Mejican Alien Warrior Boothleg Evolution

Started by frankaster, Jul 23, 2011, 12:10:03 AM

Author
Mejican Alien Warrior Boothleg Evolution (Read 941 times)

frankaster

frankaster

a long time ago Mcfarlane released the Alien resurection warrior (let's abrebiate it to ARW)... then someone on "tepito" bought it and replicate it...
with interesting results

many years ago i found this toys on "tiangis" kind of a weekly bazaar you found once each week

this is a pretty straight forward ARW rip off, but this time it included a hive diorama base with a facehugger, then they used a custom made face huggers bigger than the originals, for $35.00 pesos  was a pretty neat deal, specially since all mcfarlane stuff is pretty hard to find and overpriced to $650.00pesos back then in 2005

pics

face huggers

then for some reason they swapped heads with some kenner and the original alien (without dome)  I think just for creating variety, or avoiding trademarks, this was the list time you can find a cool alien in a pretty affrodable price and cuantities for creating a massive hive diorama, or to mutilate them without mercy!!

kind of cool

i think a few years latter in order to avoid moar " controversy" they felt confident enough to create their own sculpts, you can still see they used as base the ARW,  for some unkow reason the "face" is removable

well at least they try to do their own figure don't you think, next this is thing (dear god)

then they returned to the other one but fixed the color...  if's not broken not fix it!

I think there are newer sculpts, even some from the avp2  but i lost interest in collecting crap... 
so this is the little sad story of alien bootlegs on Mejico City, why i wrote mexico with "j" because i know you pronouce it with x and that makes me mad for some reason, because mexico is written in latin actually, where X equals J in their phonetic form.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed