Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 01, 2018, 12:00:49 PM

Author
Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators! (Read 55,592 times)

Still Collating...

I took as to be implied that the Upgrade has ocular implants. At least, hope that was the point.

SiL

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 03, 2019, 10:21:19 PM
Wonder why they didn't consider to do the same for the masks. They simply gave the emissaries the same helmet the Fugitive had.
Great question. ADI had nothing to do with the masks this time around; it was the production designer who was in charge of the armour for the suits. Even ADI wasn't entirely sure why, but guessed it had to do with tax incentives.

Highland

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 04, 2019, 12:56:41 AM
I took as to be implied that the Upgrade has ocular implants. At least, hope that was the point.

Yeah the Upgrade sees the biohelmet through his eyes. Super dumb considering the multitude of things the Biohelmet was used for.

You know maybe they just design the Predators to be deliberately ugly, thinking that's what made the first one good. It's the only explanation on why they keep getting it mad wrong.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Highland on Feb 04, 2019, 03:46:36 AM

Yeah the Upgrade sees the biohelmet through his eyes. Super dumb considering the multitude of things the Biohelmet was used for.

You know maybe they just design the Predators to be deliberately ugly, thinking that's what made the first one good. It's the only explanation on why they keep getting it mad wrong.

The pred killer suit is a prime example of how overcomplicated designs are bad.

Highland

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 04, 2019, 04:02:40 AM

The pred killer suit is a prime example of how overcomplicated designs are bad.

Not to mention why wouldn't the Predators also have all the tech that's on the predator killer suit? Ugh this movie.

It would have made more sense if the black goo was in the Pod, I'm not joking.

SiL

Why would he not just be wearing the suit, since it literally forms out of one wrist gauntlet. That can fly.

I mean ... in the time it took him to eject the pod, he could've just put the suit on and solved the plot in the intro.

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 05:06:30 AM
Why would he not just be wearing the suit, since it literally forms out of one wrist gauntlet. That can fly.

I mean ... in the time it took him to eject the pod, he could've just put the suit on and solved the plot in the intro.

Wrong size. Only came in a 32.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Highland on Feb 04, 2019, 05:39:24 AM

LMAO

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Highland on Feb 04, 2019, 05:39:24 AM

Damn his excessive Christmas Weight

Voodoo Magic

They're using bio-contact lenses now? Or bio-ocular implants? Prrdators certainly would have the technological means to do something like that. Of course, it's insanely frustrating that we are left trying to make sense of it.

QuoteYou know maybe they just design the Predators to be deliberately ugly, thinking that's what made the first one good. It's the only explanation on why they keep getting it mad wrong.

And talk about insanely frustrating.  ;D Maybe it's just ADI's stamp on the creature, and their general consensus is it looks wonderful while the majority of the Predator fanbase remains terribly frustrated with their output.

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, I've subscribed to the implant idea since Predator 2 when City Hunter lost his mask and was still seeing in IR.

SiL

He was still seeing in IR in the original. Just shitty, unfiltered IR. The cameras they were using had trouble distinguishing the actors from the environment, so they had to splash ice water on the location and heat up the actors despite the already oppressive temperature on location.

Corporal Hicks

I still love that tidbit. But for sake of clarity:

Honestly, I've subscribed to the implant idea since Predator 2 when City Hunter lost his mask and was still seeing in filtered/clean IR.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2019, 02:21:32 PM
Honestly, I've subscribed to the implant idea since Predator 2 when City Hunter lost his mask and was still seeing in IR.

To be fair, they don't see like we do. They see on a different spectrum of light. The mask just greatly enhances their natural ability. They more or less have eyes like rattlesnakes. But the fact the upgrade can see as if he has a biomask is still unexplained and unanswered.

This movie did confirm that the dreadlocks are a sensory organ, like a cat's whiskers.

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2019, 02:30:31 PM
I still love that tidbit. But for sake of clarity:

Honestly, I've subscribed to the implant idea since Predator 2 when City Hunter lost his mask and was still seeing in filtered/clean IR.

But he's seeing unfiltered IR in the second one, too. They're just actually in a cold environment, not a sweltering jungle. The issue in the original is that the ambient temperature was too close to the actors' temperature, whereas there's obviously a big difference between a meat locker and an active, sweaty dude.

We also only see Harrigan against the fog in the ship from memory, which would appear black to IR compared to his clearer heat signature.

/annoyingpedantry

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed