Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,673 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 24, 2017, 01:11:03 AM
Goodfellas (1990)

The best mob movie ever made.

Classic/10

"What do you mean, funny?"

The first 10 minutes of The Room.

Errrr.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Meh on Goodfellas. The Sopranos made the film redundant in my opinion - covered all the same ground, only much more effectively.

Russ

Russ

I saw "The Girl with All the Gifts". After I watched it, I read the reviews and it seems I'm in a minority. I read a lot of really really positive stuff, but for me - after a brilliant set up the film just went downhill and had a really (really!) poor ending. None of it made any sense - as in the film's logic just didn't add up.

It was really disappointing overall. But the performances were all brilliant - I have to say that: everyone smashed it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Saw Dunkirk at the weekend.

Honestly kinda underwhelmed. It felt like it could've/should've been so much better.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Prez on Jul 24, 2017, 05:50:36 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 24, 2017, 01:11:03 AM
Goodfellas (1990)

The best mob movie ever made.

Classic/10

"What do you mean, funny?"

The first 10 minutes of The Room.

Errrr.
"Am I a clown? Do I amuse you?" Joe Pesci is the only person who could have played that role, hilarious!

"Hi doggy!"
"I did naht hit her, I did naht! Oh hi Mark."

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 24, 2017, 10:29:24 AM"Am I a clown? Do I amuse you?" Joe Pesci is the only person who could have played that role, hilarious!

My favourite story about that is how Pesci went on to film the first Home Alone immediately afterwards, and apparently every time his character got hurt and was supposed to grumble incoherently, he'd instead launch into full Tommy DeVito mode and start hurling expletives. Needless to say they had to cut and go again :laugh:

I've no idea if that's genuinely true, but I certainly hope it is!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

It certainly sounds like something he would do! :P

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Spider-Man: Homecoming
Definitely the best Spider-Man film since Spiderman 2. Tom Holland puts in a great performance and Michael Keaton is superb. Although the film does mess with the MCU timeline a bit, but with some checking, it doesn't do it that much. Not compared to the reaction some people have said anyway

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Superman (1978)

I forgot how downright thirsty Lois Lane is in this. She almost asks Superman how big his dick is. :laugh:

Scorpio

Scorpio

Aeon Flux - I don't think this movie is that bad as some people say.  I would have enjoyed it more if I was a fan of the cartoon, but Charlize Theron is good in it.  Has a certain cheese factor as well.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Hacksaw Ridge.

It's a shame Mel Gibson's a bit of a knob, because he's one hell of an actor/director. This was a superb film. Fantastically inspiring true story as well. (For those who don't know, it's about Desmond Doss, a Christian medic who refused to carry a weapon in WWII and ended up saving 75 men's lives during the Battle of Okinawa and receiving the Medal of Honor for his exploits.) If I had any complaint, it's that the otherwise incredibly brutal battle sequences were slightly spoiled by having people somersaulting through the air after an explosion like it was Commando, but it was a minor quibble. This is still the best war film I've seen in a long time (Dunkirk included).

Vertigo

Vertigo

Yeah, I'll second the notion of preferring Hacksaw Ridge to Dunkirk. Both great films though.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 27, 2017, 09:04:39 AM
Hacksaw Ridge.

It's a shame Mel Gibson's a bit of a knob, because he's one hell of an actor/director. This was a superb film. Fantastically inspiring true story as well. (For those who don't know, it's about Desmond Doss, a Christian medic who refused to carry a weapon in WWII and ended up saving 75 men's lives during the Battle of Okinawa and receiving the Medal of Honor for his exploits.) If I had any complaint, it's that the otherwise incredibly brutal battle sequences were slightly spoiled by having people somersaulting through the air after an explosion like it was Commando, but it was a minor quibble. This is still the best war film I've seen in a long time (Dunkirk included).

Still yet to see Hacksaw Ridge. As for Mel well he certainly has his demons but I'll always have a soft spot for him given my Aussie heritage.

Curious what is your favourite war movie?

Mine is Apocalypse Now. Probably the only war film that isn't really a war film at all in some respects (that's a very long discussion on why I said that too). Really would love to see this film get a 4K remaster of the Redux.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Shaun of the dead. First in the cornetto trilogy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed