Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,522 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

2001: A Space Odyssey  on Blu-ray

I've been watching the various ALIEN features from the ALIEN Anthology,ALIEN Saga..etc. 2001 is mentioned by Ridley,Ivor Powell,Sigourney..etc.     

So I've decided to watch the contemporary films from that period that may or did influence ALIEN.

I haven't seen 2001 since I saw it in the theater. (Yea I'm old :D)  I can remember having someone explain it to me back then :D

I enjoyed it so much more this time. The physical effects so impressive. Amazing Model's. I especially enjoyed the commentary by Keir Dullea & Gary Lockwood. Also in the special features are interviews with Dan O'Bannon,George Lucas,Spielberg,Brian Johnson,Doug Trumball it goes on.. I have not finished all the extra's yet.

I got this from the library but I may just add this to my collection ;D

Next on my viewing list is "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"  Ridley was really impressed with it. This I've NEVER seen. :o

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^As in the original TCM? REALLY?!?! Where you been girlfriend ???

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 12, 2018, 12:55:19 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 11, 2018, 06:02:56 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 11, 2018, 05:23:03 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 11, 2018, 04:21:21 AM
Anchorman

"Today we spell redemption, R-O-N."

"Why don't you go back to your home on whore island?!"

"You look like a blueberry!"

"Im In a Glass Cage of Emotion!"

"The bad man punted Baxter!"

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Mar 12, 2018, 07:02:29 PM
^As in the original TCM? REALLY?!?! Where you been girlfriend ???

I wasn't into the horror films.  :-\   At work I was recently chastised for not seeing the Halloween films :o  So they're on the list too. :laugh:

I was drawn to ALIEN because of a strong female character...not the monster. :o Which I now am quite fond of :laugh:

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

It's all good, there are plenty of classic movies I have not seen yet either. I highly suggest Halloween 4 and 5 btw :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 12, 2018, 07:42:31 PM
Anchorman

"Milk was a bad choice."

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Mar 12, 2018, 06:52:32 PM

2001: A Space Odyssey  on Blu-ray

I've been watching the various ALIEN features from the ALIEN Anthology,ALIEN Saga..etc. 2001 is mentioned by Ridley,Ivor Powell,Sigourney..etc.     

So I've decided to watch the contemporary films from that period that may or did influence ALIEN.

I saw 2001 for the first time recently. Also because of Ridley/Alien.
Kinda glad I didn't see it earlier. I wouldn't have appreciated it like I do now.

Btw, is it me or does the Alien theme sounds like a non-vocal version of the 2001 choir song.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 12, 2018, 08:41:16 PM
I saw 2001 for the first time recently. Also because of Ridley/Alien.
Kinda glad I didn't see it earlier. I wouldn't have appreciated it like I do now.

Btw, is it me or does the Alien theme sounds like a non-vocal version of the 2001 choir song.

YESSS!.... I thought there were some similarities.  There are some cues that they sound very close in there that are in ALIEN . I ordered the soundtrack from the library too. I'm also interested in the original score that Kubrick didn't use.(Its a coincidence  ;) him not using it...but it reminded me of ALIEN's Jerry Goldsmith score that wasn't used.)

Ditto on the appreciation part here too. ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Creed on Blu-ray. Way better than I expected it would be.

Russ

Russ

I'm super excited to see Creed 2 because it has Drago in it. Bearing in mind, its not the 80s anymore - "Rocky Balboa" and subsequently "Creed" were much less "hyper-real" than Rocky IV (and III to be fair, though it WAS the 80s and no one thought it was hyper-real back then).

I am wondering how they're going to treat the Drago character in a realistic way. Will he try to make amends... that kind of thing. Balboa and Creed movies do acknowledge the others have taken place, so I'm really keen to see how they put a realistic bent on that character and situation.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 12, 2018, 08:41:16 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 12, 2018, 07:42:31 PM
Anchorman

"Milk was a bad choice."

"NEWSTEAM, ASSEMBLE!"

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Annihilation (2018)
This was sorta interesting. Some cool elements but overal it wasn't that great.
The flashbacks and relationship angle ruined a lot imo.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Crying Freeman

Shame this doesn't have an official US release. It's crazy stylized, and has Mark Dacascos shooting, stabbing, and kicking people to death.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Watched Coco and Wonder recently, wasn't expecting anything from either of them but I loved both movies and had a good cry during them. Coco is just beautiful, Pixar outdoes themselves again.

And I just realized that Jacob Tremblay plays the main boy in Wonder so I'm even more curious to see how they use him for a Predator movie because he's not a bad little actor.  :)

D88M

D88M

Black Panther:

This movie automatically gets more points for not being a brainless, senseless comedy, and after not one, not two, but THREE shitty mcu movies 2017 (and the mcu quality bar is not even high) this feels like a breath of fresh air. It is mature and serious like the mcu when it started.

The artistic design is great, the casting is great, and is a decent movie all around.

There still lots of forced jokes, but in this movie is at a minimum, it also has bland action scenes with unfinished CGI, and not enough Andy Serkis, and no rhtythm, but that is it. Lot of hyperbolic bullshit reviews though, the villain is generic, and so is the music, unlike what i heard.

Either way, is a good movie that left me satisfied which has not happened to me with a mcu movie in a long time, they can still correct course and give us good Marvel movies, and this is a great step in that direction.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hot Fuzz

"Thish... really... hurtsh..."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed