1979 alien toy commercial

Started by EEV2650, May 23, 2009, 07:22:39 PM

Author
1979 alien toy commercial (Read 2,885 times)

EEV2650

EEV2650

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

That was a great find!

I never saw it the first time around. ;)

I love how they marketed the toys from an "R" rated film for kids!

I'll have to remember to close the shutters to keep Aliens out! ;) :D

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

DO WANT!!

Seriously though I'll never understand why they market this stuff for us. It's like they want us to become serial killers ;)

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

its all about milking that cash cow Deathbearer.

EEV2650

EEV2650

I'm going to try to track one of these figures down today. I like how you can see the skull eye sockets through the dome on this figure. Like darwinsgirl said for now on if i see an alien i'm going to trap it in a beam of light  ;D

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Holy Shet!!! $700 for that?!

well the skull/brain does look better then the 18" NECA's ALIEN. but I'll stick with the 9" and 18" GIGER ALIEN.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

"Give up, ALIEN can't be beat!" I really can't recall alien ever saying that, or anything at all, haha, a cheesy commercial.

But it makes me wonder, why the hell they aimed this stuff for kids, its why the figure was taken of the shelves, it scared the crap out of children, but the figure is a definite must have for any collector.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Jun 01, 2009, 12:07:36 AM
"Give up, ALIEN can't be beat!" I really can't recall alien ever saying that, or anything at all, haha, a cheesy commercial.

But it makes me wonder, why the hell they aimed this stuff for kids, its why the figure was taken of the shelves, it scared the crap out of children, but the figure is a definite must have for any collector.

Yep, you are correct. If I remember, the ALIEN in the movie CLEARLY said, "Give up, ALIEN cannot be destroyed".

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on May 28, 2009, 03:11:41 PM
Holy Shet!!! $700 for that?!

well the skull/brain does look better then the 18" NECA's ALIEN. but I'll stick with the 9" and 18" GIGER ALIEN.

What do you expect?

Its from 1979.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Not to mention I heard these babies crack easily, it's hard to find one in good, mint condition.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I saw a seller actually selling the instruction leaflet thing that came with the figure for about £40 or something crazy.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Jun 01, 2009, 12:25:25 AM
I saw a seller actually selling the instruction leaflet thing that came with the figure for about £40 or something crazy.

For instructions?! Holy..

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Yeah, the 79 Kenner is merely a faroff someday dream for me at the moment. The commercial is brilliant though. thanks for the find.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Love the commercial, love how the kids were using it to scare each other. Pretty impressive looking too for being made in '79.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed