About the Predators in Predator 1 & 2 and AVP

Started by yautja99, Jan 15, 2007, 04:36:52 AM

Author
About the Predators in Predator 1 & 2 and AVP (Read 14,213 times)

yautja99

Are the main Predators teenagers in Predator 1 & 2 and AVP?.

SiL

If you actually listen to Anderson, then the first two were mere children, and the AvP Predators were older teenagers.

Personally I don't see why they can't all just be the same age.

ButtZilla

Because Anderson screwed up big time with "his version" of so called predaterian history....  blah...

why can't they just go with what the  thomas brothers wrote....?  >:(

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: SiL on Jan 15, 2007, 09:03:20 AM
If you actually listen to Anderson, then the first two were mere children, and the AvP Predators were older teenagers.

Personally I don't see why they can't all just be the same age.

Bullshit. First one was adult, experienced, P2 was probably teen, or young adult.

yautja99

Do the Predators have Ranks?

Unblooded Predator
Young blooded Predator
Blooded Predator
Warrior Predator
Honored Predator
Elder Predator

Because I wonder if they have ranks in the movies?

Meathead320

I am pretty damn sure that the P2 Pred had already killed an Alien.

Seeing how there was the head of one in his trophy case.

I see the ones in AVP as young adults, fully grown. Still have higher levels of hormones making them bigger and more massive. Possibly they will slim down a little in a fe years.

The Pred that will be in AVP2 will be slimmer than the ones in AVP1, and he is supposed to be a more experienced warrior.

Corporal Hicks

We can get around this blooding crap the same way we get around the different facial designs. Different clans. Each clan has it's own blooding ritual and therefore it has it's own mark. Even if we never saw the lightning bolt on the P1/2 Predators, the P2 one obviously had a skull in it's trophy case while the P1 Predator showed far more experience.

There's noway that the AvP Predators were more experienced than the P1 one.

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 15, 2007, 08:02:50 PM
We can get around this blooding crap the same way we get around the different facial designs. Different clans. Each clan has it's own blooding ritual and therefore it has it's own mark. Even if we never saw the lightning bolt on the P1/2 Predators, the P2 one obviously had a skull in it's trophy case while the P1 Predator showed far more experience.

There's noway that the AvP Predators were more experienced than the P1 one.

I totally agree.

ButtZilla

The AVP predators just seemed so dumb, they are inexperienced but still, bulky and cumbersome, wwf wrestlers more like.. lack stealth

Newsfop

I would whole-heartedly agree that the predators in AVP were far more more novice than the first two. I mean one of them got killed straight away, and the same alien killed the Celtic not soon after. And as far as the third one is concerned, he showed the most skill of anything "seen" but he was a ticking time bomb himself with the embryo inside him.

YautjaWarrior

If Anderson got one thing right, it was making the Predators seem like teenagers; I flinch everytime I watch the fight scene between the Celtic Pred and the Grid Alien. The Predator Is just standing there swiping at this alien! (not mention the fact he MISSES each time!  >:()

davebhamuk

I love on the AVP dvd where anderson says that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who watched the Alien and Predator films more than him. I mean the guy got it totally arse backwards. He rips the blooding idea from the AVP comics/novels and then forgets that in the novels the aliens were regarded as easier to kill than humans because humans were cunning and had technology while an alien is more predictable.

Dont get me wrong an Alien is miles more fiercesome than any human but a fully armoured and experienced predator would be able to take one out unlike Celtic and Chopper in AVP.

Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Jan 15, 2007, 09:03:20 AM

The Predator in the 1st movie was an adult. Im not sure about Pred 2. But its definitley older than the Pred's in AvP.

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: davebhamuk on Jan 16, 2007, 11:42:28 PM
I love on the AVP dvd where anderson says that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who watched the Alien and Predator films more than him.

AS he ever seen an ALIEN and PREDATOR forum, Anderson is so full of shit.

PrimeTimeTaylor

Here's my view:

The Preds of the the first two movies are more experienced than those found in AvP (with Pred 1 having the edge over Pred2). These Pred ventured solo into their hunting grounds with no backup to hunt the ultimate prey, humans (my opinion, not sure what the majority view is on this board). In AvP, if we forget that the entire point of any Preds going into the temple is to be "blooded" thereby making them younger, the Preds enter in a pack of three with a lot of equipment + the shoulder cannons they were suppose to get.

There's also the difference in hunting style. Pred 1 & 2, especially Pred 1, hunted smart while the AvP Preds just kinda ran at stuff.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed