The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Oct 02, 2014, 10:36:46 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 110,003 times)

Hudson

Hudson

Would like to see some reviews of the preorder stuff.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Sounds good. To knock points off because it's hard doesn't make sense when the developer billed it as hard. Dark souls gets reviewers jizzing on its difficulty. Not looking forward to the human enemy sections but a game of this length needs an enemy shift at some point. As for the story being a rehash, not a problem if it is still entertaining.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 03, 2014, 05:04:42 PM

Me too. Nobody seems to have mentioned it. I'm wondering if it's not on the disc but you have to actually download it on the release day.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 03, 2014, 05:05:04 PM
To knock points off because it's hard doesn't make sense when the developer billed it as hard. Dark souls gets reviewers jizzing on its difficulty.

But DS is hard because of your lack of skill (for that section). While A:I apparently is cheaply difficult ->

What is this!?

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 03, 2014, 05:06:28 PM
Quote from: Hudson on Oct 03, 2014, 05:04:42 PM

Me too. Nobody seems to have mentioned it. I'm wondering if it's not on the disc but you have to actually download it on the release day.

I'm guessing that's how it'll go down.

Kind of funny that one of the main gripes so far seems to be that the game is hard...shouldn't it be...? ACM was mind-numbingly easy and boring with no tension at all.

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 03, 2014, 05:08:24 PM
To knock points off because it's hard doesn't make sense when the developer billed it as hard. Dark souls gets reviewers jizzing on its difficulty.

But DS is hard because of your lack of skill (for that section). While A:I apparently is cheaply difficult ->

http://a.pomf.se/vllqpw.gif

What is this!?

"In a couple of places, we have seen the NPCs and Alien losing correct path-finding. This can result in clipping through, or becoming stuck on the geometry within the level. Similarly, during encounters with androids, a struggle may result in the player becoming pushed back into the geometry, with the potential to become stuck."

I'm guessing the suddenly-seeking-and-searching to magically-teleports-behind-you thing will be addressed as well.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

What is this!?

Oh is that happening. Hopefully that will get patched as soon as. dark souls has claimed two of my controllers and a small to.

Predatorium

Predatorium

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 03, 2014, 05:15:38 PM

What is this!?

Oh is that happening. Hopefully that will get patched as soon as. dark souls has claimed two of my controllers and a small to.

That .gif was pretty alarming, hopefully that gets addressed soon. Don't like cheap deaths.

That Yellow Alien

I wonder if the reviewers got the patch.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Wasn't the patch intended to be released on October 7th?

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Assuming they didn't get the patch, that means gameplay can be affected. Patch was suppose to be a "day 1" patch.

Darkness

Darkness

In the Verge review, they mention the lip sync issues so I guess they didn't get the patch.

robbritton

robbritton

Ha! Even the IGNs can't agree!
http://it.ign.com/m/alien-isolation-pc/85815/review/lorrore-xenomorfo-di-alien-isolation
8/10

EDIT: ah, this was already mentioned. Sorry!

Space Sweeper

Quote from: newbeing on Oct 03, 2014, 02:28:38 PM
IGN's twitter post for Alien Isolation feels like click bait.

QuoteAlien: Isolation isn't a good game. :/

Our review:

Such prose
IGN reviews like an old lady with dementia who is being constamtly reassurred that she is doing things A-OKAY, and GameSpot is the distamt, tired, and perpetually grumpy husband who still clings to life because he wants to believe the world still cares enough about him to change its way altogether, so he'll slouch about and be a negative old ass until everyone notices.

What I'm trying to say is, they're over-recognized (even by me, because of the early/exclusive stuff), inconsistent, and poorly elaborated review sites.

Keep it locked for more wildly broken meaningless review scores, put on record by scattershot standards!

Randomizer

Randomizer

Alien Isolation got 79 for PS4 on Metacritic and 75 for the Xbox One . No reviews for X360 or PS3 yet. They've been posted recently.

Spoiler
PC , you won this time .
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed