Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,631 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

About halfway through X-Men - Days of Future Past (I got tired).

It's still as awesome as the first time around. I don't think I'll ever get bored of seeing McAvoy and Fassbender together on screen.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

All Is Lost  * * *

This film has almost no dialogue. Robert Redford alone in a sail boat that's sinking. I rented it because I was in the mood for quiet. I admire the way he improvises repairs and thinks of ways to help him survive.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Underworld Unrated Extended Cut

Shasvre

Shasvre

Burn After Reading (2008)

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 11, 2014, 07:46:56 PM
Underworld Unrated Extended Cut

First time?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yup. Thought it was pretty fun. A bit convoluted and the werewolf transformations didn't really work for me (the werewolf designs, on the other hand, were fantastic), but I had fun with it. Would have liked to have seen more of the werewolves.

Oh, and Kate Beckinsale :-*

Are any of the sequels worth checking out?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 11, 2014, 09:20:08 PMOh, and Kate Beckinsale :-*

Are any of the sequels worth checking out?

Let that be the answer to your question. ;)

The second and the third film are pretty good. The second film got an interesting look at the mythology and if you liked Lucian, you're probably going to like the third film. The fourth is pretty bad though.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Will have to check them out at some point, then.

They're planning another one, aren't they?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 11, 2014, 09:35:30 PM
Will have to check them out at some point, then.

They're planning another one, aren't they?

Yup, with Kate Beckinsale as Selene once again.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Interstellar

Plot question
Can someone tell me why exactly they needed the quantum data? They already had the means to send ships through to the candidate planets, surely it was just a question of building enough ships of large enough size to handle an evacuation procedure?
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Star Wars - Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)

I never noticed it before, but there is a scene right after they escape the Death Star where Leia puts a blanket around Luke's shoulders that's almost identical to the one in TPM where Padmé puts one around Anakin's shoulders.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

"it rhymes". eh.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Vertigo on Nov 12, 2014, 12:10:18 AM
Interstellar

Plot question
Can someone tell me why exactly they needed the quantum data? They already had the means to send ships through to the candidate planets, surely it was just a question of building enough ships of large enough size to handle an evacuation procedure?
[close]
Spoiler
It takes a shitload of force to get things off the planet; the more force you need, the more fuel; the more fuel, the more mass; the more mass, the more fuel, etc. The number of ships, the amount of fuel, the number of trips, etc would be obscene. The data allowed them to work out a way to say "f**k you" to gravity and get a lot of people airborne quickly.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 12, 2014, 08:32:48 PM
Star Wars - Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)

I never noticed it before, but there is a scene right after they escape the Death Star where Leia puts a blanket around Luke's shoulders that's almost identical to the one in TPM where Padmé puts one around Anakin's shoulders.

Spoiler

Anyways, just watched Blade. I had forgotten how many Fruit Gushers head explosions there are in that movie. :D

First Blood

First Blood

Some motherf**kers are always tryin to ice skate up hill.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 13, 2014, 01:01:51 AM
Some motherf**kers are always tryin to ice skate up hill.

Best one-liner ever. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed