Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,915 times)

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 24, 2018, 10:43:46 AM
Can't go wrong with an Afrikaner villain.

My favourite line is, "It appears your trophy is ripping us a new orifice!"

Mine is "Next time I cut me a steak."

Epic movie, Huda

Huggs

Huggs

The Ring. Good slow burner, aside from the cheesy opening. Makes me want to watch "one hour photo" again for some reason.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 24, 2018, 07:20:39 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 24, 2018, 12:04:06 AM
American Werewolf in London- first time viewing this movie from beginning to end and really enjoyed it and all its satire. I'm usually not big on werewolf flicks though this may change now. True classic.

Did you spot Rik Mayall from The Young Ones/Bottom?
Other werwolf flicks I recommend: Dog Soldiers, Wer, Late Phases and Wolfcop.
Wolfman with Benicio Del Toro ain't bad either.

I'm not familiar with his work so I didn't notice.  :P

I watched Dog Soldiers years ago and remember it being fun, will have to give it another viewing now that I'm on this kick and thanks for the suggestions! Wer and Late Phases do look entertaining. I'm really want an Evil Dead style werewolf flick, though perhaps American Werewolf in London is the closest I'll get to that type of movie. 

Scorpio

Scorpio

Everest (2015)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Wild Geese

Aside from the Bond wannabe opening credits and the corny theme song, this was great. It was cool seeing Roger Moore be a stone cold badass for once, too, without a slide whistle or double take pigeon in sight. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 25, 2018, 02:21:22 AMIt was cool seeing Roger Moore be a stone cold badass for once, too, without a slide whistle or double take pigeon in sight. :laugh:

The scene where he makes the dealer eat a bag of his own smack and then leaves him to die in agony is cold.

Russ

Russ

That Burton / Harris bit when Harris is running after the plane... :-(

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 25, 2018, 01:18:35 AM

I'm not familiar with his work so I didn't notice.  :P

I watched Dog Soldiers years ago and remember it being fun, will have to give it another viewing now that I'm on this kick and thanks for the suggestions! Wer and Late Phases do look entertaining. I'm really want an Evil Dead style werewolf flick, though perhaps American Werewolf in London is the closest I'll get to that type of movie.

I'd say try an episode of The Young Ones, it's old but gold.

Wolfcop isn't that Evil Dead-ish but it's certainly fun and entertaining.

Russ

Russ

I watched Dog Soldiers only the other day - its still as awesome as it was back in the day.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I say it every time someone mentions Dog Soldiers - the really awesome thing about it is, take out the fanciful stuff about werewolves, and it's probably the most accurate portrayal of British squaddies you're ever likely to see.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 25, 2018, 07:34:48 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 25, 2018, 02:21:22 AMIt was cool seeing Roger Moore be a stone cold badass for once, too, without a slide whistle or double take pigeon in sight. :laugh:

The scene where he makes the dealer eat a bag of his own smack and then leaves him to die in agony is cold.

It even outdoes him kicking the car off the cliff in For Your Eyes Only... and the Maud Adams stuff in Man with the Golden Gun, come to think of it.

Quote from: Russ on Apr 25, 2018, 09:04:01 AM
That Burton / Harris bit when Harris is running after the plane... :-(

Yeah...  :'( Admittedly, I saw that bit coming from his first scene, but it still worked.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 25, 2018, 05:12:08 PM
I say it every time someone mentions Dog Soldiers - the really awesome thing about it is, take out the fanciful stuff about werewolves, and it's probably the most accurate portrayal of British squaddies you're ever likely to see.

So they spend most of their time talking about soccer.  ;)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 25, 2018, 07:38:08 PMSo they spend most of their time talking about soccer.  ;)

You say that... The gag at the end of the film is how the story about the squad getting eaten by werewolves is pushed off the front page by England beating Germany 5-0 :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 25, 2018, 07:44:52 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 25, 2018, 07:38:08 PMSo they spend most of their time talking about soccer.  ;)

You say that... The gag at the end of the film is how the story about the squad getting eaten by werewolves is pushed off the front page by England beating Germany 5-0 :laugh:

Yep.  :laugh:

Russ

Russ

Accident Man. I cannot begin to describe its awesomeness.

Scott Adkins should be a mega-star - I have a man-crush on him.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Red Planet
Very underrated film, quite a diverse cast.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed