Live Updates from the Predators Press Conference

Started by Darkoo, Jul 01, 2010, 07:20:02 PM

Author
Live Updates from the Predators Press Conference (Read 10,879 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Raptor on Jul 01, 2010, 09:38:26 PM
QuoteRodriguez: For the title... Didn't reference the other sequels and AvP because they didn't exist when he first wrote the script. Predators to Predator is like Aliens to Alien. If there was a sequel, it would be Predators with a subtitle.

Yes I read that part, but I also read the second half you didn't bold.

I swear, I keep on getting confused, I hear that it's a stand alone, then I hear it's the sixth in a series, then it's back again all over.

-Rakai'Thwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Captain Salt on Jul 01, 2010, 09:40:32 PM
Also, why does the totem pole that Classic is tied to have the same marking as the inside of the ship from Predator 2?

What markings inside of the ship of Predator 2?

If you're referring to the pillars in the ship, I didn't see any markings.

-Rakai'Thwei

Captain Salt

Captain Salt

^^^
Should have been more specific; IMO, the totem looks like it has the same kind-of surface as the walls in the ship from Pred 2...but it's not really that apparent, thus I deleted the comment.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 01, 2010, 09:39:59 PM
QuoteRodriguez: For the title... Didn't reference the other sequels and AvP because they didn't exist when he first wrote the script. Predators to Predator is like Aliens to Alien. If there was a sequel, it would be Predators with a subtitle.

I swear, I keep on getting confused, I hear that it's a stand alone, then I hear it's the sixth in a series, then it's back again all over.

-Rakai'Thwei

It's not mutually exclusive. It's chronologically the fifth film in a series, but story-wise it's stemming from the original.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Captain Salt on Jul 01, 2010, 09:42:15 PM
It's not mutually exclusive. It's chronologically the fifth film in a series, but story-wise it's stemming from the original.

So it's kind of like Highlander III then.. It ignores the previous sequel, while being the third entry in the series, but follows up from the original, right?

Sorry, I am just so confused by what people are telling me and what I read.

-Rakai'Thwei

Captain Salt

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 01, 2010, 09:44:08 PM
Quote from: Captain Salt on Jul 01, 2010, 09:42:15 PM

So it's kind of like Highlander III then.. It ignores the previous sequel, while being the third entry in the series, but follows up from the original, right?

Pretty much. Even though it's the fifth film, I think they want it to feel like it's fresh and works either as it's own thing and/or as a sequel to Predator 1.

It's not to say that the others didn't happen, they're just not referred to. It's kind-of like how Star Trek III was a direct follow-up to Star Trek II, and did not make mention of Star Trek: The Motion Picture simply because that's not the territory they were dealing with.

CEP

I think you're just confusing yourself. What RR said every time he mentioned this made sense...

Its the sequel to Predator. And Ignores Predator 2- AvP-R,

RakaiThwei

Quote from: CEP on Jul 01, 2010, 09:48:32 PM
Its the sequel to Predator. And Ignores Predator 2- AvP-R,

That's what I've been thinking when I first heard of all of this..

Until people kept telling me otherwise.

Quote from: Captain Salt on Jul 01, 2010, 09:48:17 PM
Pretty much. Even though it's the fifth film, I think they want it to feel like it's fresh and works either as it's own thing and/or as a sequel to Predator 1.

Okay that makes sense then.

Quote from: Captain Salt on Jul 01, 2010, 09:48:17 PM
It's not to say that the others didn't happen, they're just not referred to. It's kind-of like how Star Trek III was a direct follow-up to Star Trek II, and did not make mention of Star Trek: The Motion Picture simply because that's not the territory they were dealing with.

I didn't see Star Trek II or III... at least, in years anyway. So I don't know how that analogy fits in but... Okay!

-Rakai'Thwei

CEP

Who ever is screwing with you, suck. Heh. It's always been the sequel to Predator.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: CEP on Jul 01, 2010, 09:56:08 PM
Who ever is screwing with you, suck. Heh. It's always been the sequel to Predator.

Blame the idiot who works on the PREDATORS Wikipedia, blame IMDB, and blame some close friends of mine who are also die hard fans of the franchise.

-Rakai'Thwei

CEP

Silly people. :D

RakaiThwei

Quote from: CEP on Jul 01, 2010, 10:08:46 PM
Silly people. :D

Which brings me to some relief.

Now I can watch this film and with the mind to either take it or leave it since it's more or less a different route in the series.

-Rakai'Thwei

Raptor

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 01, 2010, 09:39:59 PM

-Rakai'Thwei

I think its closer to what Singer tried to do with Superman Returns but failed and that was going after Superman 2 basically making a sequel reboot if you like,well thats its what I understand of it anyway,not much like ignoring Predator 2 but like he had the idea before it and didnt want it to remade it just because of it.

Nothing to be worry about.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Raptor on Jul 01, 2010, 10:14:30 PM
I think its closer to what Singer tried to do with Superman Returns but failed and that was going after Superman 2 basically making a sequel reboot if you like,well thats its what I understand of it anyway,not much like ignoring Predator 2 but like he had the idea before it and didnt want it to remade it just because of it.

So you're just confirming what I've been thinking over a year.

....Makes it more relieving for me to accept this as a different route.  :)

-Rakai'Thwei

Firestorm

With regards to weather it is important or not that this is a sequel, reboot or remake, or whatever.

I remember watching Batman Begins for the first time, knowing the state the Batman franchise was in after the previous couple of films.

The feeling of awesomeness over just how well that film totally re-invigorated the Batman franchise into something deep, dark and powerful yet still fairly grounded in reality blew me away, then of course the Dark Knight came along and the rest was history.

I remember thinking that if they could do that with Batman, then surely the Predator franchise still had hope?

And thats what i have been hoping this film does, regardless of weather its a sequel or a reboot or a remake, just let me see a "Predator" movie again, and make it scary, and serious, and im sold :D

Mike The Wolf

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 01, 2010, 10:18:22 PM
Quote from: Raptor on Jul 01, 2010, 10:14:30 PM

So you're just confirming what I've been thinking over a year.

....Makes it more relieving for me to accept this as a different route.  :)

-Rakai'Thwei

Glad your happy buddy :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed