AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 325,330 times)

War Wager

War Wager

As long as the Aliens are in character it's sound.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: alexpj19 on Feb 05, 2009, 10:26:33 AM
well predator will kick some aliens asses , but it doesnt mean its gonna be easy, he'll get slapped around a few times too :)

Hate to say it Alex, but that's what the BS said, and uh, look where that got us...

War Wager

War Wager

Yeah, and their definition of Wolf getting 'f**ked up' is having a pole impale his leg. :P

alexpj19

alexpj19

in every fight im trying to find a balance, if its a long range battle than predator uses weapons and alien dies fast, if its up close fight than predator gets slapped around in it but still wins, cause he needs to get to the queen some how, right. so i hear what all of you are saying and trying to take it in consideration.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Long as you understand our concern :)

alexpj19

alexpj19

i do , how ever im debating about this idea i have. i  relly want to do one scene where predator goes on a rampage and kills like 5 aliens with in 30 seconds. with explanation of how he was able to do that. what do u guys think, wanna see it or not?

SiL

SiL

Depends on the explanation.

Anything short of "He shoots them all from a distance" and I'm leaning towards no.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

its your movie Alex. if you got an Idea you like to try. do it.

but yeah, as long as you explain why he goes bonkers I'm sure it'll work.

SiL

SiL

Heheh ... heh ... no.

The Bros explained why Wolf was able to do the stuff he did.

Did it work?

No. It was still retarded.

Chris P

Chris P

@ Alex,

Just don't make it too easy.  Also, keep the "Alien Essense" alive.  The AVP films ruined that.  Aliens are silent, deadly, almost impossible to kill (going by A L I E N), so make it a struggle.  Also, notice how all the Preds die at the end?  Well, maybe you could have him survive, to break away from the trend.

All in all, it's up to you, I would just say to remember the species in how they were "meant" to be, not how the AVP films F***ed them up.  ;)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteI would just say to remember the species in how they were "meant" to be
Then he has to go by the original Predator as well, which is the stalking killing machine that's a bitch to kill and can rip you apart with its bare hands.
The footage he has shown us so far speaks against it already, it looks very AvP´ish with all the code of Honor shit that's going around. I want to see them used as tools again, i don't want to follow him half the movie and see every single motivation that makes him do things.
I want to see the Demon like Predators from the first two movies back, that are almost like ghosts in their appearance, they know where you are and they pop up and you're the hunted.
People always complain about the Aliens portrayed wrong, but so is the Predator.
Quotealmost impossible to kill (going by A L I E N)
That's not a very good example, what did they have to defend themselves? A selfmade flamethrower that when you shot it it caused more damage to the ship then to anything else. All they could do was run away or hide and trying to blast it out of the airlock.
Going by that there is no indication to say that its almost impossible to kill. Neither going by the other movies especially Aliens, which is an Aliens bitchslap fest.

War Wager

War Wager

I'd like to think AvP kept the Aliens in their grounds. The Grid fight is pretty accurate on how an Alien would try and kill a Predator. Attacks it up front but when it realises that isn't working, it uses it's enviroment.

As for the Predator, I've never liked this 'honor' thing. If it kills an unarmed foe then I wouldn't think it would really give a toss.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteI'd like to think AvP kept the Aliens in their grounds. The Grid fight is pretty accurate on how an Alien would try and kill a Predator.
But then again, i don't think it was accurate of how a Predator would fight an Alien.
The only good move was to remove the Aliens tail, that's about it. Otherwise it behaved like a wrestler or exactly what it was, a short couchpotato in a rubber suit. Sometimes like both at the same time.

SiL

SiL

How else was it going to fight the thing?

Its blades melted off, it had no spear, the net is useless at extreme close range and it had no gun. All it could hope to do was beat the shit out of the thing, which it tried to do in spades.

Unless you wanted it to break out the martial arts ;)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteHow else was it going to fight the thing?
Anything that doesn't look like a wrestler that has overweight is welcome.

QuoteIts blades melted off
And that was a failure to begin with. A species that fights Aliens for thousands of years, that has managed to create space travel technology and has a highly defensive weapon system isn't able to enhance their weapons to make it acid proof? Very unlikely.

Quotethe net is useless at extreme close range
Given the scene where the Predator shoots the net while the Alien is jumping at him in high speed i would say the net works pretty good at close range. there is the scene while they just stand there and the alien is snorting at him, there was enough opportunity to use the net gun.

Quoteit had no spear
It was right next to him sticking in Colin Salmon , all he had to do is to just grab it.

QuoteAll it could hope to do was beat the shit out of the thing, which it tried to do in spades.
And there would be nothing wrong with it when he would at least try to kill it. It was on the ground, he had thick sandales, try to crush the head, rip its inner jaw out while its on the ground, just do something to kill the thing.. but Noooo.

QuoteUnless you wanted it to break out the martial arts
I just wanted it to behave like something that knows what its doing. And there comes the agile problem. Its just standing there letting itself getting fooled by the Aliens tail or even falling to the ground instead of jumping in the air to avoid something like that.
When Predators don't have weapons they become fighters, they punch and use their shattering strength, give the Alien a good swing like the first one did with dutch, let nothing untried to harm the thing, not tackle it or roll on the floor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed