe. I really want to see what Lord and Miller did now. Gonna see this again to solidify my feelings on it

Cell
Wtf, while it had some good moments, its another poor adaptation of King's book. It moves too quickly and also wht was up with that ending or endings?

Jurassic World
Still alot of fun and its cool picking up threads, knowing the little bits about Fallen Kingdom

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Feral (2018)
Very average horror flick about a group of graduates in the woods with zombie/infected types.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed