Started by Gates, Oct 17, 2007, 12:50:34 AM

Author
Dune Remake (Read 162,574 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

I blame @Local Trouble

Gazz

Gazz

WB is worried that they won't get the young crowd without Chalamet and Zendeya headlining the publicity. It's their own damn fault.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: kwisatz on Aug 24, 2023, 10:22:57 PMI blame @Local Trouble

I made some calls.  I told them you're not ready to have your innocence taken away.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Dune: Part Two moving to March must also mean that we're really in this for the long haul, if the WB isn't seeing a resolution in time to start promoting the film for its November release. Warner Bros (and all the rest of the studios, too) has totally dug its feet in the dirt and is just refusing to budge or hear either Guild's demands in any capacity right now... :-\ f**k all of the big studios and their heads at this point, this is so vile and moving Dune: Part Two into next year like this is another shitty maneuver on their part to put all of the bargaining chips right where they want them in order to try to weaponize the strikes in their own advantage; I really hope move backfires on WB and the rest studios.

This is also twice over now that Denis Villeneuve is getting f**ked over by Warner Bros on a Dune release. Obviously the first one had to move because of COVID, but then after that WB ended up saddling it with the day and date HBO Max release. Chris Nolan already walked away from Warner Bros. I wonder if Denis could end up being next?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I just question how important all the actor promotions actually are to the box office. I mean, how many films have bombed this year alone that have had the promotions in place?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Just look at Oppenheimer. It did spectacular at the box office as R rated movie without proper promotion. Moving Dune to March is nonsense. What's the point?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 25, 2023, 01:50:05 AMJust look at Oppenheimer. It did spectacular at the box office as R rated movie without proper promotion. Moving Dune to March is nonsense. What's the point?

I wonder if Napoleon's release date is going to swift as well? Haven't seen any indications yet and it's now three months out from release.

Vanessa Kirby is British and Scott isn't busy with Gladiator so they at least would be able to participate in the press tour.

Also less competition at the box office for Napoleon with Dunc II removed from the November slot.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 25, 2023, 01:50:05 AMJust look at Oppenheimer. It did spectacular at the box office as R rated movie without proper promotion. Moving Dune to March is nonsense. What's the point?
Oppenheimer had millions of dollars worth of free advertising with Barbenheimer trending for weeks.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Warner should just get Ridley in to market DUNC II. He can compare kwisatz to Hitler, insult "millenians", educate everyone about the varying blowholes and tell journalists to "go f*ck themselves".

Millions of dollars worth of almost free advertising.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 25, 2023, 02:44:05 PMHe can compare kwisatz to Hitler

In Dune: Messiah
Spoiler
Paul does literally compare himself to Hitler, though he recognizes that Hitler's number of killed victims is minuscule when compared to his own.

If Denis does get to make Messiah like he wants to, that kind of thing is going to be very explicit moving forward. A lot of the first book's subtext about the fallacy of hero worship is being pushed heavily into the forefront in the Dune: Part Two trailers, and all of that subtext is very much made text in Messiah.
[close]

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: SiL on Aug 25, 2023, 11:48:28 AM
Oppenheimer had millions of dollars worth of free advertising with Barbenheimer trending for weeks.

Yeah, but it's second part of Dune, movie people are familiar with already. It's not unknown franchise.

ace3g

Gazz

Gazz

D U N ED U N E

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I really like that subscriber cover.

Gazz

Gazz

I should be getting it next week. Will send you some screengrabs of the article.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed