What are your favorite Aliens Comics?

Started by A-L-I-E-N, Sep 11, 2017, 09:26:48 PM

Author
What are your favorite Aliens Comics? (Read 3,323 times)

A-L-I-E-N

Which were your favorites and why? I haven't read anything past Fire and Stone but I have been collecting the early stuff for years and try to fill in the holes with the good ones first! Need something to discuss, how about that one with Vikings ("Stalker")?

Russ840

My top stories are

Labyrinth

Apocalypse: The destroying angles

Book 2/Nightmare Asylum

The Original AVP

Depending on the last issue for Dead Orbit, so far that's there as well.

A-L-I-E-N

You have been reading the recent stuff then. What do you think of Dead Orbit or Defiance?

SM

SM

Digging/ dug both.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 11, 2017, 09:51:56 PM
My top stories are

Labyrinth

Book 2/Nightmare Asylum

Same here! I think I really enjoyed Sacrifice too but it's been a while since I read that.

Quote from: A-L-I-E-N on Sep 11, 2017, 09:57:04 PM
You have been reading the recent stuff then. What do you think of Dead Orbit or Defiance?

I'm really digging Dead Orbit and am eager to see how that one ends. I think it has the potential to be one of the better ones.

Xenomrph

Labyrinth by a large margin, followed by Apocalypse.

Corporal Hicks

I think you'll probably get those answers quite a lot. lol

SM

SM

I find Apocalypse to be over-rated. It's a decent retelling of Apocalypse Now/ Heart of Darkness, but I'd put quiye a few series ahead of it.

Russ840

Russ840

If the last issue of Dead Orbit is as good as the first three then i think i have found a contender for best Aliens comic ever. Of course, thats just me.

Defience is amazing for the first 7 issues. 8-12 seemed at lot less focused and felt like the story changed. Still one of the better Aliens comics we have had.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2017, 07:14:59 AM
Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 11, 2017, 09:51:56 PM
My top stories are

Labyrinth

Book 2/Nightmare Asylum

Same here! I think I really enjoyed Sacrifice too but it's been a while since I read that.

I'm really digging Dead Orbit and am eager to see how that one ends. I think it has the potential to be one of the better ones.

I really loved the art to Sacrifice.

SM

SM

Both Salvation and Sacrifice are crackers.

I think Stronghold is one of the more under-rated series.

A-L-I-E-N

Everyone loves pics - here's what I am working with...

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

Quote from: A-L-I-E-N on Sep 12, 2017, 03:41:09 PM
Everyone loves pics - here's what I am working with...

Starting to look like my collection ;)

My favorites are...

Aliens series 1-2 (and Earth War), AvP first series, Labyrinth, Newts Tale aaaand Genocide

PS: it may not be Aliens, but I really enjoyed the original Batman vs Predator. Art style was really nice and the match up of the 2 characters just worked given Batman is just boss! ;)

SM

SM

Genocide is pretty solid but gets a bit stupid at the end.

A-L-I-E-N

Lots of people seem to like Labyrinth. I have seen a few praising "Music of the Spheres" even though the story is a bit out there.

SM

SM

Both the comic and novel of MOTS do a great job of conveying a story about sound and the creation of a piece of music with the complete absence of audio.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed