Ridley Scott Regrets Choosing to Direct Alien: Covenant Over Blade Runner: 2049

Started by RidgeTop, Aug 10, 2023, 05:22:16 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Regrets Choosing to Direct Alien: Covenant Over Blade Runner: 2049 (Read 15,841 times)

Adam802

Yeah, we all regret you directing Alien Covenant, Ridley...

In fact we regret Covenant in general. 

Can't believe Blomkamp's at least interesting looking film had to die for that trash.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 10, 2023, 11:08:44 AMCovenant never should have even existed, had they made Prometheus right in the first place.

Yup.  Prometheus sucked so covenant was never going to be good no matter what anyway. Glad the 3rd movie isn't getting made.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 11, 2023, 01:57:53 PMIf only we could have gotten more Raised By Wolves. Who knows, maybe he might have had time to direct one personally in season three... :-\

Raised By Wolves as movies with Prometheus budget 🤤👉👈 I mean, what a dream! ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Hell, I'll take anything. At this rate, I feel like even asking for Guzikowski to get to finish his story in a few graphic novels might be asking too much. :-\

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Adam802 on Aug 11, 2023, 03:09:31 PMCan't believe Blomkamp's at least interesting looking film had to die for that trash.

Lol.
Lmao.

BlueMarsalis79

Alien Covenant lead to the current timeline of other Alien stuff we have been getting so in that respect I could not ask for much better.

Do not like Neill Blomkamp much at all on the other hand.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm a person that does (kinda) like Blomkamp. I'm definitely rooting for him, at least. Not this project, though. Nothing about his Alien movie, from what we had seen, was grabbing me at all. District 9 is very good, and I like Chappie more than most people do. Elysium is a mess (both structurally and in what it is trying to say), but it looks great and there's vision there. I followed all of his Oats stuff (I liked some of those shorts more than I did others, but for the most part, it was all at least interesting in what it was striving for, even if it was a bit half baked), I watched Demonic (it was dire), and I really can't be assed to check out Gran Turismo. But hey, I'm still rooting for the guy. I want to see him take another big swing on a sci-fi project and do something genuinely cool with it. I hope he has it in him.

But yeah, his Alien project just... was never doing it for me. He probably would have been a better fit for the Robocop movie that he got booted off of, though really, I'd rather just see him do something original again.

I'm very happy we got the Gothic horror stab at the franchise from Scott in Covenant over what Blomkamp was trying to get made.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: littlesprout on Aug 11, 2023, 02:23:49 AMSeriously sick of this joker keeping a foot in the Alien universe.

Now see the door, and make sure it doesn't hit your ass on the way out!

So the guy who auteured the best and third/fourth best film in the franchise should just f*ck off because the direction he is taking the franchise don't align with your own views?

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 12, 2023, 08:15:51 AM
Quote from: littlesprout on Aug 11, 2023, 02:23:49 AMSeriously sick of this joker keeping a foot in the Alien universe.

So the guy who auteured the best and third/fourth best film in the franchise should just f*ck off because the direction he is taking the franchise don't align with your own views?

SiL

The guy who directed the best film hasn't existed for decades, as people change over time. The other dude, people aren't so keen on.

David Weyland

It is the godawful made for tv like dialogue and patchy characterisation that is the poison that unfortunately permeates the prequels.
It's not Ridley's concepts and vision
Think they restored some gravitas after AR & the AVPs at least

None the less he's the director so responsibility obviously is totally on him for where they're lacking.

BlueMarsalis79

littlesprout

On the contrary it's him literally telling the fan base he could give a rats ass less about alien. He's been this way for years so why does he stick around the alien franchise? Seems egotistical of him to me.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SiL on Aug 12, 2023, 10:26:47 AM

The guy who directed the best film hasn't existed for decades, as people change over time. The other dude, people aren't so keen on.

Nope, still the same guy. Give him a good script to work from and he still works magic.

I'll grant you, he's much older now, so obviously doesn't have the same stamina and energy anymore but experience can somewhat compensate for that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed