New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 306,095 times)

Mike The Wolf

I know some people will agree with me and some will not but those masks are ugly and where's their netting? I read on a site one time maybe Wiki that the netting is a heater for them and is part of the cloaking system. I wonder what their reason is to not have the netting on the Predators. Were these pics taken on a day they were trying on their suits for the first time to get the feel of it before everything was on the suits?

Doomofman

Doomofman

Nothing about the netting has ever been established in the movies so it doesn't matter... I do wish they had it though

Also the guy in the Pred suit on his own without the mask... Look at his stomach... Is that a scar from the two blades of a predators gauntlet?

BUGZ

Looks like he has a dead fish strapped to his crotch!  :o

I sure hope this is good and not another AVP: Requeum TV movie with big effects ...

Bri :P

Remonster

AVPGalaxy was mentioned on Aintitcool. Pretty good stuff. Not sure where i stand with these Super Predators.

Yautja161

O boy..

I was looking forward to the day the 1st pics from some predators arrived.
Cant say im impressed.

Those shots with those 3 predators ( superpredators )...
Just look at their proportions?!?!?!
They look like buffed with steroids and with their heads way too big.

Specially that pred at the right who doesnt even have a neck, short legs and a head , like i said, way too big!

At the other side, that pred u see in the back ground of that actor, that pred looks just great, like the Predator from Predator 1.

I hope those 3 preds will look way differend in the actual movie then we see in these pictures.
They really look like some 6 foot tall guys wanna wear costumes with original sized pred masks.

Keith

Maybe the Super Predators look so "bland" here because they intend to do something incredible to them in post. Sort of like when Lex and Sebastian wore those real bright jackets on the set of AVP so that PWSA could later wash out the colors in order to get a certain look.

Also, is it possible they can make these Predators look taller on screen? Probably if they're only digital right?

tigerija

Predator helmets look way to big for me xD. Its hilarius . haha

BUGZ

Who's behind the special effects on this romp? ADI or Winston Studio's ?

Bri :o

Corporal Hicks

KNB is it?

dallevalle

i cant belive people still are bitching when we finally have gotten some set pics even insanely kick ass cool set pics where the preds looks freaking bad ass but i guess people just want to bitch for the sake of it

Doomofman

Quote from: dallevalle on Jan 16, 2010, 03:17:23 PM
i cant belive people still are bitching when we finally have gotten some set pics even insanely kick ass cool set pics where the preds looks freaking bad ass but i guess people just want to bitch for the sake of it

Welcome to the world of the fan boy... Frankly... I don't care what anyone else thinks... I like what I'm seeins so I'll enjoy the movie...

tikiman

Nice going Oleg. Glad it wasn't one of us crew that leaked the first pics on the net. We were told constantly not to take photos on the set and had to sign a confidentiality agreement not to disclose what we shot on the set. Bonehead.

dallevalle

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 16, 2010, 03:18:23 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on Jan 16, 2010, 03:17:23 PM

Welcome to the world of the fan boy... Frankly... I don't care what anyone else thinks... I like what I'm seeins so I'll enjoy the movie...

that is just so sad that people can bitch so much when right infront of them you see these insane great predators first people are scared and bitches about how they dont want the preds to look like mutant freaks then finally when we get them wow they look actully pretty normal THEN !! people bitches over that for gods sake ..... well at least we are 2 there im going to enjoy this movie too for sure !!!! ^^ i always had fait in this movie.

Yautja161

Quote from: tikiman on Jan 16, 2010, 03:22:57 PM
Nice going Oleg. Glad it wasn't one of us crew that leaked the first pics on the net. We were told constantly not to take photos on the set and had to sign a confidentiality agreement not to disclose what we shot on the set. Bonehead.

So Oleg Taktarov is in some shit now huh?
Breaking the contract rules... :D

Dusk

How about people have valid reasons not to be wowed out of their socks? The Winston Predator looks great, but the 3 other Preds kinda have weird proportions with heads that look way too massive. Who knows how they'll look in post-production, with the right lighting and filmed from the right angle? But right now, they look weird.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed